SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

It won't Darth, because the textures/terrain/LODGen/Trees Merged.esp folder it creates is completely new so it isn't overwriting anything.  But for DynDOLOD to recognise the LODs for any given esp there needs to be a corresponding folder in LODGen with the same name as the esp.  Because the trees merge removes caribougone.esp etc those LODs will never be looked for when running DynDOLOD, hence the need for ReLinker to copy everything from the original four LODGen folders into the one new one.  If any formIDs change in the merge it also renames the corresponding tree LODs and .txt files when copying them over.

in that case shoudl we not move the LODs from ReLinker ouptut to Trees Merged?

I'm currently running SRLEX LotD (pre-new landscape stuff) on a Win 10 system with a 3GB GTX 780 video card @ 1920x1200, with base LotD textures (not the 1k) and am getting decent performance- 45-50 fps outdoors with all Vividian ENB features on, 55-60 fps if I turn off AO and DoF.  I'm still in the process of testing, though.

If anyone tries to install this entire guide on a 3gb card they will have issues.

My 970 is strecthed to the limit and i reduced A LOT of things. I am regularly around 3.3.....accroding to SPM

using lower resolution LOD. 1k for noble and vivid landscapes. Low dyndolod. also reduced some ENB settings. also for the stonewall textures i used lower res options for those than what the guide recommends. 

Edited by twiztedmongoloid

If anyone tries to install this entire guide on a 3gb card they will have issues.

My 970 is strecthed to the limit and i reduced A LOT of things. I am regularly around 3.3.....accroding to SPM

using lower resolution LOD. 1k for noble and vivid landscapes. Low dyndolod. also reduced some ENB settings. 

Yes, SPM shows my VRAM pretty much maxed out most of the time.   However, I'm still getting OK FPS.   I have a suspicion that VRAM usage is not a perfect guide to actual VRAM *requirements*, as I'm pretty sure that the engine caches textures in VRAM that it doesn't necessarily need during any given frame.  This is probably why I get microstutter when I spin around, as ENB moves things in and out of main RAM.  I find this acceptable; YMMV. Still, I confess that I'm eyeing the new GTX 1070 8GB cards, especially when the Skyrim Special Edition comes out at Halloween...

It's amazing you guys got less powerful graphic cards than me and still hit 60 fps all the time.

I have huge drops myself.

That bottleneck is killing it lol, soon i'll change the whole thing.

yes well i'm not getting 60 either. i'm sure it's not my PC specs but something in my setup that is wrong. I'm getting 35 to 50 outside and it jumps from place to place.

I'm even using GTX 750ti with only 2Gb vram and reaching 30 - 35 fps outdoor and 45 - 55 indoor only with Rudy enb while using tetra I can reach 35 - 40 fps outdoor and 50 - 60 indoor.

I'm testing and trying to reduce some textures to 1K using ordinador though.

Anyway what seems to cause random NPCs to be naked? Sometimes with no armors but with weapons. Using reset inventory fixed them but is kinda of annoying seeing random naked NPCs. Last base change overall all from ASIS which have the proper armors for them but for some reasons in game it maybe decided not to load?

I'm even using GTX 750ti with only 2Gb vram and reaching 30 - 35 fps outdoor and 45 - 55 indoor only with Rudy enb while using tetra I can reach 35 - 40 fps outdoor and 50 - 60 indoor.

I'm testing and trying to reduce some textures to 1K using ordinador though.

Anyway what seems to cause random NPCs to be naked? Sometimes with no armors but with weapons. Using reset inventory fixed them but is kinda of annoying seeing random naked NPCs. Last base change overall all from ASIS which have the proper armors for them but for some reasons in game it maybe decided not to load?

using F12 to disable ENB i get 45 - 60 fps . When enabled the ENB i get minus 10 fps. So i need to look further on this of what can be the cause.

also for the Naked NPCs. I don't have the armors in SRLE i got something different so i never have naked NPCs

well I am not sure then it could either Dyndolod 2.18 or BethINI or maybe Relinker isn't generating properly. I have noticed that Relinker doesn't overwrite nor is overwritten by anything LOD wise surely that is a bit suspicious.

You can test because I definitely would not have put the effort into something that was already handled, I am lazy in this sense.

Test this, please confirm or deny it because people say its pointless and as far as I can tell it can NOT find them. Please know what youre doing though.

What I did is I ran DDL like it handled billboards, counted the number of missing LOD textures.

Then I ran it when I move all the billboards to the proper folder in the proper order, there was a fraction of missing LOD textures compared to what I had before.

Last, I created that script and there were even fewer missing LOD textures due to FormID renumbering.

Here is a snip from the manual because I read this several times...

Dealing with merged Mods

For a number of mods there are custom mesh rules included. Rules for these mods are added to the mesh rules list automatically if the mods esp filename is found in the load order when using the 'Default', 'Low', 'Medium' or 'High' buttons.

If Merge Plugins by Mator is used to merge mods, its *_map.txt files with data for each merged mod are used by DynDOLOD.exe to update rules using old mod names and form ids to the new merged mod name and form ids automatically. Check the message window for 'Loaded X mesh rules for *merged.esp' and in case reference rules are used, check that these rules changed to the 'merged mod name;new form ID'.

In case other tools were used to merge mods, these rules are not automatically applied anymore. Use one of the several ways to apply rules:

Click through to the advanced screen. Manually add mesh rules after clicking 'Default', 'Low', 'Medium' or 'High' buttons. See the 'Configuration' section above.

Click through to the advanced screen. While the esp still exists with its original file name in the load order, auto build the mesh rules by clicking 'Default', 'Low', 'Medium' or 'High' buttons and then save a preset. 

Reload the preset after merging, as the listed mesh rules themselves are independent from loaded mods. Do not click 'Default', 'Low', 'Medium' or 'High' buttons. Reference rules which start with modname.esp;00ABCDEF will have to updated manually to the merged esp filename and the new form id - if it changed.

Check the rules folder 'DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\rules\' and open a *.ini rules file in notepad. Copy and paste the rules from the different rules files into a new file. Save the new file as DynDOLOD_[mergedesp].ini without any spaces and all non-alphanumeric characters removed including the dot . 

While editing the file in notepad make sure the numbering of each line starting with LODGenXX= begins at 1 at the top and is continuous without any gaps or repeating numbers to the bottom. Reference rules which start with modname.esp;00ABCDEF will have to updated manually to the merged esp filename and the new form id - if it changed.

Click through to the advanvced screen and click 'Default', 'Low', 'Medium' or 'High' buttons to verify which rules are loaded. The messages log shows a line for each mod a rule file applied for.

After reading this, I've highlighted the key terms.

Orange is for billboards

Yellow is for rules

Notice how there is zero mention of it handling merged billboards.

I mean... Correct me if I am wrong but I read this phrase several times before lifting a finger but I could of missed something

No, it doesn't.

You can test because I definitely would not have put the effort into something that was already handled, I am lazy in this sense.

Test this, please confirm or deny it because people say its pointless and as far as I can tell it can NOT find them. Please know what youre doing though.

What I did is I ran DDL like it handled billboards, counted the number of missing LOD textures.

Then I ran it when I move all the billboards to the proper folder in the proper order, there was a fraction of missing LOD textures compared to what I had before.

Last, I created that script and there were even fewer missing LOD textures due to FormID renumbering.

Here is a snip from the manual because I read this several times...

After reading this, I've highlighted the key terms.

Orange is for billboards

Yellow is for rules

Notice how there is zero mention of it handling merged billboards.

I mean... Correct me if I am wrong but I read this phrase several times before lifting a finger but I could of missed something

Well Darth was asking if we should move the ReLinker output (the lods from there actualy) to the Merged Trees mod folder.

I said that It's not necessary as DynDOLOD finds them. As in DynDOLOD find these lods made by the Relinker in the Relinker Output folder and not necessary to move them to merged trees mod.

This was actualy your recommendation to activate the output folder right before texgen. So i should think now your recommendation is wrong now?

Edit: ok you edited now the original post. Btw you pasted 3 times darth's comment

edit2: also if you think we don't appreciate your work you are wrong. WE DO! we wouldn't have asked for your help on this if we didn't think your imput is high valued

Edited by paul666root

Well Darth was asking if we should move the ReLinker output (the lods from there actualy) to the Merged Trees mod folder.

I said that It's not necessary as DynDOLOD finds them. As in DynDOLOD find these lods made by the Relinker in the Relinker Output folder and not necessary to move them to merged trees mod.

This was actualy your recommendation to activate the output folder right before texgen. So i should think now your recommendation is wrong now?

Edit: ok you edited now the original post. Btw you pasted 3 times darth's comment

The post was most for darth, that why I changed it.

This forum has been getting weird.

You can move them if you desire, but if you rebuild the merge you need to regen the billboards from the originals.

The reason for this was if darth really doesnt want the "fixed" scripts during testing.

Hishutup would you know for some reason why Dyndolod doesn't generate level 8/16 lods from the merge ?

Lod 4 Works fine even if all the levels have billboard rules

I wouldnt know, if there were only vanilla trees then Ganda or I screwed something in relinker.

There seems to be an uproar of similar issues for DDL since 2.18 was released, maybe try .17?

EDIT: oh, beforehand, try removing the SHESON script from relinker, it shouldn't have been touched and was recently add to relinker's ignore lists.