Mod Organizer problems

pjjames89

Question

Well, I will come out and say I am totally new to the Skyrim modding process so forgive my ignorance.

But I am following the steps on how to install the basic functions of STEP

1) Specifically, trying to use TS5edit, when it try to download, install and run it tells me something of the affect of "this may not work properly" and lets me ignore or cancel.

2) The Skyrim.esm and the Update.esm are greyed out in the right panel, they are bold and italicized. I tried going in the settings and checking off the options to bypass. The .esm files are in my skyrim folder also... is that normal? 

Me being new I am following the instructions by the book and from what I research I ASSUME these files are suppose to have check boxes beside them...but then again, I am new to Skyrim modding tools so clarification on this would be great. 

2 answers to this question

Well, I will come out and say I am totally new to the Skyrim modding process so forgive my ignorance.

But I am following the steps on how to install the basic functions of STEP

1) Specifically, trying to use TS5edit, when it try to download, install and run it tells me something of the affect of "this may not work properly" and lets me ignore or cancel.

TES5Edit is not used to download files. It is used make modifications to ESP/ESMs? You never state which version of MO, the current version is 1.2.18? If you have later that is beta. If I had to guess you are trying to install a mod that doesn't have the Data directory on top in the folder. In that case right click the directory and choose, "use as data directory", you may have to do this multiple times depending on the mods data structure. When everything looks good, MO will state on the bottom left in green "looks good". MO should install the mod just fine. For anytime you did not do this reinstall the mod in question.

2) The Skyrim.esm and the Update.esm are greyed out in the right panel, they are bold and italicized. I tried going in the settings and checking off the options to bypass. The .esm files are in my skyrim folder also... is that normal? 

Normal.

Me being new I am following the instructions by the book and from what I research I ASSUME these files are suppose to have check boxes beside them...but then again, I am new to Skyrim modding tools so clarification on this would be great. 

Can you explain this comment some more? Are you referring to a Windows error message advising on the correct use of this file? Perhaps it is saying something about missing components? Maybe inadequate access rights?

We appreciate these concepts may be new to you but if you can provide exact wording and specific details then you will find greater chances of answers.