SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Rayhne i know how you feel. I'm awaiting v.17 of LOTD and then i draw a line. If you keep chasing after the perfect or final load order, it won't happen.Not with SSE out a the mad dash to convert over/upgrade etc.Find your point and then stop and play...there will ALWAYS be the opportunity to update later

Berndaroy

Hey folks,

Sorry, another question...

At 33.3 "[RS Children - Patches - SRLE Extended LOTD]" it asks:

* Special Installation: Install the following patches:
 * RSChildren - Merged Complete and USKP.esp (The Replacement one from SRLE Base)

Is this instruction here talking about the unmodified/unmerged 'RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp' from step 4.7.5.6 of SRLE Base -OR- is it talking about the final modified/merged 'RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp' at step 4.13.10?

I'm guessing the first, the ESP from 4.7.5.6, as why would we be needing 'Patch - Falskaar - RS kids.esp' and 'RSChildren_PatchBooksofSkyrim.esp' then since they are already merged (that is, a part of) the ESP at 4.13.10, correct?

Thanks in advance,
Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

This might be sort of off topic, but I'm not certain - it is about the guide though!

On the main guide page there is a top "Last Updated" date/time stamp and a bottom "Last Updated" date/time stamp. These don't match up. Why is that?

The bottom "Last Updated" date/time stamp appears to line up with the most recent entry on the changelog page, but even so, again on the changlog page both the top and bottom "Last Updated" date/time stamps also do not match up.

I only ask as I have gone back to Neovalen's SRLE guide and his top and bottom "Last Updated" date/time stamps do match up and I guess I was expecting the same behaviour here on the SRLE-E_LotD guide. It's just that each time I come back to the SRLE-E_LotD guide and it refreshes obviously, the top "Last Updated" date/time stamp is newer again to the bottom and I'm thinking great, its updated again, where are the changes this time !? !?  :S

I'm not cranky at anyone, just trying to understand how these date/time stamps work and if I should just be going off of one or the other.

Thanks in advance,

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

This might be sort of off topic, but I'm not certain - it is about the guide though!

On the main guide page there is a top "Last Updated" date/time stamp and a bottom "Last Updated" date/time stamp. These don't match up. Why is that?

The bottom "Last Updated" date/time stamp appears to line up with the most recent entry on the changelog page, but even so, again on the changlog page both the top and bottom "Last Updated" date/time stamps also do not match up.

I only ask as I have gone back to Neovalen's SRLE guide and his top and bottom "Last Updated" date/time stamps do match up and I guess I was expecting the same behaviour here on the SRLE-E_LotD guide. It's just that each time I come back to the SRLE-E_LotD guide and it refreshes obviously, the top "Last Updated" date/time stamp is newer again to the bottom and I'm thinking great, its updated again, where are the changes this time !? !?  :S

I'm not cranky at anyone, just trying to understand how these date/time stamps work and if I should just be going off of one or the other.

Thanks in advance,

Dodgy Bob

yes it has always done that but i have never known why my guess is server updates. There is likely a bit of code I should add but I don't know what that is. That is partly why I created the Changelog page

Will Inconsequential NPCs work with this setup? If so what patches are needed.

I know of the CRF one and the RS Kids one.

Inconsequential NPCs was in the guide a long time ago so i know it work with this setup. I dropped it because of my personal play style so grab the patches if I remember there were one or 2 conflicts that were easily fixed.

yes it has always done that but i have never known why my guess is server updates. There is likely a bit of code I should add but I don't know what that is. That is partly why I created the Changelog page

Fair enough then! Thanks Darth_mathias.

I'll just go along with keeping an eye on the bottom "Last Updated" then and checking in on the changelog page from time to time.

I know you mentioned back in post #4138 that you are done with the guide now, however this way, I know what to look out for if I'm away for a bit of time before I get to finish off setting everything up - which is happening a bit at the moment - and someone else were to update anything.

Hi, I just joined the forum and I have some merge plugin and general mod questions. (I'm kinda new at this)

For the SRLE/LOTB Miscellaneous Merge it says: Post Installation: Move the following esps to the optional tab in Mod Organizer:

DSAMG - Greybeard Fix.esp   DSAMG - Miraak Music Fixes.espMake sure ã€DSAMG】Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious remains active in Left Pane as post merge creation and files are not being copied into new merge.

Wasn't I supposed to be doing this all along, for each merge, because if I didn't I would never get below the 255 limit?  Was I supposed to be merging all the files (by checking the box in Merge Plugins for all files also) instead of just the esps?

I have a small ssd and I have been scraping for space the whole install process, it seems that SRLE and SRLE/LOTB installs end up with a lot of duplicate folders (i.e Falskaar/Falskaar Optimized) full of textures and meshes that just redundantly copy over one another.  Couldn't I just have one folder at the end of my load order with all the final, winning textures and meshes to save hd space?

How easy is it to add mods after SRLE LOTB install?  I would like to add Path of Sorcery on top of Ordinator at the very least and I don't want to break anything.  I am still learning how to use all the mod tools so any help would be appreciated? 

Thanks, I appreciate your guide very much and I look forward to playing after I finish all these merges.  Thanks for any help.

Ax

Wasn't I supposed to be doing this all along, for each merge, because if I didn't I would never get below the 255 limit? Was I supposed to be merging all the files (by checking the box in Merge Plugins for all files also) instead of just the esps?

Welcome to STEP!

I don't really get what you meant here.

I have a small ssd and I have been scraping for space the whole install process, it seems that SRLE and SRLE/LOTB installs end up with a lot of duplicate folders (i.e Falskaar/Falskaar Optimized) full of textures and meshes that just redundantly copy over one another. Couldn't I just have one folder at the end of my load order with all the final, winning textures and meshes to save hd space?

You can delete the texture folder from the unoptimized version if you want but don't delete the meshes. Because while optimizing you only optimized the textures not the meshes

How easy is it to add mods after SRLE LOTB install? I would like to add Path of Sorcery on top of Ordinator at the very least and I don't want to break anything. I am still learning how to use all the mod tools so any help would be appreciated?

It's easy to add mods, the hard part sometimes only when checking for conflicts and compatibilities with the guide. You can add it, check for conflict on xEdit and then test it out in game.

reddvilzz,

My question was when merging mods with merge plugins: Do I just merge the esp's (no extra files) or the all the  folders (all the files)? 

If I do the first choice, do I then deactivate (make them optional in MO info window) all the esps for the mods that were merged to lower my esp count, after activating the merged mod folder on LH side of mod organizer?

Should I have merged all the required mod folders,(Textures/Meshes/everything) for each merge in merge plugins?

The question arose when I reached the misc-merge section, and the special note to make the 2 esps optional confused me because I was doing that all along.

Basically what is the proper way to merge mods for SRLE Ext LOTB?

Thanks for the quick answers,

Ax