Edit: Self-Caused CTDs - SOLVED

ZumboPrime

Question

Edit 3: I reverted to a much older save - 10 or so hours prior - where my last stable mod profile was. The game seems to be working again, so it must have been one of the mods. I'm just not sure why it only broke AFTER I messed around the ENB/Hialgo files. 

For future reference: do not mix Hialgo Boost with ENBoost wrapper version. It will end poorly.

Edit 2: Missing .esps ruled out, I was misunderstanding the MO display. Checking if it's a memory issue right now.

First off, I've been unable to find anything either here on the forums, on the wiki, or via Google similar to my problem. At this current point in time, every single save file in every MO profile is missing one or more unspecified .esp. MO does display which .esp(s) is missing, only that it is missing. The "fix mods" displays a blank list. I get CTD  after going outside after a few minutes. This still occurs even loading saves before I installed (and subsequently removed) ENB.

EDIT 1: Thanks to the help of Hishutup and Enmei, I got ENBoost working via injector version, but it causes graphics problems.

Most likely cause: before this problem emerged, I was trying to install RealVisionENB. I had installed ENBoost using the wrapper version. When I got it working, I noticed it caused Hialgo Boost(HB from hereon) to stop working. At this point, I tried following the steps on the HB site to make it compatible. This involved reverting to older ENB files and editing .ini files in my MO testing profile. Long story short, it didn't work and I removed all the .ini changes. I gave up, turned off RVENB, and ended up having to completely remove all ENB files to get HB to work again. Initially I couldn't even get the game to launch, via MO and TES5.exe. Re-installing Hialgo got it to launch.

Attempted fixes

• Reinstalling Hialgo & ENB
  • Verifying game data with Steam
  • Disabling & re-enabling all plugins
  • Copying older MO profile, "fix mods" to turn on anything missing; problem remained
  • Loading saves from before ENB mess

Systems Specs:

• CPU: Intel i7-3820 @3.60 GHz 4-cores
  • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB - single GPU
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Storage: 2TB HDD (half full)

Skyrim Specs:

• 1920x1080 (16:9)
  • All DLC

Other notes:

• Skyrim memory patch is installed
  • Skyrim project optimization is installed
  • Hialgo pop-up still showing up, even though I set it to "false" in the .ini. This problem only occurred after I made a mess of things.
  • Before this issues it had been several days since any random CTD
  • Most recent Papyrus log is attached

I've been getting quite frustrated with this. After spending several hours finally getting the game to at least launch again, now I'm finding I can't play it. If any more information or background is needed, please let me know. I appreciate any help trying to clean up my mess.

Edited by ZumboPrime

11 answers to this question

Hello ZumboPrime, thanks for dropping in and joining the forum.

Firstly, nice and clear description of what you imagine the problem to be. A lot of information provided which is always good.

Now, as to the HiAlgo issue. I'm assuming you have configured it correctly based on the instructions they provide?

All I can imagine is you may be trying to use a later ENB binary to run RealVision than what is acceptable with HiAlgo. As that setup has no real bearing on mods or plugins being missing, I'll leave that alone. I suspect that is actually functioning correctly and you are just looking for possibilities.

I think what is actually happening is a rookie mistake that seems to get a lot of MO users.

You mention that no matter how you arrange the plugins there is always the warning and an option to "Fix them". Have you read the wiki to see what that warning is actually doing?

That warning is to do with your installed 'mods', not the plugins that are loaded. Mods are controlled by the left-hand pane and the plugins are handled in the right-hand pane. When you 'fix' the mods there is no action taken on the right-hand pane and thus any missing plugins are still 'missing'

Perhaps if you listed those missing plugins (*.eps) and also gave us the list of installed mods. It could just be that you have omitted an optional plugin or forgotten to install one.

Am I on the correct track here? Since the only "Fix" dialog I can think of is that one, my suggestion is based on this assumption.

I was following the Hialgo instructions to the letter. I was trying to install using the wrapper version, which uses the same .dll file as ENBs do. I was able to get the injector version working with Hialgo a few minutes ago, but it makes the textures disappear, flicker, or turn grey. Will have to leave it off until a new compatible version of Hialgo is out.

I pretty much ignore the "fix them" warning. I only use the LOOT "sort" button, and use it whenever I turn something on.

The thing is, it doesn't display which .esp is missing, which is my main problem. It just says "missing esp" and that's it. When I fix an old save, it will enable any mods that are missing, but will still display the "missing esp" warning.

If you're looking at the Save tab and see the text 'Missing ESPs', it's not because you are missing esps, That is just the Heading.

If you actually are missing any plugins they will be listed, as in this image:

EfMooPw.png

I can see how the confusion was brought about and have added an extra sentence to the wiki to highlight this point.

Sorry you had that confusing problem.

Edited by GrantSP

Originally, I was using only Hialgo. I Installed ENBoost, but that turned Hialgo off because they both use the same .dll file. I tried the compatibility steps but they didn't work. I tried to turn off ENBoost and get Hialgo back on because ENBoost wasn't as effective on my system.

I was able to get Hialgo working with ENBoost with old files today, but it causes graphical issues e.g. textures disappearing, flickering, etc. I have turned off ENBoost and will leave it that way until a new compatible Hialgo is available.

What I still don't understand is why the game only started breaking after I was messing with ENBs. It was completely stable prior.

Edited by ZumboPrime