a stupid question regarding esms/esps in overwrite

post-9473-0-86461000-1465253549_thumb.pngSo I decided to be super extra careful this time around installing SRLE, sice the last 2 times I failed. and i do not want to go through failing again. so quite quickly in the guide I discovered an inconsistency. the image is attached:
it says to put bethesda ESMs from Data folder to Vanilla cleaned esms, but in my data folder, there are only BSA files. it seems logical to me, that those cleaned files are in the overwrite folder (not tes5edit backups but overwrite). so which files do I now move, and where?

also I have some questions, which I came up with during my previous tries:

-revamped alchemy lab HD has been moved to this mod: www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75380/? . since i've read here, that the author is busy with work, and he knows about the problem, does anyone have a suggestion what to do, or is it okay if i just leave it alone. those flasks don't really seem like a big deal to me.

-i skipped the creation kit setting up, since i've read that if i do not do my own scripting, i do not need it. below Eyes of beauty it says: Problem: Wild worldspace edit, a commonly occuring problem with the Creation Kit. Loading any worldspace causes it to be marked as "edited".

Solution: Delete the wild worldspace edit.

do i still delete it?

-i couldnt install add on 1 for FNIS through MO. found the data, but it said that it was probably installed incorectly, so i just clicked ignore. was that ok? (also, when i istall FNIS, do i add it to executables in MO, and run it every time i install a FNIS based mod or not, and do this at the end of the guide?)

-realistic water two mod merge: it says Special instructions:

• Post merge rename the output file RealisticWaterTwo - Merged.esp to RealisticWaterTwo.esp to retain compatibility with patches.

no idea what this means, or how to do it. I've read the author's reply to this somewhere on the forum (cant find it now). this is the only step i actually couldnt get through. can someone please explain to me (in detail) how to rename this?

thanks!

-

Edited by hackinghippie

attachicon.gifems bsa.pngSo I decided to be super extra careful this time around installing SRLE, sice the last 2 times I failed. and i do not want to go through failing again. so quite quickly in the guide I discovered an inconsistency. the image is attached:

it says to put bethesda ESMs from Data folder to Vanilla cleaned esms, but in my data folder, there are only BSA files. it seems logical to me, that those cleaned files are in the overwrite folder (not tes5edit backups but overwrite). so which files do I now move, and where?

also I have some questions, which I came up with during my previous tries:

-revamped alchemy lab HD has been moved to this mod: www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75380/? . since i've read here, that the author is busy with work, and he knows about the problem, does anyone have a suggestion what to do, or is it okay if i just leave it alone. those flasks don't really seem like a big deal to me.

-i skipped the creation kit setting up, since i've read that if i do not do my own scripting, i do not need it. below Eyes of beauty it says: Problem: Wild worldspace edit, a commonly occuring problem with the Creation Kit. Loading any worldspace causes it to be marked as "edited".

Solution: Delete the wild worldspace edit.

do i still delete it?

-i couldnt install add on 1 for FNIS through MO. found the data, but it said that it was probably installed incorectly, so i just clicked ignore. was that ok? (also, when i istall FNIS, do i add it to executables in MO, and run it every time i install a FNIS based mod or not, and do this at the end of the guide?)

-realistic water two mod merge: it says Special instructions:

• Post merge rename the output file RealisticWaterTwo - Merged.esp to RealisticWaterTwo.esp to retain compatibility with patches.

no idea what this means, or how to do it. I've read the author's reply to this somewhere on the forum (cant find it now). this is the only step i actually couldnt get through. can someone please explain to me (in detail) how to rename this?

thanks!

-

The ones that go back in the data folder and get renamed are the ones that are sitting in the TES5 Edit folder in overwrite and have 'backup' as part of their names. Cut and paste them back to the data folder and rename as necessary.

The ones that are in the overwrite folder are the ones that get put in the Cleaned Vanilla Esms.

Yes you do still delete that option from Eyes of Beauty.

And yes that ignoring selection for FNIS was right. Install it as an executable and run it ONLY at the end of the guide OR when you add another animations mod at any given time.

The renaming the file part is simple. Two ways you can do it. 

1) Right click on the mod in the left pane. Select information and go to file tree. Find the file you need to rename, right click it, select 'rename' and edit as needed.

2) Right click on the mod as above, select open in explorer and follow similarly to above. If you do it this way, then closing and reopening MO might be needed.

As for the Alchemy Mod, Neovalen knows about it and is working on what to do.

• +1 1

Point 1: The instructions for cleaning the DLC is somewhat obscure because of the differing outcomes that certain systems provide. Please see the instructions from the STEP guide.

Point 4: FNIS isn't a mod so the dialogue MO provides is telling you that the top level folder that it needs, usually the 'Data' folder, is incorrect as it is pointing to the FNIS top level folder. Clicking 'Ignore' is the correct response.

2) Right click on the mod as above, select open in explorer and follow similarly to above. If you do it this way, then closing and reopening MO might be needed.

A small tip here, to inform MO of any renaming or migrating of files done in explorer, rather than exiting and reopening MO you can just force a Refresh ;) (right click anywhere in the left panel -> All Mods -> Refresh).

A small tip here, to inform MO of any renaming or migrating of files done in explorer, rather than exiting and reopening MO you can just force a Refresh ;) (right click anywhere in the left panel -> All Mods -> Refresh).

Or you can click the Screwdriver and Wrench next to the Profile dropdown and click refresh

me again

i'm at the merging process.

1) merged the dynDOLOD resources, but haven't yet activated dynDOLOD main file (exe) (the step is a bit further down the guide). so i activate the merged mod and move it to 

after i install the exe? 

2) even better quest objectives - the main mod contains the (main mod's) .esp + those i put into the merged mod. and because of this i cannot "Uncheck the source mods in the left pane of Mod Organizer as they are now included in the new mod folder." without getting an error, that the main .esp is missing. what do i do?

Edited by hackinghippie

1. you don't need a merged patch. Just follow the guide. Do FNIS, then Bashed patch, then texgen.exe and dyndolod.exe. I doesn't matter when you activate these since dyndolod and texgen are different mod folders in MO and fnis, bash patch and SUM are in overwrite where you'll make your SRLE Profile mod.

2. for even better quest objectives do the merge as per the guide and then move the BetterQuestObjectives.esp to the new Even Better Quest Objectives Merged folder. then you can disable the original mod folder in left pane.

PS you are referring to a merged mod as a merged patch. They are different things and may confuse someone when you ask about that.

Edited by paul666root
  • +1 1

1. you don't need a merged patch. Just follow the guide. Do FNIS, then Bashed patch, then texgen.exe and dyndolod.exe. I doesn't matter when you activate these since dyndolod and texgen are different mod folders in MO and fnis, bash patch and SUM are in overwrite where you'll make your SRLE Profile mod.

2. for even better quest objectives do the merge as per the guide and then move the BetterQuestObjectives.esp to the new Even Better Quest Objectives Merged folder. then you can disable the original mod folder in left pane.

PS you are referring to a merged mod as a merged patch. They are different things and may confuse someone when you ask about that.

thanks for the prompt reply! :)

1) i am following the guide, i'm referring to this step:

DynDOLOD

Files to merge:

Merge name:

• ----- DynDOLOD Merged

Filename:

• DynDOLOD - Addons.esp

Left Pane Placement:

(and after this, eventually, comes the dynDOLOD activation)

*fixed the patch - mod mistake :)

so.. regarding conflict resolution.

I decided not to use Falskaar (never even finished half the "vanilla" Skyrim, and want to do that first) and Bathing in Skyrim (personal preference)

Is it okay if i use Neovalen's conflict resolution .esp and just manually change (delete) the records in TES5edit which regard the above mentioned mods?