SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I may change the ENB to what i don't know I Personally use the Performance Version.

I used Vividian for a while and liked it, but switched to NLVA for my current playthrough.  Not only do I like it better (brighter days, darker nights and dungeons, more varied weather + True Storms compatibility, which is awesome!) but I also regained almost 10 fps (subjectively, since I didn't do an exact measurement).

Deadly Dragons has an option to make all important NPCs essential.  Is that what you remember?

Yes, that's what I was remembering. Looking at the documentation it makes all vendors and Quest giver NPCs essentials.

On the other hand, Essentials Are Protected (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78110/?) that was suggested previously seems to work the other way around. It makes all the already essential NPCs only protected so the player can kill them.

Edited by howlingc

I have a question about the Ordinator merge.   As specified in the guide, the merge is created with the name 'Ordinator Merged Patch.esp', then renamed back to 'Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp'.  However, if the merge is done on the full installed mod, then the resulting mod has script fragments and a SEQ file that refer to the 'Ordinator Merged Patch.esp', which will no longer exist after the rename.  It seems to me that this will be a problem.

As I see it, there are several ways to fix this, with the easist being to just merge the patches, and not the base Ordinator mod itself.  Alternatively, the base esp could be separated from it's assets, and then let Merge Plugins only see the esp, and thus not alter any assets.

As is, I am going to alter the standard merge instructions, and only merge the Ordinator patches.  Could someone with more knowledge than me please comment on this issue?  Thanks!

I have a question about the Ordinator merge.   As specified in the guide, the merge is created with the name 'Ordinator Merged Patch.esp', then renamed back to 'Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp'.  However, if the merge is done on the full installed mod, then the resulting mod has script fragments and a SEQ file that refer to the 'Ordinator Merged Patch.esp', which will no longer exist after the rename.  It seems to me that this will be a problem.

As I see it, there are several ways to fix this, with the easist being to just merge the patches, and not the base Ordinator mod itself.  Alternatively, the base esp could be separated from it's assets, and then let Merge Plugins only see the esp, and thus not alter any assets.

As is, I am going to alter the standard merge instructions, and only merge the Ordinator patches.  Could someone with more knowledge than me please comment on this issue?  Thanks!

Actually with Ordinator being update regularly I have been thinking about dropping the merge all together.

Renaming shouldn't be an issue for script fragments but the SEQ is minor and can be easily regenerated.

Facegen, voice, LODGen Billboards, translations, and possibly others are affected by changing the esp name.

Actually with Ordinator being update regularly I have been thinking about dropping the merge all together.

I think just merging the patches would be a good compromise in that regard, and save two load slots.

BTW, thanks for the quick replies, guys - I hadn't expected anyone else to be up this late on a school night!

More questions, on installing other large-scale mods in this build:

I just came back to Skyrim after months away, having left in frustration when the string table issue was raising its ugly head, and realized I would be unable to create the build I wanted.   Now, apparently, Crash Fixes resolves that problem (right?), so I can once again keep piling in as many mods as I can get to work together, right?   Having uttered the required 'Bwa-hah-hah-hah!' at this newfound power, I want to ask other people if the have any experiences (either successful or not) at getting any of the following mods to work with LotD and 3DNPC and the rest of this build:

Anna's NPCs?   This seems like a nice set of quests and NPCs to add, like Interesting NPCs but smaller.

Amorous Adventures, either the vanilla, OSex, or SexLab versions?

Caranthir Tower Reborn?  I know it just came out, but the videos look great. Anyone tried it yet?

Clockwork?

Summerset Isles?

Wyrmstooth?  I know that it's now gone from Nexus and so cannot be officially supported, but I still have all the files from before it vanished.  Any problem adding them back in?

Vilja?  I know she was string heavy, but I've always liked having her around.

Arissa?

Rigmor of Bruma?

I apologize in advance if any of these mods have been discussed earlier in this forum, but I have not yet had time to wade though all 138 pages of commentary.   Thanks in advance for anyone who can give me any advice on integrating any of thses mods into this LotD build!

it's actualy 2 pm here 

Not here :P

3a2IMvb.png

Caranthir Tower Reborn?  I know it just came out, but the videos look great. Anyone tried it yet?
Clockwork?
Summerset Isles?
Wyrmstooth?  I know that it's now gone from Nexus and so cannot be officially supported, but I still have all the files from before it vanished.  Any problem adding them back in?
Arissa?
Rigmor of Bruma?

Why are we still worried about strings?

This was fixed in Crashfixes V10 and is no longer an issue. Im surprised that summerset hasnt been included.

As for the others here, I dont think there would be an issue but one I'd look at closely would be Rigmor as it is quite large and I don't know what it actually touches.

Why are we still worried about strings?

This was fixed in Crashfixes V10 and is no longer an issue. Im surprised that summerset hasnt been included.

As for the others here, I dont think there would be an issue but one I'd look at closely would be Rigmor as it is quite large and I don't know what it actually touches.

Just checking.  Like I said, I just came back after a while away, and am just getting back up to speed on what's changed in the modding world since march - e.g. Crash Fixes removes string limit yay!, Wyrmstooth gone, boo!.  Any other big changes recently that I ought to be aware of?

I just came back to Skyrim after months away, having left in frustration when the string table issue was raising its ugly head, and realized I would be unable to create the build I wanted.   Now, apparently, Crash Fixes resolves that problem (right?), so I can once again keep piling in as many mods as I can get to work together, right?   Having uttered the required 'Bwa-hah-hah-hah!' at this newfound power, I want to ask other people if the have any experiences (either successful or not) at getting any of the following mods to work with LotD and 3DNPC and the rest of this build:

Anna's NPCs?   This seems like a nice set of quests and NPCs to add, like Interesting NPCs but smaller.

Amorous Adventures, either the vanilla, OSex, or SexLab versions?

Clockwork?

Summerset Isles?

Arissa?

Rigmor of Bruma?

I apologize in advance if any of these mods have been discussed earlier in this forum, but I have not yet had time to wade though all 138 pages of commentary.   Thanks in advance for anyone who can give me any advice on integrating any of thses mods into this LotD build!

Summerset Isle - has compatibility issues

Caranthir Tower Reborn - needs a patch for inigo and currently there isn't one (this is what I am waiting for)

Clockwork - not had time to look at this

Vilja - I don't like her

Arissa - should OK to add

Rigmor of Bruma - Never tried this so don't know.

Amorous Adventures - Never used so don't know

Anna's NPCs - again never used so don't know

Edited by Darth_mathias

[...]

[...]

If you can still get a copy of Wyrmstooth it works fine, just be sure to install all the compatibility patches for it (Farmhouse Chimneys, RS Kids, ELE, etc). I did have a problem with the Wyrmstooth RS kids patch when merging it into RS Children Merged, but that could be just me. Also, Dragonborn Gallery has a display for Wyrmstooth!

Wow. The LotD rewards are completely ridiculous. On the one had we have Morrowloot, room rental, you hunger, trade and barter, etc cutting back on the monty haul treasure-fest, and then LoTD dropping infinite charged, highly damaging weapons