fresh install with 4K and Titan X noob help

Snowelf12

Question

hey guys ive loved this game since morrowind on the xbox  ::|: , ive put hundreds of hours into mirrowind and oblivion

not had much look with mods this is my 3ed install of skyrim with mods

installed the mods last year not played for a bit tired ENBoost and SSME that stoped it CDTing but now just get random freezes
i may of messed up installing mods as was my first time so trying freesh install and trying to follow S.T.E.P.S
ive not finished the game had to restart 1st 10 hours in as i messed up my mods on that
now this one is 50 hours in
i kinda no what im doing alot more now so hopefullyi can get a stable game i can play and finish
looks like all that loot ive been keeping is gone my house all my stuff  ::(: 

home you guys can help me with this

seems im in the right place 

4770k 4.2ghz 16gb ram TITAN X 

4k 32inch IPS monitor

i just want the best looking game with loads of nice touches and extras but stable 

what to finish the mail quest, the only thing ive done is companions and half way through civil war loads of side missions 

thats my old mods 

had alot of texture mods installed right into my mail folder  

i was getting 4-5gb of Vram usage with fxaa on 5 with RCRN

post-6699-0-68718000-1428639671_thumb.png

14 answers to this question

It looks like your post may have been left behind in all the work that is currently going on with the new STEP release, apologies for that.

Yes, if you follow the STEP guides as they are defined you will get the best options available for you game, both with regards to visuals and gameplay.

On a sidenote, if that screenshot is showing the latest version of MO that you have installed, may I suggest you upgrade to the latest stable version, 1.2.18 and use that.

You seem to be using an old version of the STEP guide? The newest to date is 2.2.9, soon to be followed up by 2.2.9.1 I believe. I'm wondering this because you are using W.A.T.E.R. instead of Realistic Water Two, which has been used by STEP the past two versions of the guide. 

sorry that was my old mod list i made my self that messed up my game 

how long untill STEP 2.2.9.1 is?

i was getting CDT untill i installed ENBoost then it run for 30 min fine then i was getting freezes thats why i reinstalled

im takeing mt time this time going to follow this guild best i can 

hopefully get a stable game