Can I ignore these errors during the merging?

bt4

Question

10 answers to this question

The issue is the NAVM which is compiled in the CK.

What are the side effects of not worrying about it? I dont know, maybe delete the info map from another mod and observe.

One would assume that the author of said patches intended the navmesh in the patch to overwrite the one in the main file. I also imagine that is how the final merge ends up without further action (it did in TES5Edit version of the merge script anyway - non standalone).

Well, from what I have seen it is not exactly this way Neo. The NAVI record of each esp (patch or mod) corresponds to the navmesh mapping of the individual esp and this alone.

So, effectively, when merging various plugins containing navmesh records (which means there will always be a NAVI record), either the patched themselves or the patches with the main mod, the last plugin's NAVI mapping will take effect in the entire merge. This is not right as there are other navmesh records in that merged esp that are not mapped into the NAVI record.

Therefore the only solution to this problem (and to also have your peace of mind) is to delete the NAVI record from the merged esp and then open it up in CK and save it. CK will (re)generate this NAVI record taking into account all the added navmesh records and map them properly into the newly created NAVI record. Although it is not a difficult process, things might get a bit tedious if the merged patch has masters that are not ESMs.

Then these plugins need to be esmified in WB, re-dated in LOOT and then Ck will open them up in the right order in order to have the NAVI record generated correctly.

I have run into in-game problems in the past when I was not following this procedure. Ever since this is a MUST from me. 

Kudos for this process, reasons behind it etc goes to missjennabee (author of ETaC) who had explained it me very back in time.

Hope this helps a bit!  ::):

• +1 3

They all have the NAVI record. The resulting merged plugin would instead of having those records merged contain only the NAVI record of the last selected plugin to merge. That means any combination of merge would need to have its NAVI record deleted in TES5Edit and then have it be rebuilt by opening and saving the plugin in the CK, like Astakos mentioned. If the merged plugin retains the masters from the individual patch files (the RRR, CRF and PCS plugins), those masters will need to be esmified (in Wrye Bash) to make sure the CK can load them as masters. After rebuilding the NAVI record and closing the CK you'd need to espify them again.

This is all assuming it works similar to the process of merging ETaC patches that contain the NAVI record.