Totally solved (thanks to the heroes of STEP) - STEP Extended (full) : horizontal lines in the distance (far away)

PingouinMalin

Question

Hi,

I have completed the STEP Extended and I have, as far as I know respected every advice and order given and my game is running quite smoothly (it uses the full 2gb on my GTX 760 graphic card but I guess it is normal), apart from on slight problem. I have not added anything yet to it (no Enb for instance).

As shown here :

Posted Image

or here :

It does not appear to be visible on rocks or trees or water. Only ground (or grass maybe ?).

Posted Image

I think this is unrelated but I see kind of lines too on people with dark skin :

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Fair Skinned people do not have this problem (or it is not visible).

Anyone has any idea what the problem might be ?
Edited by PingouinMalin

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Some of the others said set AA and AF to 0. I would say turn AF to 16 because there really isn't a performance loss -that I have personally seen- but visual gain. Maybe play around with enb by actually turning it on... Just to test and see but you'll need to enable a few ini settings... I dont remember them though, maybe someone else would provide them.

Edited by hishutup

I turned them to X4 and 0 in the ini but the AF is in fact decided through Nvidia inspector (as advised in the guide : i'm trying to optimize my game by following the rules made by people who clearly know more than I do).

But I intend to try an enb to see if it at least improve. I'm still surprised to see it in vanilla however...

That being said : good night !

Edited by PingouinMalin

That's the problem : I launched Skyrim from STEAM, with no mod whatsoever, not even optimized textures (since, folowing the guide, the optimized ones are stored in MO). And the ini has not been modified either. Basic vanilla Skyrim has a problem it did not have in 2013 last time I played.

It shows on all settings (I was using Ultra). I have on file that refuses to reacquire : is it normal (I don't think so but I'm not sure) ? That would probably be the source.

I have also ruled out Enboost (lines are still there if not activated).

And set iPresentInterval back to 0 (it was =1) but it changed nothing.

Try resetting you INIs to default be doing this:

• Delete your INIs in the My Games>Skyrim folder
  • Launch Skyrim via Steam and set up your INI's to however you want them again
  • Once done, close the launcher and open up both INIs from the My Games>Skyrim folder
  • Copy and paste the contents of the INIs into MO INI Editor and save each one

At this point, you're going to be loading default INIs from MO. Load up the game and see if the lines are still there. If they aren't, excellent! Add in the STEP INI tweaks and you're done.

Hmm...

Um maybe run the Setup.exe thats in the directX folder. I forgot the name of the folder as well as the name for the exe.

Re run the vxredist. I forgot the name of that too... I am not at my pc

Maybe something in the nVidia profile is incorrect. Try it with out the customized profile

If that doesn't work then try reinstalling the graphic card drivers but I don't how that goes for nvidia...

After this I am almost out of ideas.... The last one is a windows issue.... So maybe a reinstall of windows would fix it but I highly doubt it

Edited by hishutup