Arrows hitting invisible wall when killmove/kill cam is activated.

EisDrache

Question

Hello all its been a while but I'm getting back in to skyrim and was wondering if anybody else has this problem and or is it from the mod i'm using?

I use The Dance of Death mod cuz I like all the kill moves it adds. I use the box most of the time in the game and every so often I get what would be a perfect kill shot but when I fire off the arrow the kill cam activates and my arrow hits an invisible wall. This only happens to me when a kill cam activates and never any other time. But also it doesn't do it every time but more often then not it does happen and most times its when i'm aiming up or down. 

Anybody else have this problem and if so is their any way to fix it?

9 answers to this question

As an archer I can only say the collision detection for arrows is dreadful. My arrows usually hit the collision of a wall at side of me when I have popped out quite a bit. The remedy was to use a crossbow as it seems much better. I have also had similar bugs in other games. I assume close-quarter gameplay is tested much more than projectile most of the time.

As an archer I can only say the collision detection for arrows is dreadful. My arrows usually hit the collision of a wall at side of me when I have popped out quite a bit. The remedy was to use a crossbow as it seems much better. I have also had similar bugs in other games. I assume close-quarter gameplay is tested much more than projectile most of the time.

Yeah, the collision detector is awful for archers and I think in general archery is full of bugs. I've had shots blocked by walls and rocks that are below waist level that should have never interfered. I've had shots bounce off leather armor without doing any damage. I've had arrows fall at my feet after a full draw. I don't really get into the close-range melee or the magic, so I'll stick with the bow.

But I think its weird it only happens when the % of the time that killcam activates. The next shot I make I haven't moved a MM in any way and the arrow will fire and make it to the target with no problem. But like i said it only happens when the killcam activates.

Thats why I was wondering if it could be the killcam mod or maybe for some reason when the killcam activates it show the arrow firing from a slightly different spot?