a stupid question regarding esms/esps in overwrite

Yes, that or follow his manual instructions and just don't bother doing the ones for any mod you decided to not use.

so i've made dummy master.esps in Wyre Bash for falskaar, falskaar-notice boards, and ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite.esp.

then in TES5edit i manually deleted all references to said mods inside conflict resolution.esp.

the thing is that i simply cannot get rid of ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite.esp master (after i clean masters, it still shows as master, and MO will pop the error - missing masters).

I've gone through conflict resolution subguide multiple times, and even manually checked every fix inside the .esp, looking for this master, but it just doesn't show anywhere,

any suggestions on how to find it, or what to do?

*edit: formID + EditorID searches bring up nothing

*edit2: i'm guessing it has something to do with this step, which i didn't do (because i have only the first file):

Enhanced Lighting For ENB

Files to merge:

Merge name:

• ----- Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged

Filename:

• ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite.esp

and now i'm thinking... should i have just renamed ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp to ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite.esp ?? that would make so much sense!! :D

Edited by hackinghippie

Edit after re-reading post:

Renaming wouldn't help, but following the conflict resolution guide yourself isn't hard either.

Edit again: almost forgot, xedit has a script that will list references to an esp/esm. Run it and give it the number of the falskaar file and remove those records.

Edited by LordOfLA

Edit after re-reading post:

Renaming wouldn't help, but following the conflict resolution guide yourself isn't hard either.

Edit again: almost forgot, xedit has a script that will list references to an esp/esm. Run it and give it the number of the falskaar file and remove those records.

I see a problem, that the author's falskaar file is merged with the main ELE mod, and the merged mod is named ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite.esp.

so i actually do not know if i'm deleting main mod's fixes or falskaar's.

i should have just installed falskaar and reinstall all mods with fixes... hope it's still not too late

Hey hackinghippie,

Maybe this is too late, as you appear to be going back to reinstall the missing master anyway. But if you run into any issues like this again....

I had to remove Book Covers of Skyrim from my install (because I installed Legacy of the Dragonborn over the top of SRLE which has BCoS integrated), and of course this made the CR Patch unhappy. Rather than go through the entire process of manually creating a new CR patch without the bookcover references (uhg), I instead used TES5Edit to remove the references from the existing one. There is a handy little script in TES5Edit (and the name of it escapes me at the moment, it's something like "List records referencing plugin" or somesuch) that will show you every reference into the master you are missing. Then you can just go through those references and overwrite them with the next closest match.

Anyway, I documented the process in this video (starting at about 7 minutes in)

Also, I too ran into that same issue with the ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite file (for reasons which I won't bore you with here). I just renamed it, it worked fine.

[edit: Hey it embedded the video! I wasn't expecting it to do that. Hope that's okay].

Edited by RonHiler
  • +1 1

Hey hackinghippie,

Maybe this is too late, as you appear to be going back to reinstall the missing master anyway. But if you run into any issues like this again....

I had to remove Book Covers of Skyrim from my install (because I installed Legacy of the Dragonborn over the top of SRLE which has BCoS integrated), and of course this made the CR Patch unhappy. Rather than go through the entire process of manually creating a new CR patch without the bookcover references (uhg), I instead used TES5Edit to remove the references from the existing one. There is a handy little script in TES5Edit (and the name of it escapes me at the moment, it's something like "List records referencing plugin" or somesuch) that will show you every reference into the master you are missing. Then you can just go through those references and overwrite them with the next closest match.

Anyway, I documented the process in this video (starting at about 7 minutes in)

Also, I too ran into that same issue with the ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite file (for reasons which I won't bore you with here). I just renamed it, it worked fine.

[edit: Hey it embedded the video! I wasn't expecting it to do that. Hope that's okay].

Oh great Thanks so much! I actually had an exam, so I havent yet started with anything.

And yeah, I picked a great Time to start modding and playing Skyrim... Sigh...

Anyway, I will read through your post and See what I Can do when I get home later :-D

*later: 

you wrote you had the same problem with the same mod. did you also delete all the references to it in Conflict resolution patch, or just renamed it?

Edited by hackinghippie

*later: 

you wrote you had the same problem with the same mod. did you also delete all the references to it in Conflict resolution patch, or just renamed it?

I just renamed it, so it was no longer a missing master. As I remember, that issue comes about because Neo merges some files. So of course the CR Patch expects the name of the merged file. In the version of SR:LE I used (which was old), he hadn't merged those files yet, so there was no such master. While technically, the CR might need *all* of the files that were merged into one (and I was prepared to add them as masters), it turned out only the original file was needed (as far as I could tell anyway).

Now that was my case. Depending on your situation that may be different.

• +1 1

-i skipped the creation kit setting up, since i've read that if i do not do my own scripting, i do not need it.

Unless I'm mistaken, CK is required for proper configuration of "Merge Plugins" executable, specific to handling the merging of Papyrus script fragments or something. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I noticed at least one of the plugin merges decompiling and monkeying with noted...

...regarding Falskaar - seems like you're giving yourself a lot of headaches when you could simply install it and not play the mod until you're ready. Just sayin' ;-)

• +1 1

Unless I'm mistaken, CK is required for proper configuration of "Merge Plugins" executable, specific to handling the merging of Papyrus script fragments or something. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I noticed at least one of the plugin merges decompiling and monkeying with noted...

...regarding Falskaar - seems like you're giving yourself a lot of headaches when you could simply install it and not play the mod until you're ready. Just sayin' ;-)

I think you noticed that while merging Bathing in Skyrim (which I also don't use). 

I actually completed the guide, everything went through as it should - though at the end it didn't work. The program for calculationg VRAM was totally wrong - said I had like 5500MB VRAM, and I said great, that's more than enough! Turns out, I actually have 2k. (reached that even while downloading mostly 1k textures everywhere, and even turning off dyndolod (medium) and performance heavy ENB features.

So I said that it's about time to upgrade my computer a bit. For years i wanted an SSD disc, and I also ordered a 4K VRAM graphic card.

But I'm puzzled at how easily I've reached 2K VRAM, even with downsampling almost everything. If with the new graphics card I shouldn't have to do that, and I plan to do SRLE extended after (about half of it - without npc retextures and that many followers), how the hell does it not eat up 3.1GB VRAM limit??

no there wouldn't... just make the changes related to nvidia settings in the guide

ty!

so, I encountered  a problem, which never came up before...

after installing the unofficial LE patch and load up a save in Helgen - my character keeps running in place. I cannot move him, the screen just wobbles as though he is running. i cleaned my keyboard, tried pressing everything, if I type enableplayercontrols into command box, he can move - but has no animations, and the head in 1st person still wobbles.

(when I start the game in Helgen, I can move normally, this just happens after loading a save)

the thing is I just reinstalled windows with the new SSD - could I be missing some crucial app or something?