STEP Extended causes no main menu load on startup

swiftfoxmark2

Question

So I've got the STEP Extended ESP in my load order and when I have it activated, the main menu doesn't appear when I load Skyrim.  I just get the non-spinning emblem and no music.

I haven't been able to isolate the conflicting mod just yet, but I wanted to know if this was an issue that anyone else had and with what mod?

I can't say what causes it but I can say that a number of people have been experiencing this lately...

I can say I've been asked a few times from various people as well, but no-one who is running a pure SR:LE build. Has one or more of the STEP mods been updated recently that is not in SR:LE? Might be a good starting place to look. All I can confirm is SR:LE is working as intended far as I am able to tell on my own machine.

I am wondering if its the latest version of Cutting Room Floor.  I'll do some tests tomorrow and see if it works with just its masters in place.  If not, then I think it is Cutting Room Floor since that is the only master mod that was updated since the last time STEP Extendeed was updated.

It appears that the conflict is definitely one of STEP Extended's masters.  I can't verify which one it is since removing any of them from the load order would cause a CTD.

Remove the STEP Core/Extended patch and that should allow you to remove mods. The CTD is likely due to the patch missing a master.

I also got this problem alltough i don't have the STEP Extended. The game is still running, it's not freezing. The smokeanimations are still there but no menu and i've tried to wait for 30 minutes.
Even the intro works fine, but after that it stops in this state.

https://i.imgur.com/xZ01PZY.jpg

Edited by LifeDisturbens

STEP Extended Patch is fine. No problems with it here.

Yet I have an issue with it where the main menu won't show up.  And I've deactivated all other mods save the masters to STEP Extended and it still didn't load the main menu.

I've tried older versions of the STEP Extended mod and same result.  So something is breaking it.