SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I want thank everyone that helped create the LOTD guide. The Landscape and NPC's looks amazing. I played for 10 hours without any issues besides the occasional stutter. 

Skyrim is one of the few games that scale with CPU speed. The majority of the work is done with the first core so with a heavily modded game that is scripts heavy it becomes CPU limited, not just  GPU. I found that going from 4Ghz to 4.8 eliminated most of the stuttering and raised the framerate in areas that cause major drops in FPS. 

I must probably going to need to have a look at that, I have some understandings of hardware (i built my own rig) but never tried any OC, it scares me a bit. My idea was getting an stable SRlE _LOTD, and after try some OC, just processor, to afraid to OC the graphic card, i know afterburn can do it but i rather don't touch that.

In the other hand i am not too concerned about FPS, i play at 4k but because i have an issue with a cable that i shouldn't but i do, an DP cable, the monitor plays at 4K but at 30HZ, the frame rate stays practically "glued" to that 30FPS it barely moves down.

BTW i decreased resolution to 1440 and 1080 and the results are the same, tomorrow i will try to find out a bit more, today i am kinda of fustrated

Thanks

Edited by richardo11

@Richardo11 I would also recommend reducing EVT from the larger meshes to the normal size one

Right now i lost you, What is the EVT?

But in any case it pisses me off a little bit that with 4Gb VRAM, an i7 processor and dedicated SSD, i can't run LoTD, I am pretty sure i Should, at least it is my idea

Tomorrow i will go for it again top to bottom,  will see what i got, In any case the figures given to me by SPerformance are not terrible, I think the max i got it is something like 3.5, and regularly just around the 3G, so I should not have problems, I guess

I must probably going to need to have a look at that, I have some understandings of hardware (i built my own rig) but never tried any OC, it scares me a bit. My idea was getting an stable SRlE _LOTD, and after try some OC, just processor, to afraid to OC the graphic card, i know afterburn can do it but i rather don't touch that.

In the other hand i am not too concerned about FPS, i play at 4k but because i have an issue with a cable that i shouldn't but i do, an DP cable, the monitor plays at 4K but at 30HZ, the frame rate stays practically "glued" to that 30FPS it barely moves down.

BTW i decreased resolution to 1440 and 1080 and the results are the same, tomorrow i will try to find out a bit more, today i am kinda of fustrated

Thanks

You can try reducing your shadows to medium or low. The game offloads all shadow rendering to the CPU. That should help with the stuttering. 

are you sure you use bot NPC retextures and it's CR and the latest? They don't look as vanilla and they wear what they should. Ralof is wearing the stormcloack prisoner armor from IA.

Wait, so the correct armor used by them is the standard armor but from IA? Or the correct one is the Heroic Imperial/Stormcloak armor?

Right now i lost you, What is the EVT?

But in any case it pisses me off a little bit that with 4Gb VRAM, an i7 processor and dedicated SSD, i can't run LoTD, I am pretty sure i Should, at least it is my idea

Tomorrow i will go for it again top to bottom,  will see what i got, In any case the figures given to me by SPerformance are not terrible, I think the max i got it is something like 3.5, and regularly just around the 3G, so I should not have problems, I guess

EVT is Enhanced Vanilla Trees and yes with your setup you should be able to Run SRLE Extended LOTD. I suggest to look up some tutorials on how to overclock your CPU it not that hard really most motherboards have this built in.

hey all. been playing SLRE Extended LOTD for a week no bugs everything looking great.  Logged off last nite then logged back in this morning to find my character, (no npcs) had a very dark brown face.  I havnt cganged anything with the load order or added mods at all in the week ive been playing, with the exeption of adding pretty animations a few days ago and re ruinning FINIS.    only thing i changed last nite was i disabled bathing in skyrim as well as ineed and frostfall via  the mcm menu ingame as i wanted to run  across map and take screenshots without worrying about the survival aspect.  Turning them back on did nothing.  Checked all my old saves, my character has a hprribly dark face. very dark brown.  (it is a Caucasian nord)  tried starting a new character, any race or gender has the same issue.  any idea where to start trouble shooting?  

hey all. been playing SLRE Extended LOTD for a week no bugs everything looking great.  Logged off last nite then logged back in this morning to find my character, (no npcs) had a very dark brown face.  I haven't changed anything with the load order or added mods at all in the week ive been playing, with the exception of adding pretty animations a few days ago and re running FINIS.    only thing i changed last nite was i disabled bathing in skyrim as well as ineed and frostfall via  the mcm menu ingame as i wanted to run  across map and take screenshots without worrying about the survival aspect.  Turning them back on did nothing.  Checked all my old saves, my character has a horribly dark face. very dark brown.  (it is a Caucasian nord)  tried starting a new character, any race or gender has the same issue.  any idea where to start trouble shooting?  

interesting Dark faces/grey faces is pretty common vanilla bug with facegen data only way i know how to fix is to generate facegen data in the CK

Thanks

Enable in the nvidia driver adaptive vsync or you can also try the new fast vsync but disable vsync in enblocal and skyrimprefs Edited by paul666root

EVT is Enhanced Vanilla Trees and yes with your setup you should be able to Run SRLE Extended LOTD. I suggest to look up some tutorials on how to overclock your CPU it not that hard really most motherboards have this built in.

For the beginning just overclock using the multiplier. Always test the cpu with a stresser and if its stable with the stresser for 1h then you can increase a bit more. Also always check temperatures. Seek whats the max safe temp for your cpu and be below that after few hours of stress test. You need a good cooler for OC. Also if test fails you may have to increase voltage.

Dont overclock your VC...

Wait, so the correct armor used by them is the standard armor but from IA? Or the correct one is the Heroic Imperial/Stormcloak armor?

From memory: i think it was mq101stormcloackprisonerarmor for ralof and studded imperial armor for hadvar...

Haven't actually tried the below yet as I don't have any time to play right now... but if it works it looks like we should slot this in.  It also adjusts Hoth and a few others that don't interact with EFF out of the box.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41524/?

Inigo 

• EFF support, references and calls EFF script to add follower once they are determined to be a player teammate.
  • Adjusts the PlayerFollowerCount variable while speaking with Inigo to allow for recruitment with UFO and EFF.

Thought the face gen data thi g only helps npcs though? All npcs in my game look normal. Only player character has the bug

Are you sure this is only your character? Check some NPCs that are not altered by the NPC retexture mods and see if they have the issue. If so its probably something overwriting your head mesh.

If its truly only your character I am not sure. Maybe try changing the complexion in Racemenu.

this little guide maybe help everyone I have implemented some of these myself Stability Performance Optimization ENB Configuration - a Comprehensive Guide by Memnochs https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74427/? this has really help me stabilize my FPS.

Looking thorough this, and I read the merged patch section, I've seen this elsewhere, and I'm wondering what the benefit is. Can someone explain why this is done? Wouldn't the bash tag and CR cover this?