Need Help installing DynDOLOD

domjam

Question

hello i really need help.iv tryud to follow thies instructions and its not working for me as shown on the video tutoiral. .iv done everything up to the point of loading tesvedit and im a bit confused.. firstly am i suppost to tick all my mods in the list beffor clicking ok?or just the master files . ie update skyrim dawngard dragton born. and secondly.. when i tryd ticking all mods and then after loading. in the instructions for this mod it ses i have to right click DynDOLOD and apply script then change from default to DynDOLOD world and then a box pops up with with further instrucitons..but im not getting this box poping up insted it closes and im in tesvedit with this message.  i dont understand. please help. 

DynDOLOD Worlds 1.44 using TES5LODGen by Ehamloptiran, Sheson and Zilav, starting...

[00:00:00.008] ********************************************************************
[00:00:00.014] D:\My Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\ Not allowed!
[00:00:00.017]  Set the output path to a dedicated directory.
[00:00:00.021]  It should be outside of the game and MO virtual file structure.
[00:00:00.024] ********************************************************************
[00:00:00.027] Current output path is not allowed, resetting it to D:\My Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\TES5Edit\Edit Scripts\Output\
[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:05

10 answers to this question

Are you using Mod Organizer and following the STEP Guide? If so, you should follow these instructions to configure Mod Organizer to run TES5Edit. This directs the output of DynDOLOD to the C:\TES5LODGenOutput folder. DynDOLOD explicitly does not allow created the LOD files in the Skyrim\Data folder.

1. Click the gears icon Gear_MO.png. This opens the Modify Executables window.
  2. In the Title field, type TES5Edit.
  3. For the Binary field, browse to your Skyrim directory and select the TES5Edit.exe application.
  4. For the "Argument" field, type -o:"C:\TES5LODGenOutput". Any output folder outside of MO's virtual directory is fine if that is desired. This is required for part of DynDOLOD.
  5. Click the Add button. This will add TES5Edit to the executables list.
  6. Click OK.

i allready have tesedit acceseble via mo. but i did not do that argument field thing.. in my case  i have typed in this with the "s .  is this correct 

-o:"D:\My Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\DynDOLOD-Output"

Edited by domjam

Are you using Mod Organizer and following the STEP Guide? If so, you should follow these instructions to configure Mod Organizer to run TES5Edit. This directs the output of DynDOLOD to the C:\TES5LODGenOutput folder. DynDOLOD explicitly does not allow created the LOD files in the Skyrim\Data folder.

1. Click the gears icon Gear_MO.png. This opens the Modify Executables window.
  2. In the Title field, type TES5Edit.
  3. For the Binary field, browse to your Skyrim directory and select the TES5Edit.exe application.
  4. For the "Argument" field, type -o:"C:\TES5LODGenOutput". Any output folder outside of MO's virtual directory is fine if that is desired. This is required for part of DynDOLOD.
  5. Click the Add button. This will add TES5Edit to the executables list.
  6. Click OK.

welll i tryd it with  -o:"D:\My Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\DynDOLOD-Output" tryd loading tesv  . i get a message saying  elevation requierd i click yes.. i i tick all the mods. i hold shift and press ok. i scroll down to the bottem i right click Dyndolod i apply script . i make sure its set to dyndolod world. i click ok and i get again same thing i get the box  

DynDOLOD help 

RTFM

Carefully read any messages Do not save changes to DynDOLOD.esp unless the process weas succesful. in case somthing unexpected happens, check the last few lines of the log. in many cases the FAQ will provide help.

I dont no what im doing wrong im following it exactly and this keeps happning.its anoing. i dont get the box that supost to come up to continue with the set up. all i can do is click on the X and im back in tesedit again and in the right side box it ses this

DynDOLOD Worlds 1.44 using TES5LODGen by Ehamloptiran, Sheson and Zilav, starting...

[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:03
Applying script...

[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 03:40

but its not done cuz it dident do any processing like shown in the video.and i never got the box to navigate to the output folder..and nothing is in the folder anyways..im so confused. :S
Edited by domjam

You have Mod Organizer installed in the Program Files folder, and this presents all kinds of problems. Secondly, STEP recommends installing Mod Organizer and other tools (TES5Edit, Wrye Bash, etc.) somewhere other than the Skyrim folder.

You should move Mod Organizer to some other folder, such as C:\Tools or C:\Utilities or pick a folder name you prefer. It's a portable application, so you can drag and drop the Mod Organizer folder into a folder outside Program Files.

You have Mod Organizer installed in the Program Files folder, and this presents all kinds of problems. Secondly, STEP recommends installing Mod Organizer and other tools (TES5Edit, Wrye Bash, etc.) somewhere other than the Skyrim folder.

You should move Mod Organizer to some other folder, such as C:\Tools or C:\Utilities or pick a folder name you prefer. It's a portable application, so you can drag and drop the Mod Organizer folder into a folder outside Program Files.

i dont have it installed in programs folder its  not in my c drive at all. the location of it along with my skyrim is D:\My Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer

its orignal location along with all the tools..ie wry bash.tes5edit loot.  were in D:\skyrim tools   and i was still getting this issue...im lost as to what to do ..i realy want to use DynDOLOD but iv been at this for well over 3 hours now with no luck :(

Edited by domjam

You do have the 'output' path pointing to a folder inside MO's file-structure, try setting it to somewhere completely removed from MO.

tryd that  this time under argument for tes5edit ii have -o: C:\TES5LODGenOutput     made the folder in the location..same thing happens

i really am confused about this...i checked my skyrim folder and it was set to read only not sure what this meens but ..i unticked the box it took ages to finaly finish.thinking it might of fixed my issue but nooooo. . still same thing is happening.. plus im still getting that elivated message when trying to run tes5edit through MO. but not when i try to just run Tes5edit without MO...what is going on. so confused : S

ffs i even tryd using nmm and copying  just the mods needed for this stupid mod to work and the same bloody thing happens..why wont this thing work dam it :(  iv tryd making an output folder in the c: iv tryd having tes5edit  just in the c: and i stil lget this stupid message in tes5edit

[00:00:00.009] ********************************************************************
[00:00:00.013] D:\My Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\ Not allowed!
[00:00:00.016]  Set the output path to a dedicated directory.
[00:00:00.019]  It should be outside of the game and MO virtual file structure.
[00:00:00.022] ********************************************************************
[00:00:00.026] Current output path is not allowed, resetting it to C:\TES5Edit\Edit Scripts\Output\
[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:03