SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Just found a bug:   'Patch - Interesting NPCs - RS kids.esp' has some bad records in Odette3DNPC's packages, which can be easily found using Check for Errors in Tes5Edit.  Somehow, this wasn't caught by Merge Plugins - but it caused a bad merge on that record.   At least, it did for me, and I'm pretty sure I had the latest version of that patch (which is from July 2014, so I'm not surprised if it got out of date.)   Could someone else verify this problem, and perhaps a note to fix that esp be put in the guide?

ok question.. at top of guide it says and i quote... "Best advice when installing SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn is to test after each section, if you CTD or ILS after a section then you know something needs adjusting."

Well ive just got to end of  the colletables and treasure hunts and whenever i try to load an outside cell i get a CTD.  This is with the original SR CR mod disabled as well as Dyndolod and profile folders for SLRE BASE disabled.  No message from crash fixes.. my memory blocks log telling me default heap size is 768 which makes no sence seeing as i put it to 1024 manually in SKSE.ini.  but no message from crash fixes makes me wonder if its not a VRAM issue? i have 4064 set as im running windows 10 and have a 4 GB grpahics card

ok question.. at top of guide it says and i quote... "Best advice when installing SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn is to test after each section, if you CTD or ILS after a section then you know something needs adjusting."

Well ive just got to end of  the colletables and treasure hunts and whenever i try to load an outside cell i get a CTD.  This is with the original SR CR mod disabled as well as Dyndolod and profile folders for SLRE BASE disabled.  No message from crash fixes.. my memory blocks log telling me default heap size is 768 which makes no sence seeing as i put it to 1024 manually in SKSE.ini.  but no message from crash fixes makes me wonder if its not a VRAM issue? i have 4064 set as im running windows 10 and have a 4 GB grpahics card

You're running out of memory.  If you set your DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024 in skse.ini, then your maximum memory size is 1024 for both heap blocks combined, and thus only 768 in heap block 1, because 256 is allocated for heap block 2, and 1024-256=768.

I recommend that you use the memory tweak in Crash Fixes, as specified in the SRLE install guide, instead of tweaking skse.ini.

You're running out of memory.  If you set your DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024 in skse.ini, then your maximum memory size is 1024 for both heap blocks combined, and thus only 768 in heap block 1, because 256 is allocated for heap block 2, and 1024-256=768.

I recommend that you use the memory tweak in Crash Fixes, as specified in the SRLE install guide, instead of tweaking skse.ini.

Yes we need to change those instructions as left over from the older SRLE Extended Guide used from before crash fixes do as GalenZ says.

I will check that and report back, only tweaked SKSE.ini as the guide for the LOTD versions says at top, 

"

SKSE.ini

It is advised to adjust the following in your SKSE.ini file:

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256"

Yes we need to change those instructions as left over from the older SRLE Extended Guide used from before crash fixes do as GalenZ says.

Ah you replied as I was typing this lol.  i shall report back in a sec with that change

ok tis may be a dumb question.. I reset my SKSE ini to SLRE base defaults now my, ie , 512 for default, but for some reason its not applying to game? as my memory blocks log is reading as follows. Block1 Block2

256MB 256MB

Why isnt it seeing the ini where I have set Default heap to 512?  also have the SLRE Base Allocator tweak set in skse.ini as well as -forcesteamloader set in MO.  

Bug in merging:  Putting all of Dreadflopp's patches into a merge is a bad idea, because several patches modify the same level lists, and merging does not combine level lists the way Bash does - it only uses the last one.

Specifically, only the following esps contain non-level lists data, and can be merged:

SRLE__MUS__CCOR New Recipes__WAA.esp

SRLE__MUS__Lore Weapons Expansion__WAA.esp

They need to be LOOT ordered after WAA Merged Patches.esp, no matter what.  I personally would recommend putting them into their own little mod, and merging them as the last things in WAA Merged Patches.

Whereas, the following esps contain ONLY level list data, and thus can be merged and disabled automatically by Bash.  There is no need to use Merge Plugins on any of them, but you should set Bash DELEV and RELEV tags on them:

CACO_3DNPC_Patch_lvl list.esp     ----\

CACO_GrayCowl_Patch_lvl list.esp ---- these two mods edit the same leveled list, and so should not be merged together by Merged Plugins

CACO_SkyTEST_lvl list.esp

SRLE__Lore Weapon Expansion__aMidianBorn_ContentAddon__MUS.esp

SRLE__Lore Weapon Expansion__MUS.esp

I'm looking at those patches in TES5Eedit, and it looks to me like CACO_SkyTEST_lvl list.esp is totally redundant - it just duplicates the lists already in CACO, and it's removal of the 'Use All' flag on a few lists seems both wrong and useless, as Bash restores the UseAll flag from CACO on those lists.

Can someone else take a look at this and make sure I'm understanding things correctly?

Edited by GalenZ

ok tis may be a dumb question.. I reset my SKSE ini to SLRE base defaults now my, ie , 512 for default, but for some reason its not applying to game? as my memory blocks log is reading as follows. Block1 Block2

256MB 256MB

Why isnt it seeing the ini where I have set Default heap to 512?  also have the SLRE Base Allocator tweak set in skse.ini as well as -forcesteamloader set in MO.  

you got it wrong....

have you installed Crash Fixes from SRLE base?

go in left pane in MO and open in exploerer Crash fixes mod folder

in the SKSE/Plugins/CrashFixPlugin.ini  search  for UseOSAllocators  and set it to 1  then search for AlignHeapAllocate  and set it to 1

crash fixes does not require any settings in skyrim script extender (SKSE) ini file it ignores them

EDIT NON RELATED TO THE POST ABOVE: Ok ReLinker has been updated to 26. Download it and run it again. This will fix out lod problem.
Edited by paul666root

Bug in merging:  Putting all of Dreadflopp's patches into a merge is a bad idea, because several patches modify the same level lists, and merging does not combine level lists the way Bash does - it only uses the last one.

Specifically, only the following esps contain non-level lists data, and can be merged:

SRLE__MUS__CCOR New Recipes__WAA.esp

SRLE__MUS__Lore Weapons Expansion__WAA.esp

They need to be LOOT ordered after WAA Merged Patches.esp, no matter what.  I personally would recommend putting them into their own little mod, and merging them as the last things in WAA Merged Patches.

Whereas, the following esps contain ONLY level list data, and thus can be merged and disabled automatically by Bash.  There is no need to use Merge Plugins on any of them, but you should set Bash DELEV and RELEV tags on them:

CACO_3DNPC_Patch_lvl list.esp     ----\

CACO_GrayCowl_Patch_lvl list.esp ---- these two mods edit the same leveled list, and so should not be merged together by Merged Plugins

CACO_SkyTEST_lvl list.esp

SRLE__Lore Weapon Expansion__aMidianBorn_ContentAddon__MUS.esp

SRLE__Lore Weapon Expansion__MUS.esp

I'm looking at those patches in TES5Eedit, and it looks to me like CACO_SkyTEST_lvl list.esp is totally redundant - it just duplicates the lists already in CACO, and it's removal of the 'Use All' flag on a few lists seems both wrong and useless, as Bash restores the UseAll flag from CACO on those lists.

Can someone else take a look at this and make sure I'm understanding things correctly?

You're correct;  it'll be fixed with the changes to patching that I'm putting together.

Edited by jdsmith2816