SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I just started using STEP for a first time after years of modding to see what I've been missing ;) I completed SRLE and now I've moved to this guide. I've been playing with MLU/MUS on my own modpack for quite some time and I was really surprised to see so many new weapon and armor mods added along MUS. Immersive Weapons, Heavy Armory, Dawnguard Arsenal, Faction Crossbows and so on - they, as far as I see, don't have compatibility patches and they kind of... completely break MUS balance. Like, really, what's the point of having Morrowloot with so many big armor/weapon packs without a patch? This really shocked me because you guys are really crazy about compatibility to the point of silly level of detail (which is AMAZING! RESPECT <3). So I was really surprised to see MUS alongside these mods without proper patches. Morrowloot is supposed to completely take over the loot system and adding any big weapon packs without patch completely breaks that system, in my opinion. Not trying to be smarta*s here but if I can add some suggestion I would say that you should go one way - either build the modpack around MUS (and add as many collectibles for LOTD as you can, as long as they are compatible with MUS) or the other way around; build modpack around LOTD with as many items as possible and forget completely about MUS. Right now it seems like trying to kill two birds with one stone. I just don't know what was even the reason to add MUS if it's not working properly. It seems like the whole point of this mod is completely broken.

Again, don't get me wrong - I'm extremely amazed by the quality of this guide and grateful from the bottom of my heart for the work you've done, I just don't understand this one decision :) I feel terribly bad that my first post here is about pointing out potential inconsistencies. As I said, a big THANK YOU for your work, I just wanted to discuss this one thing :)

So... if I wanted to install SRLE LOTD without armor and weapon mods that are incompatible with MUS, would it be possible to still use your CR Patch? I guess I would have to drop Immersive Weapons, Heavy Armory, Faction Crossbows and *maybe* Dawngaurd Arsenal (though I don't think that it would break the balance too much, it's rather smaller and limited to certain kind of items mod). Is it possible to remove dependencies for IW/HA/FC from this modpack? Or maybe it would be easier to just drop MUS from my load order?

Edited by Finnen

So... if I wanted to install SRLE LOTD without armor and weapon mods that are incompatible with MUS, would it be possible to still use your CR Patch? I guess I would have to drop Immersive Weapons, Heavy Armory, Faction Crossbows and *maybe* Dawngaurd Arsenal (though I don't think that it would break the balance too much, it's rather smaller and limited to certain kind of items mod). Is it possible to remove dependencies for IW/HA/FC from this modpack? Or maybe it would be easier to just drop MUS from my load order?

It would probably be a lot easier just to drop MUS from your load order.  I'm aware there are a patch or two around somewhere for MUS, but I think Heavy Armoury, Immersive Weapons and Dawnguard Armoury do need patching.  It's too much work for me right now to work on especially considering I don't use MUS.   :^_^:

Now, you could also just abstain from using any weapons added from those mods and just display them in the Museums Armory.

Edited by sirjesto

I noticed that there is a patch in Your Own Thoughts for Campfire and was wondering if we should use it? It isn't listed in your instructions but it's not not listed either. If that makes sense. I've been working on this for three days now and am a bit punch drunk.

It would probably be a lot easier just to drop MUS from your load order.  I'm aware there are a patch or two around somewhere for MUS, but I think Heavy Armoury, Immersive Weapons and Dawnguard Armoury do need patching.  It's too much work for me right now to work on especially considering I don't use MUS.   :^_^:

Now, you could also just abstain from using any weapons added from those mods and just display them in the Museums Armory.

Yeah, I think you're right. From what I see the main CR Patch doesn't require MUS. Only the NPC Overhaul one requires it and it's much smaller - I think it's in my scope of skill to even edit it manually by just removing the changes made by MUS to some NPCs. I don't think there were that many of them. And don't worry about making a patch - you've already made tons of them for both RoTE 2016 and AAE! :) 

The stripped was integrated into Legacy some time ago. All it did was just added the unique items from Morrowloot into Legacy without the need for the Morrowloot overhaul.

Really? I didn't know that. I actually thought that this was the reason why MUS was added to SRLE Extended LOTD in the first place - to get this few artifacts from Morrowind for Legacy. Now I don't understand the decision to add MUS to this pack even more, since the whole point of this mod is broken by incompatible weapon and armor mods. How about making MUS optional instead of core? ;-)

Really? I didn't know that. I actually thought that this was the reason why MUS was added to SRLE Extended LOTD in the first place - to get this few artifacts from Morrowind for Legacy. Now I don't understand the decision to add MUS to this pack even more, since the whole point of this mod is broken by incompatible weapon and armor mods. How about making MUS optional instead of core? ;-)

I would have to agree with you there. Morrowloot (any of the versions out there) really is an overhaul and kind of needs a load order build for it.

I don't actually use this SRLE LOTD guide, I just consult being on the Legacy Dev team and all, but hopefully Paul or Darth can chat with you about this.

So after all that work making merges, I open Merge Plugins and all of my merges are gone. Excuse me while I crawl into a corner and cry.

I take it you're talking about the standalone?  I still use the old xEdit script for my merges.  Works fine for me.

That's too bad.  Does that mean you need to make them again?

No idea. Probably. :P Am looking it over.

Actually I was planning on remaking them anyway but not if this might happen again.

It rarely happens.. there's a bug ticket open for it that mator hasn't gotten around to yet.  Having said that... all you need to do is backup the merges.json file in your merge plugins profile directory.  If it ever disappears just drop it back in there.  Like I said, it's a pretty rare situation... you got unlucky. :(

As you know I always appreciate any help I did look at the patches and we could use 2 of them and then I could remove the records from the CR. plus if i create a Forgotten City and Wheels of Lull patch that should remove the need for both of those from the CR.

Wouldn't it better to just put them in CR to save esp slot? Even though we are not maxing it, less esp is better I guess?