SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

well after a test and bit of a mistake when generating fresh BethINI I forgot to enable Vsync in the syyrim.ini file and low and behold fps shoot back up in Falkreath turing it back on it shoot back down to 30fps.

Edit : Ok so turning off Vsync in the Skyrim.ini file and turning off the enblocl.ini file and forcing it on in the driver using NvidiaInspector yields 50fps in Falkreath at the signpost so I think I have finally figured it out by mistake.

Edit 2: Vsync on the skyrim.ini and Enblocal.ini and NvidiaInspector set to appication controls yields 30fps.

so by the looks of it something odd is going with ENB sync.

Also forcing VSync on through the driver seem to smoothed out fps a bit more for Enhanced Landscapes.

could some people do this to confirm my findings.

You are actually disabling Vsync this way. Vsync, as the name suggests, synchronizes the vertical alignment according to the hertz in your monitor, if your game doesn't reach the 60fps (60hertz) Vsync will drop it to the next sync step, in this case, 30fps (60hertz /2), this way you don't experience tearing from frames being drawn faster than the monitor's refresh rate.

If you disable Vsync, you will gain a few fps, more than 30, but less than 60 (in your case, around 50) but you will experience image tearing.

Also, be sure to limit the fps to 60 if you use this method, since Vsync is turned off, you can experience more than 60fps en some interior cells, which is not good with havok.

In short: enblocal Vsync works as intended, you are just disabling Vsync.

Edited by Hackfield

You are actually disabling Vsync this way. Vsync, as the name suggests, synchronizes the vertical alignment according to the hertz in your monitor, if your game doesn't reach the 60fps (60hertz) Vsync will drop it to the next sync step, in this case, 30fps (60hertz /2), this way you don't experience tearing from frames being drawn faster than the monitor's refresh rate.

If you disable Vsync, you will gain a few fps, more than 30, but less than 60 (in your case, around 50) but you will experience image tearing.

Also, be sure to limit the fps to 60 if you use this method, since Vsync is turned off, you can experience more than 60fps en some interior cells, which is not good with havok.

In short: enblocal Vsync works as intended, you are just disabling Vsync.

How exactly is forcing it on in the NVIDIA Inspector profile for the game disabling VSync?  AFAIK as long as it is turned on somewhere then it should be on?

Edited by dunc001

@Howlingc yes that for your vaulable input at least I know things are pretty stable for you to get to level 20

I have also message Sirjesto regarding Thornblade Keyword issue hopefully he will be able to do something about.

Edit just spotted this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78110/? maybe usual to protect those NPC's from Dying to quickly.

I usally just used this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53602/? does the same, but a plugin probably better

How exactly is forcing it on in the NVIDIA Inspector profile for the game disabling VSync?  AFAIK as long as it is turned on somewhere then it should be on?

I can't remember if driver takes precedence over enb, I think I read it in one of the threads, probably this one https://forum.step-project.com/topic/6532-new-step-vsync-settings-all-step-users-affected/

Also, as reference, see this post https://forum.step-project.com/topic/4544-vsync-in-enboost-not-working/?p=78091

Sorry for the late response, I'm at work and I can't reply straight away.

So I have a Gsync monitor, Can I just disable vsync entirely?

Yes, if you use Gsync, you should disable Vsync.

@Howlingc yes that for your vaulable input at least I know things are pretty stable for you to get to level 20

I have also message Sirjesto regarding Thornblade Keyword issue hopefully he will be able to do something about.

Edit just spotted this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78110/? maybe usual to protect those NPC's from Dying to quickly.

I remember seeing in some of the MCM menus a button to make citizens protected. Just can’t remember currently what it was, but I guess a similar feature is already included in one of the mods.

The games very stable for me. Getting an occasional crashes after several hours of play (3+ hours), and mostly just when I’m using crafting stations. I’m getting those random crashes both with safehouse special stations and regular stations so it’s not directly related to the safehouse stations.

I do have some slight performance issues that cause stuttering when I’m going forward around city exterior areas, but that’s mostly an issue on horseback because the terrain just doesn’t load fast enough.

The OP for NPC Protected Redux cites many of the mods in this guide as incompatible (NPC overhauls, Bijin, etc) plus it's another esp whereas Darth's suggestion is just an SKSE plugin?

that's why i said plugin better :D

I remember seeing in some of the MCM menus a button to make citizens protected. Just can’t remember currently what it was, but I guess a similar feature is already included in one of the mods.

The games very stable for me. Getting an occasional crashes after several hours of play (3+ hours), and mostly just when I’m using crafting stations. I’m getting those random crashes both with safehouse special stations and regular stations so it’s not directly related to the safehouse stations.

I do have some slight performance issues that cause stuttering when I’m going forward around city exterior areas, but that’s mostly an issue on horseback because the terrain just doesn’t load fast enough.

The MCM menu was deadly dragons

Edited by minos55

I have been playing too. Im level 18 and i find combat pretty good too. Not really a fan of the stagger lock tho. But coming from requiem i dont find combat super hard at all. I am playing as a mage. Seen pages back someone said leveling was slow.....i am using all recommended settings and havent had any issues leveling. I do some power gaming tho buying training and abusing my horse lol. Again just used to requiem...and requiems leveling IS super super slow. 

Have to agree on the stagger locks. Considering how fragile everything is getting staggered in many cases is almost sure way to get yourself killed. So while it is realistic it can be really frustrating on occasions.

Compared to my ranger, leveling my mage is somewhat slower to level, at least in early levels. While my ranger was around level 3-4 after completing the Riverwood starting areas, my mage was barely at level 2. Still it wasn't too slow although there is a clear difference, and despite leveling more slowly he was murdering everything at a far faster rate than my ranger could.

Darth you used SFO + SBT until some point in the old guide right ?

after installing them I have better framerate in general than EVT..

no I have never used SFO for either SRLE Extended due to no liking very much.

but we did have SBT i persuaded to switch to EVT. I have done some tinker and my VRAM is most 3.5GB Before Dyndolod so I am runnign that now to see what happens Once i know I'll update things.

Personally i think the whole Landscape section of my guide needs a bit of an overhaul/Update and a refocus cos of Legacy of the Dragonborn I am working with Paul and Hishutup On ideas for this.

Edited by Darth_mathias