Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition News

Yeah, better to use the alpha, actually.

I think in the last update (or the one previous), a bug was found in xEdit that had been there since day 1. NPC attack data was not being forwarded correctly in all cases. Arthmoor found it when it turned out that vampire NPCs weren't using one of the vampire spells at all. Bug fixed in xEdit alpha, and vampire bug fixed in latest USLEEP.

Is it my imagination, or was Fores New Idles for Skyrim's Add-on for Spells once included in the guide? I have it installed, but in going through the guide again, I noticed it's no longer there (if it ever was), and wondered why it had been removed, and whether there was a compelling reason for me to uninstall it.

Is it my imagination, or was Fores New Idles for Skyrim's Add-on for Spells once included in the guide? I have it installed, but in going through the guide again, I noticed it's no longer there (if it ever was), and wondered why it had been removed, and whether there was a compelling reason for me to uninstall it.

It was never there... but if you like it then whatever. :)

Fantastic guide! Really, good job! 

A couple minor things:

-On the "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul" step, you can now install "Patch for RealisticRoomRental.esp" without actually having the "Realistic Room Rental" mod already installed. I think you can remove the notice.  ::D:

-On the Conflict Resolution step, if you download the already completed esp, it will still ask for "RealisticWaterTwo.esp", at least to me. I just deleted the references that depend on that esp and cleaned the mod in TES5Edit and it removed the master automatically. I don't know if that's ok but it worked for me.

Thanks again for you hard work!

Edited by HornySpaghetti

Okay, for the first time, I'm going to try to tackle the conflict resolution guide on my own, hoping to learn something in the process (as opposed to just letting smarter people than me figure it all out!) I just want to clarify something I find a tad confusing.

Where it says, "use the record from..." at first I thought that meant I was supposed to be keeping that record, but on closer inspection, I think it means that's the record I'll actually be editing (and therefore, I'll actually be "using" the record from the conflicting file)?

Let's begin with the first instruction ('cause I'm off to such a great start!): "Use record from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp then move the RNAM - Race from RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp."

I *think* that's telling me to drag the "DefaultRace "Default Race" [RACE:00000019] from the RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp column into the Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp column, thus replacing the "Default Race "Argonian" [RACE:00013740] record contained in C&CF

I'm probably the only one that's befuddled by this, but "use the record" (to me) implies we'll be keeping this record (otherwise it would say "change the record"), but at the same time, "move the RNAM from RSChildren" implies we'll be altering the record we're supposed to be using. :o(

*sigh* Only 4000 more to go after this one. *LOL*

It was never there... but if you like it then whatever. :)

Frankly, I have no idea whether I like it or not. I don't even know the difference between it and the default animations. Heck, I've never even played the game, beyond making it to Whiterun to turn in the Dragonstone. I can't believe I have 1008 hours logged, and aside from COC'ing here and there to look at the mods I've added (or, occasionally, created myself in the creation kit - moving things around to resolve location conflicts, mostly), I've never played the actual game. I just have this obsession with adding stuff that I'll probably never use to places I'll probably never visit to solve quests I'll probably never undertake, to reap rewards I'll probably never earn. Eventually, I add too much (or create a conflict I'm not smart enough to resolve) and the whole thing crashes, so I start completely over. My mod list is an even 700. The Merge Plugin Standalone thingie is both my best friend AND worst enemy.

But dang, the world looks fantastic.

(I'm pretty sure I need therapy).

Okay, for the first time, I'm going to try to tackle the conflict resolution guide on my own, hoping to learn something in the process (as opposed to just letting smarter people than me figure it all out!) I just want to clarify something I find a tad confusing.

Where it says, "use the record from..." at first I thought that meant I was supposed to be keeping that record, but on closer inspection, I think it means that's the record I'll actually be editing (and therefore, I'll actually be "using" the record from the conflicting file)?

Let's begin with the first instruction ('cause I'm off to such a great start!): "Use record from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp then move the RNAM - Race from RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp."

I *think* that's telling me to drag the "DefaultRace "Default Race" [RACE:00000019] from the RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp column into the Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp column, thus replacing the "Default Race "Argonian" [RACE:00013740] record contained in C&CF

I'm probably the only one that's befuddled by this, but "use the record" (to me) implies we'll be keeping this record (otherwise it would say "change the record"), but at the same time, "move the RNAM from RSChildren" implies we'll be altering the record we're supposed to be using. :o(

*sigh* Only 4000 more to go after this one. *LOL*

No, "use the record from" means right-click the plugin name at the top of the right pane of xEdit and "copy as override". For the first one you do, you will want to create a new file (plugin). Name it whatever you want.

Then you will notice that in the right pane showing the conflict it will show your new plugin at the end of the list with the data from the other plugin. Then you can drag the changes you want to make over from the other plugins that reference that record.

It's usually a bad idea to change records in the actual mod plugins themselves. Not because it won't work (as long as you change the winning plugin), but because you can forget what was changed, and it is difficult to recover from a mistake without re-downloading the plugins. And if you can't remember which plugins were changed to begin with, then you are really screwed up.

How I learned was from watching the few videos available online (Thallassa has a decent one that I have posted a link to before), reading the xEdit documentation on the Creation Kit site, but mostly doing what you are doing...following along with Neo's guide.

If you are ever unsure of a change, you can double check by comparing your patch with Neo's premade one. Just copy some dummy plugins and name them with any missing masters (if you have any) to trick xEdit into loading Neo's patch.

Good luck!

Edit: Also, just to be clear, you don't want to make a new file for every change. That would be craziness. One new plugin for your CR is fine (or two, one for Neo's CR, one for CR with your personal mods not in Neo's list).

Also, make sure to sort masters on the patch(es) when you are done, and add DELEV and RELEV bash tags.