Which version of Python is supported by MO?

raptorjesus169

Question

I started up MO to download a new mod and noticed I already had errors that needed to be addressed. One of them was just a PMOP, but the other was saying that Python couldn't be found or was not installed. I have never had this issue in the past. I've done some research and had decided to just download Python. Problem is, in my research people were saying that we should use 2.7.5, but that was over 2 years ago. I'm just wondering if I need to stick with 2.7.5 or is there another version I should go with?

8 answers to this question

Perhaps if you focus on the actual issues that you have encountered and shows us those details.

To run MO you don't need ANY version of Python installed. Every installation comes with it's own stripped version of Python code, [python27.dll, python27.zip], necessary for running the few Python plugins installed with it.

Run MO as admin and see if that works.

always running as admin. thanks though

Perhaps if you focus on the actual issues that you have encountered and shows us those details.

To run MO you don't need ANY version of Python installed. Every installation comes with it's own stripped version of Python code, [python27.dll, python27.zip], necessary for running the few Python plugins installed with it.

I wouldn't say I'm running into issues. I haven't even tried to run Skyrim yet. I just see those error messages and want those cleared up before I proceed. Kind of an OCD thing I guess.

Edited by raptorjesus169