SRLE Extended

Wallah!  your done.

"you're"  ::D:

on topic: that's exactly how I told it but way better explained. Anyway sometimes you need to check a merge too because they are required for some esps in the merge to create... as is in this example with caco patches.

But he was asking about activating or not the esps in MO and I said that i don't have a different MO profile for merges that i just use the main one(that i use for the gameplay).

How i organized my MO left panel:

I moved and put all the mods that require to be merged in the order of the merge.

for example: 

A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget (unchecked)

Immersive HUD - iHUD (unchecked)

Extended UI (unchecked)

Lock Overhaul (unchecked)

Go On Ahead (unchecked)

Heads Up Display Merged (checked)

when one of the mods updates i delete Heads Up Display Merged and i activate one by one the mods starting from the top one. This way the esps are placed automaticaly at the bottom of the Load Order and they are already put in the order of the merge because i already arranged the mods in left pane this way.

I just start then Merge Plugins with my entire Load Order activated and then i do as Kneph said above

edit: you can create if you want a category in MO and name it as the merge name

this way you can use the filter system to display in left pane just the mods that are included in that merge so you wont have to scroll through 400 mods

Edited by paul666root

this way you can use the filter system to display in left pane just the mods that are included in that merge so you wont have to scroll through 400 mods

This is also what i have done. Expect I have also used a separate profile in MO with everything deactivated expect:

Skyrim.esm

Updated.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

Then I active then mod masters I require for the merge (if needed) then run loot. Then I active the mods i am going to merge and sort by hand the Load Order. This maybe the long way of doing this but it works for me (as I am sure you all know by now what I am like in forgetting things).

"you're"  ::D:

on topic: that's exactly how I told it but way better explained. Anyway sometimes you need to check a merge too because they are required for some esps in the merge to create... as is in this example with caco patches.

But he was asking about activating or not the esps in MO and I said that i don't have a different MO profile for merges that i just use the main one(that i use for the gameplay).

How i organized my MO left panel:

I moved and put all the mods that require to be merged in the order of the merge.

for example: 

A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget (unchecked)

Immersive HUD - iHUD (unchecked)

Extended UI (unchecked)

Lock Overhaul (unchecked)

Go On Ahead (unchecked)

Heads Up Display Merged (checked)

when one of the mods updates i delete Heads Up Display Merged and i activate one by one the mods starting from the top one. This way the esps are placed automaticaly at the bottom of the Load Order and they are already put in the order of the merge because i already arranged the mods in left pane this way.

I just start then Merge Plugins with my entire Load Order activated and then i do as Kneph said above

Exactly how I manage this too.  Given that I now have 48 merges it is definitely the best way to keep track and be able to update as required.  What I have done rather than create categories for each merge is just to create one new category in MO labeled 'Merged' which I allocate to all the mods included in a merge so casting a quick glance down my now enormous left pane I can see blocks of Merged mods and I know the one at the bottom of each Merged section will be the merged file (which will have one of the relevant categories applied ie Landscape and Environment).

I also agree deleting the current merge is the best way before rebuilding it as despite Merge Plugins supposedly deleting everything when it rebuilds I regularly have 'legacy' files and .bak files in the new merge.

hey dunc001,

I've been curious how your kitchen sink build is coming along.

ie: FPS, stability, CTDs, string count, etc.

are you planning to release a mod list/merge list

I'm about halfway through the additional CR on my second iteration of the build.  After about 15 hours of testing the first build and making several adjustments along the way to get the FPS up to something half respectable it was proving pretty solid.  Only a couple of issues with oddly placed items and idle markers.  No ILS, very few CTDs mainly when I was testing texture packs and ENBs.  However I decided to remove quite a few of the REGS mods (JK, ETaC, Nernies, ORS quests, and so on), add back in 3DNPC, downgrade some texture packs to 2k1k, add back in full ICAIO rather than Lite which I was running with ETaC.  I had already added in Combat Fatigue and Diverse Dragons, and I have now added in Dawn of Skyrim, Better Docks (modular without Solitude), Better City Entrances (modular without Solitude) and given Solitude a major overhaul with a combination of Solitude Reborn, Solitude Expansion, Bathouse, Books of Skyrim, Blue Palace Nights, oh and Legacy of the Dragonborn :)  I am REALLY excited to see what Solitude looks like and I'll be making sure Skyrim Unbound dumps me there as soon as I load up for the first time!  The first build was perfectly playable (accepting the oddities of a massive load order) and I have all the MCM menus appearing and fully functioning correctly (some of the renamed merges and merge orders were causing problems).  I learnt a lot from fixing it up and from my previous CR, so this time round I am pretty confident that the load order, mod choices and CR is going to make it even better.

I'll update my modwat:ch tonight, and I'm going to create a Google Docs sheet detailing all of the merges but for now if anyone is interested here's a folder of screenshots showing what is in each of the 48 merges.

In terms of FPS anywhere other than Riverwood it was running at mid 40s which I am pretty happy with, creeping up into the 50s occasionally in interiors.  Riverwood was low 30s with frequent dropouts before I switched back to EVT small trees and no ETaC.

String count really interestingly was 60553 after first load and 30 minutes of gameplay, and dropped slightly after that.  I'm obviously using Crash Fixes with the preloader just in case, and I'm considering using Restringer on some of the bigger mods which are known to benefit - Rigmor/Beyond Reach/Darkend/LotD etc which are all in the build.  

Just for LOLs I threw in The Haven and managed a respectable 2-3FPS :P  So it has now gone, along with Tumbajamba's Mounts which wouldn't stop following me around!  The rabbit, chicken and bear however are still hanging on in there although I'm considering removing the ESSENTIAL flags from them so I can experience them each once and then they can fall in battle.  And I couldn't resist adding in More Harry Potter Spells!  Some other cool stuff - Sneak Tools arrows, the Black Arrows from Nock2Tip and Blackjack (love being able to knock people out now with this and/or Sneak Tools).

Edited by dunc001

@ dunc001: i saw u use Real Shelter. I don;t think it's compatible with Vivid Weathers

Has Darth considered adding Legacy of the Dragonborn ?

this would be better for Neo to implement it in SRLE base. Because for Extended would mean to change too much for the SRLE base and it's CR... and since it's an expansion on SRLE this would deviate too much from the original ideea