SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hey forum gurus, it's been a while since I posted here. I just recently reinstalled the SRLE base for like the 9th time since it was created. For the life of me I cannot remember how to remedy the fact that after doing the Enhanced Lighting for ENB merge, the immersive citizens ele patch is inevitably missing it's master. I though to maybe just rename the merged esp so as to clear the master issue but I can't remember if this will mess up his CR patch masters. Anyone remember the remedy?

Hey Darth Mathias long time no see lol. Looks like your guide has come a long way since it started

Simplest answer is just include ele patches with your ele merge and position the plugins appropriately.

• +1 1

Realistically, I could do what they did with YASH and Reqtified guides. They basically link the excellent setup parts of Neo's guide as a separate page, and then list the mods in full standalone. That will save some work, and allow Neo some time to get his mod list up to date while I can work on this guide as a semi-standalone. Make sense?

Also, as a general aside...

Can I get some idea as to how many people just use the provided Conflict Resolution patch, rather than roll their own by following the guide? I ask cause the actual itemized guide refers to a few mods that aren't actually in the guide any more. I was going to upgrade that as well, but would like an idea of it's relative importance as opposed to updating mods and install instructions.

Finally, it would appear the new SRO might be a little sapping since I believe it's all basically 4K textures. Might need to do a little pick and choosing on this, as suggested at by darkside in his post above.

Balls in your court if you want to put in the work to make the guide semi-standalone. Personally I wouldn't bother at this late stage but then again I am a lazy arse.

If you're also planning on updating the CR sub guide be warned it is a hell of a lot of work and mind numbingly boring. This was was one of the main reasons I abandoned it (plus the twins being born zapped my time). Also it hasn't been touched since October so is massively out of date. Again the ball is in your court if you want to do the work plus i think you deserve massive amount of credit for picking up the touch on this.

Yeah well the CR sub-guide touch up will be a long term gig, really.

I think with the semi-standalone it wont be too tough. Have a link to Neo's guide, and a mention to return to this guide at the adding mods point. Then just a full list of mods including the one's in Neo's list. Will make it a little easier to follow, plus if when SKSE and a good working mod manager pops up for SSE it'll be nice and portable, I hope.

Anyway, it's now my weekend. I have a full case of cold ones in, plenty of coffee and rice snacks. Sunday is gonna be Edit the bejasus out of a wiki day :)

Let me start by giving you kudos for this excellent guide. I've used it with my new playthrough and i got to say that this and SRLE are just what anyone needs in order to have a beautiful, hard and fun but stable experience with Skyrim. I've had a few CTD's but it was mostly because of some mods I was testing myself and lets face it skyrim without ctds isn't really skyrim ahah.

Anyway i'm posting here because i have one little question and hope you guys can reply to me without laughing at my noob face. I have some experience with skyrim and skyrim modding but this is a new modlist to me and some of its mods i just installed without thinking/reading much about it. The thing is I don't know how to improve weapons and armour. I have simithing at level 10 with the first perk (Smithing Mastery i think) and every time I want to improve something at the grindstone it says i dont have the skill required or something like that, i just want to improve the damn dagger Alvor wants (otherwise the guy just stands there with his arms crossed doing nothing every single day, i mean at this rate the poor guy and his family will be out of Riverwood for sure). Which mod is responsible for this? CCO, Ordinator, something else? I havent find any information on the subject and it brakes my heart every time i pass by Riverwood and see Alvor going bankrupt because he really needs my improved dagger.

Has anyone here had the problem of TES5Edit not having the Hishy Land Script or the other custom scripts not show up in the dropdown list? Trying to remove the land edits from unique flowers and plants. Last time I set up this guide I didnt have this problem but for some reason this time none of the added scripts are showing up. Yes I have made sure the .pas files are in the edit scripts folder and yes I am running Xedit from MO. Also yes I have moved the mtefunctions.pas from the lib folder to the main edit scripts folder. I am out of ideas and after browsing the forums nada.

@ Rogeroo: Nozzer is correct you need at to be level 15 to be able to temper "fine" gear i suggest you tweak disparity so you character it at least level 15 in smithing.

and Nozzer just so you know Darth will be home tomorrow evening so if you need help checking over Wiki stuff shoot him a message he'll need a distraction from getting bored before he is on the road again next weekend for a week.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Has anyone here had the problem of TES5Edit not having the Hishy Land Script or the other custom scripts not show up in the dropdown list? Trying to remove the land edits from unique flowers and plants. Last time I set up this guide I didnt have this problem but for some reason this time none of the added scripts are showing up. Yes I have made sure the .pas files are in the edit scripts folder and yes I am running Xedit from MO. Also yes I have moved the mtefunctions.pas from the lib folder to the main edit scripts folder. I am out of ideas and after browsing the forums nada.

****...I realized that in MO I had the executable for TES5Eddit wrong. I had the binary field pointing towards the .exe of my skyrim tools folder, which isnt in the same directory as my Skyrim directory where TES5Edit is installed

@Nozzer66 @DarkladyLexy: I really hope you heard my massive facepalm right now :blush: ...you guys are totally right. In all my noobness I thought that improving items was unlocked from the start in vanilla and since I havent played it for a long time, I remember the little quest for Alvor being one of the first tutorials just to get used to the smithing mechaniques.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it. Keep up the awesome work you are doing with SRLE Extended. Now I have to show the people of my Tamriel how screwed they are if they rely on me to kill the dragons, perhaps Nazeem is better suited for the job...

@Nozzer66 @DarkladyLexy: I really hope you heard my massive facepalm right now :blush: ...you guys are totally right. In all my noobness I thought that improving items was unlocked from the start in vanilla and since I havent played it for a long time, I remember the little quest for Alvor being one of the first tutorials just to get used to the smithing mechaniques.

Don't worry i actually did the same thing when i first installed Disparity it cos in Vanilla you are already level 15 thus can do the tutorial from the start; but with Disparity you can adjust your skills for your character.

@ Nozzer it might be worth adding a note about that to the guide when you come to edit stuff.

don't worry I've quickly popped in and added a note about it

Edited by DarkladyLexy