SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Nightmare version have the resistance and immunity feature for the enemies from different weapons. Before we use BYS to do this but now AAE nightmare have its own and which I think it is better. The normal version doesn't have this feature.

I was under the impression that the Normal version still has the resistances and immunities but the nightmare version brings those really high.

The forum sticky states:

Nightmare version which turns the AAE Style resistances up to 11, in other words under circumstances will you beable to kill let alone harm a werewolf with that Ebony Battleaxe, no you will need Silver or a Daedric Artefact or something along those lines.

To be honest I'm not really clear on the difference between the normal and nightmare versions of AAE

I was under the impression that the Normal version still has the resistances and immunities but the nightmare version brings those really high.

The forum sticky states:

Nightmare version which turns the AAE Style resistances up to 11, in other words under circumstances will you beable to kill let alone harm a werewolf with that Ebony Battleaxe, no you will need Silver or a Daedric Artefact or something along those lines.

To be honest I'm not really clear on the difference between the normal and nightmare versions of AAE

I guess we have to wait for someone to test it out first if the resistance and immunities are overwhelming maybe normal is the way.

Can't imagine what will happened when I'm being ambushed by Werewolf's from SoT with nightmare version. Haven't been through that part yet.

In the comments section Alex9ndre says about vampires;

Their weakness to fire is either 50% or 100%, I forget which one exactly and in the new version of AAE they are only 50% resistant to normal weapons, They have no resistance in the Noob version and are fully Immune to normal weapons in the Hardcore version.

So in Nightmare vampires (I'm guessing Werewolves too) are completely immune to normal weapons.  I foresee a lot of dead npc's, which is why I'm using the normal version.

What's MO3S - Alternate Textures for? Can anyone explain this?

I saw some records which have several of these. Is it better to just use one of them or both of them works just fine?

Also I noticed some armor records that CCF use but overwritten by other mods like 

Undeath.esp \ Armor \ 0010CFE4 <ClothesMonkRobesColorBrownHooded>

0010CFEA

0010CFEB

0010CFEC

CCF have VMAD on them while it is being overwritten by Undeath the VMAD is not carried over.

CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp \ Armor \ 0007C932 <ClothesMGRobesArchmage>

CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp \ Armor \ 0010F570 <ClothesMGRobesArchmage1Hooded>

CCF keywords is not carried over.

Their weakness to fire is either 50% or 100%, I forget which one exactly and in the new version of AAE they are only 50% resistant to normal weapons, They have no resistance in the Noob version and are fully Immune to normal weapons in the Hardcore version.

So in Nightmare vampires (I'm guessing Werewolves too) are completely immune to normal weapons.  I foresee a lot of dead npc's, which is why I'm using the normal version.

I'm also worried that the nightmare versions total immunity will make the NPCs totally helpless against the vampires. Even with my other character using BYS for the resistances the guards and citizens were completely helpless against the vampire threat, and the streets were littered with bodies every time. Still can't comment on the current situation, since I cranked up the starting level of vampire attacks from Timing is Everything and set the important NPCs as essential from Deadly Dragons.

I also think total immunities to weapons are somewhat stupid for physical enemies such as vampires. For a ghost such immunity is ok, but realistically speaking even bedrock will lose to water given enough time, and vampires/undead are still relatively soft flesh and bone even if unnaturally strengthened by magic. They should be more resistant since they don't really suffer from things such as trauma like the living, but if you hack at them enough with a heavy object they should go down.

Edited by howlingc

hey guys/Ladies I have update my modwat.ch profile to bring it in line with the latest setup of things (NPC Retexture stuff plus other bits and bobs).

Edit: I have also done a few small tweaks to the integration guide nothing major mostly colour changes and a few spelling corrections.

Edited by Darth_mathias

The forum sticky states:

I guess we have to wait for someone to test it out first if the resistance and immunities are overwhelming maybe normal is the way.

Can't imagine what will happened when I'm being ambushed by Werewolf's from SoT with nightmare version. Haven't been through that part yet.

I'm also worried that the nightmare versions total immunity will make the NPCs totally helpless against the vampires. Even with my other character using BYS for the resistances the guards and citizens were completely helpless against the vampire threat, and the streets were littered with bodies every time. Still can't comment on the current situation, since I cranked up the starting level of vampire attacks from Timing is Everything and set the important NPCs as essential from Deadly Dragons.

I also think total immunities to weapons are somewhat stupid for physical enemies such as vampires. For a ghost such immunity is ok, but realistically speaking even bedrock will lose to water given enough time, and vampires/undead are still relatively soft flesh and bone even if unnaturally strengthened by magic. They should be more resistant since they don't really suffer from things such as trauma like the living, but if you hack at them enough with a heavy object they should go down.

I would stick with the normal version for the guide to be most compatible with the majority of users playstyles. It should be up to the individual users to use Noob, or Nightmare versions.

The beauty of it is that there is no difference between the versions as far as patches and conflict resolution is concerned so one can switch without any headaches at all.

I would stick with the normal version for the guide to be most compatible with the majority of users playstyles. It should be up to the individual users to use Noob, or Nightmare versions.

The beauty of it is that there is no difference between the versions as far as patches and conflict resolution is concerned so one can switch without any headaches at all.

I concur I will switch it back to normal for the guide it will be up to the users to decide for themselves which version they want to use. 

Hi guys,  I have a no variance LoTD install I've finally completed and now testing.  Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.   

I've re-installed XPMSE, Immersive animations, DSR, set reset XPMSE as per NEO's MCM...   While I have my sword on my back when I unsheath it my guy reaches to the left hip to arm himself.   Also when he sheaths it he places it on his left hip but it ends up on his back..  ugh????  Any thoughts?      Thanks

good day everyone.  finally finished installation with 2 variations. added true wolves of skyrim and imaginator.  found one bug so far.. when approaching whiterun where the comp-anions aree fighting a giant, i see that farkas's cloak is missing the texture.  I have reinstalled cloaks of skyrim textures as well as the HD textures for skyrim cloaks again, but it is still showing up purple.  any ideas how to fix?

The current 1.04 version of NPC Retextures Merged needs some cleaning, as it's overriding a lot of stuff from RDO.  Just a basic TES5EDIT clean took out a bunch of records, and much of the Dialog Topic section (which is not touched by TES5EDIT cleaning) is identical to Skyrim.esm, with all the rest having small changes that are carried forward by RDO.  In any case, the guide should have a LOOT rule for Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp  LOAD AFTER NPC Retextures Merged.esp.

The current 1.04 version of NPC Retextures Merged needs some cleaning, as it's overriding a lot of stuff from RDO.  Just a basic TES5EDIT clean took out a bunch of records, and much of the Dialog Topic section (which is not touched by TES5EDIT cleaning) is identical to Skyrim.esm, with all the rest having small changes that are carried forward by RDO.  In any case, the guide should have a LOOT rule for Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp  LOAD AFTER NPC Retextures Merged.esp.

For me RDO is already loading after NPC Retextures Merged.esp bare in mind i am using the optional retexture so it might be different for the core one as i have not looked at these.

Hi guys,  I have a no variance LoTD install I've finally completed and now testing.  Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.   

I've re-installed XPMSE, Immersive animations, DSR, set reset XPMSE as per NEO's MCM...   While I have my sword on my back when I unsheath it my guy reaches to the left hip to arm himself.   Also when he sheaths it he places it on his left hip but it ends up on his back..  ugh????  Any thoughts?      Thanks

Nevermind got it...  one, I always should reference STEP in my google search for problems.  Always find the relevant issue here.   It seems I had nothing in my scripts file in the SRLE LoTD profile mod.  Just ran FNIS and SUM good to go!