SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

OK, if you're getting to the cell and not going crash before then you're probably not missing masters. But I'll ask anyway. Do you have ANY esp's that are showing the missing masters sign?

We know about those missing mods. BTW Wildcat's back now it was a temporary down while the author updated it.

Your problem sounds not dissimilar to the one that mpjbay was having. The first thing I'd do is un-check DynDOLOD.esp and see if you can run ok then. It's very possible your rig may not have the graphical power to run that as well. And entering an external cell may just be causing your machine to hit its limits and run out of memory.

try that first and see how you go.

OK, if you're getting to the cell and not going crash before then you're probably not missing masters. But I'll ask anyway. Do you have ANY esp's that are showing the missing masters sign?

We know about those missing mods. BTW Wildcat's back now it was a temporary down while the author updated it.

Your problem sounds not dissimilar to the one that mpjbay was having. The first thing I'd do is un-check DynDOLOD.esp and see if you can run ok then. It's very possible your rig may not have the graphical power to run that as well. And entering an external cell may just be causing your machine to hit its limits and run out of memory.

try that first and see how you go.

Thank you for replying.

Yes I have tried without DynDolod.esp but it still crashes just like before.Should I disable texgen output and dynolod output as well and check.

One more thing I forgot to tell previously was that the game crashes anytime I try to exit to desktop even in interiors.

And are there any other ways to increase performance?

Edited by martydude97

The Standalone creation has began I have gotten down to Falskaar more will follow throughout this week. I will only be adding SRLE Base mods any additions, tweaks and mod testing can be dealt with by my young apprentice lol and anyone else who feels up for test things out the makig recommendations to Nozzer.

As for Elemental Dragons I am not sure cos it will mean the removal of Deadly Dragon and likely Diverse Dragons as well. Also an update to the CR and new conflicts sorted out I will leave that for Nozzer to decide if he want to do that.

wow right on

If DynDOLOD's not active then the outputs are pointless, so you can uncheck them too.

You said you did Neo's SRLE guide and was OK to there, yes? So go back to a normal SRLE guide as per Neo's guide. Then slowly add mods from SRLE LOTD until you get the issue again.

Even without dyndolod it crashed.

Could I remove dyndolod from installation to save some much needed vram? I understand that there are some mods that require dyndolod to work. How would I understand which mods to remove(other than the obvious billboards)?

And which kind of mods would use the most amount of Vram(like mountains , body textures etc.) so that that I can use the optimal setup for my PC and not overload too

much ?

And I would very much like to do the conflict resolution myself but I don't understand how to do it. I mean should we make a CR.esp or it will made after all edits in xEdit ?

Could you please point me to some guides on this matter?

And perhaps some advice on which mods can be use to optimize using ddSopt and how?

And I am seeing some post about the guide being made standalone. What does "standalone" mean? :confused:

And thanks for being so helpful :^_^:

Edited by martydude97

Could I remove dyndolod from installation to save some much needed vram? I understand that there are some mods that require dyndolod to work. How would I understand which mods to remove(other than the obvious billboards)?

And which kind of mods would use the most amount of Vram(like mountains , body textures etc.) so that that I can use the optimal setup for my PC and not overload too

much ?

And I would very much like to do the conflict resolution myself but I don't understand how to do it. I mean should we make a CR.esp or it will made after all edits in xEdit ?

And perhaps some advice on which mods can be use to optimize using ddSopt and how?

And I am seeing some post about the guide being made standalone. What does "standalone" mean? :confused:

to be completely honest with only 2GB VRam you're really going to struggle but for starters drop all of Dyndolod, the ENB reduce all textures to 2K or even 1K

download Skyrim performance monitor a check out what happening https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6491/? (I really should add that to the tools section more work for me hehehe)

what we mean by standalone is the guide will be ungoing a Revamp so that all mods are on 1 page so you don't need to keep going back to Neo's guide if you need to reinstall any SRLE base mods.

ok so gotten down to Barenziah's Glory have spotted a small issue we need to think about and the is Relighting Skyrim Neo provides an EFLX patch via i believe his dropbox now I could add it to my own and credit both Neo and the original mod author but without permission it's a bit of a grey area. I will try and contact the our elusive Grandmaster and see if it is OK.

Edited by Darth_mathias

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/10924-srle-extended-legacy-of-the-dragonborn/?p=193353

This post has a link to the DDSopt Guide as well as the batch files I use to optimize my texture files. I do actually optimize all of my textures in this manners. I haven't thoroughly tested my game yet though, so I can't really say how well it has done. I can tell you that even with ENB and Vividian ENB preset I was averaging 45-59 FPS. After installing the Landscape mods, I am only averaging around 30 FPS and even sometimes drop to less than 24 FPS. The landscape section is most definitely performance heavy.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/10924-srle-extended-legacy-of-the-dragonborn/?p=193353

This post has a link to the DDSopt Guide as well as the batch files I use to optimize my texture files. I do actually optimize all of my textures in this manners. I haven't thoroughly tested my game yet though, so I can't really say how well it has done. I can tell you that even with ENB and Vividian ENB preset I was averaging 45-59 FPS. After installing the Landscape mods, I am only averaging around 30 FPS and even sometimes drop to less than 24 FPS. The landscape section is most definitely performance heavy.

yes the landscape mods are quite heavy hitters mostly due to the grass mods.

ok so gotten down to Barenziah's Glory have spotted a small issue we need to think about and the is Relighting Skyrim Neo provides an EFLX patch via i believe his dropbox now I could add it to my own and credit both Neo and the original mod author but without permission it's a bit of a grey area. I will try and contact the our elusive Grandmaster and see if it is OK.

I was thinking of Changing ELFX out for Realistic Lighting Overhaul. I noticed on VW description page that Manga lists RLO. I am just curious to the opinions of others on choosing ELFX over RLO. Is it because ELFX just happened to be in Neo's guide or are there other reasons?

Razorsedge, that is a good question regarding your post earlier today. I have always liked ELFX the lighting in game for me is good bar in caves where a little exta lighting can be used( i have Henry's Ring of Light for that)..never tried Realistic Lighting Overhaul. Another option may be Claralux as used by Paulroot and JD Smith on their guide, but i think it will be a lot of work for the team...still not sure if Nozzer and Darth are going modular(for patches) or staying with the CR Patch method. However i am happy with my present layout and play through based on what they have presented with a few of my favorite mods. Game pretty stable and generally can play between 5/7 hours(on weekend day if nothing Real life needs from me) with no CTD on a similar rig to yours but with GTX 780 video card

Berndaroy

much ?

Drop all of DynDOLOD and anything marked as a Billboard. Consider cutting back on the flora mods. Even with optimization I really think you'll struggle with those. This guide really works the card during loading of outside cells and that's probably where your issue lies.

Don't worry about doing the CR yourself yet. In fact I'd uncheck any CR esp you have from this guide. Let's get you stable and working first. Go back to the known good and working base SRLE as in Neovalen's guide and make sure that's legit and stable. Add mods from this guide slowly and check and check after you have. Take it easy on ALL texture mods. 1k max, and even lower on smaller stuff. You should be able to add some of the gameplay stuff like Ordinator etc on top of SRLE Base with no huge issues. Once you get to a situation where you're stable, you can enter an outside cell and not go crashing in a heap, we'll worry about showing you how to CR etc. 

OK guys I have updated the locked version as of 27/01/17 of the guide. This was the last update by Darkside before I started to add Base mods to the guide so for now I suggest you use that one. There is now also notice at the top saying things will be influx for a few weeks while we make it standalone so please bear with me and Nozzer while we do this.

I think the best practice on dropbox links would be to get permission form the mod author to copy the mod into a guide admin dropbox account. This way if the mod author closed the dropbox account we still have the file. Appropriate credit given of course.

I love this team, everyone of you. You are so gracious to help us figure out how to stabilize our games, even on low to mid end systems. It is nice to feel comfortable enough to communicate on this forum and not be afraid of being belittled or chastised for asking questions or asking for help. Thank you!

I think you will find most tech forums pretty friendly. Tech people no matter what skill level always run into issues where someone else from the community can help.