SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

everyone knows SRLE extended is a hungry beast. If you want to play the game with a medium or low pc you need to drop all textures to a lower quality (and don't install any of the textures in extended stick to SRLE base).

Look at my PC specs. I don't consider that low or medium. But the guide is setup currently so that it requires a 980ti or better plus Windows 7 to run.

It's overkill.

And the textures aren't even the problem. It's all the tree and grass mods. EVT and SFO add a TON to vram usage and are a big hit. I don't care if I take heat for this.

Edited by twiztedmongoloid

Forgot to ask how come we are not using the perks from npc overhaul instead of npc overhaul? for example farkas

0001A692 <Farkas> "Farkas"

• Conflict Resolution: Use record from NPC Retextures Merged.esp then move ACBS - Configuration, Perks, AIDT - AI Data, DNAM - Player Skills, ZNAM - Combat Style from ESFCompanions.esp
  • Problem Resolved Changes from NPC Retextures Merged and Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild to be Merged.

Forgot to ask how come we are not using the perks from npc overhaul instead of npc overhaul? for example farkas

0001A692 "Farkas"

• Conflict Resolution: Use record from NPC Retextures Merged.esp then move ACBS - Configuration, Perks, AIDT - AI Data, DNAM - Player Skills, ZNAM - Combat Style from ESFCompanions.esp
  • Problem Resolved Changes from NPC Retextures Merged and Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild to be Merged.

because Darth decided to use the perks from enhanced Skyrim factions for the companions similar reason why we use the perks from Immersive college of winterhold for the college mages.

Look at my PC specs. I don't consider that low or medium. But the guide is setup currently so that it requires a 980ti or better plus Windows 7 to run.

It's overkill.

yes it is. This is actualy even posted in the beginning at the author's system specs. This was actualy a mod compilation made on top of SRLE (based on someone's taste) that got into a guide eventualy. Many of the users here (even with lowers setups) had good experience with it and some (like you) dont like it. But this is actualy a matter of taste and ofc good tweaks for every system setup. If you need help in tweaking i'm sure someone will help; if you dont then noone is actualy forcing you to install. Have a nice day.

what?  ::):

It's overkill.

And the textures aren't even the problem. It's all the tree and grass mods. EVT and SFO add a TON to vram usage and are a big hit. I don't care if I take heat for this.

Well if you don't like them drop them then and actually the 2 biggest hitters are the ENB and dyndolod. Darth always used the Performance version of Vividain plus the medium tweaks from Nearox mentioned in the guide. He did try out organic ENB before he went of tour and got better performance from that.

OK, PLEASE, DO NOT READ THIS!!  --  (My wrong i went for non-ENB and thus i miss this file) Sorry

MO is reporting about a missing plug  --"Undeath_USLEEP_Patch.esp" --

Missing Masters --" ELE_Legenday_Fs_Lite.esp"

I have checked and rechecked the installation of "Enhanced Lights and FX" (ELFX - Exterior.esp / EnhancedLightsandFX.esp)

Unofficial ELFX SMIM ENB fps performance patch - (Skysand_SMIM_Fix.esp)  ----

If AAE and Bring your silver still aren't playing nicely together maybe we should consider dropping Bring Your Silver? until the mod authors either fix it or a patch is made.

That probably is something to consider.

It seems that AAE already touches on special enemies stats and resistances. I don't know if it wold make sense having both.

What BYS adds is extra silver weapons arsenal, but I don't know if that would be really necessary.

yes it is. This is actualy even posted in the beginning at the author's system specs. This was actualy a mod compilation made on top of SRLE (based on someone's taste) that got into a guide eventualy. Many of the users here (even with lowers setups) had good experience with it and some (like you) dont like it. But this is actualy a matter of taste and ofc good tweaks for every system setup. If you need help in tweaking i'm sure someone will help; if you dont then noone is actualy forcing you to install. Have a nice day.

what?  ::):

The authors system specs don't mean it requires these specs. If it does mean that then clearly state that in the guide.

I use performance version of ENB with extra features turned off and majority of 1k textures with LOW dyndolod.

I like the mod list.....I've said that many times if I didn't I wouldn't be here. It just needs tweaked so that it isn't targeting the 10 percent of users with super computers.

Some of us actually want to play the game and not get 20 fps and tons of combat ctds

Have a nice day

The authors system specs don't mean it requires these specs. If it does mean that then clearly state that in the guide.

I use performance version of ENB with extra features turned off and majority of 1k textures with LOW dyndolod.

I like the mod list.....I've said that many times if I didn't I wouldn't be here. It just needs tweaked so that it isn't targeting the 10 percent of users with super computers.

Some of us actually want to play the game and not get 20 fps and tons of combat ctds

Have a nice day

I play the game, and have been playing the game for several weeks now, and don't get any combat ctds. Only regular constant ctds I get are with the museum safehouse crafting stations, which I guess are caused by having way too much stuff. On the performance side my game runs very smoothly the entire time after I changed couple major texture mods for the performance version. I don't use performance ENB.

Comparing your machines specs to mine there isn't a huge difference. Your GPU is somewhat more powerful, while I have the more powerful CPU even though yours should slightly beat mine in pure single core performance. The major difference is that I have more RAM and I assume different windows versions since you were complaining about the effective Windows 7 requirement.

Unless you are using Windows 10 I'm somewhat at loss why our experience is so different.

I play the game, and have been playing the game for several weeks now, and don't get any combat ctds. Only regular constant ctds I get are with the museum safehouse crafting stations, which I guess are caused by having way too much stuff. On the performance side my game runs very smoothly the entire time after I changed couple major texture mods for the performance version. I don't use performance ENB.

Comparing your machines specs to mine there isn't a huge difference. Your GPU is somewhat more powerful, while I have the more powerful CPU even though yours should slightly beat mine in pure single core performance. The major difference is that I have more RAM and I assume different windows versions since you were complaining about the effective Windows 7 requirement.

Unless you are using Windows 10 I'm somewhat at loss why our experience is so different.

To be clear I have NOT used or tested the current version of the guide. My last install was the August 18th version. Looking at it tho looks like its a step back performance wise not a step forward.

My FPS in most areas weren't bad. 40 to 50 with drops to 30s in intense scenes. I did have quite a few combat ctds tho that I believe were memory related. Played that save for 29 hours.

Guide was installed exactly as written with NO deviation except the performance tweaks already mentioned.

What are your system specs? Where's your mod list?

No offense but i dont believe some of you guys because my experience says otherwise. with old guide i was hitting over 3GB regularly.....so something doesnt add up.

did i mention i reduced texture sizes lol

Edited by twiztedmongoloid

Have a nice day

u w0t mate, It's surely not enjoyable to have 23 fps in some areas with a 1080 ayy.

independant of the gpu 'cuz even with the enb disabled, same thing happens loooooooooooooooololol.

To be clear I have NOT used or tested the current version of the guide. My last install was the August 18th version. Looking at it tho looks like its a step back performance wise not a step forward.

I am sorry but if you haven't updated since the 18th of August how can you comment on the current state of performance of the guide cos there have been quite a lot a big changes. I can't even give a proper assessment cos even I am out of date now and I am the original guide author. I have 2 days before I am of out again rigging and lighting stuff so if i can i will update my install and assess it current stable state.