Tried everything but: SKSE + Mod Organizer = CTD

stamstamstam

Question

Hello,

Before starting this topic, I've been looking for a solution for a long while.

I followed different "tutorials" in order to make SKSE work along with Mod Organizer, but every time I use SKSE through Mod Organizer, the game CTD on launch.

I have the latest versions of both programs, no mods activated, the game works fine when using skyrim launcher/skrim exe through Mod Organizer.

Of course I copied .exe and .dll in the main skyrim folder, and archived the scripts in a new .rar that was added to mod organizer.

But what the hell? Nothing works.

When using SKSE WITHOUT Mod organizer, I mean copying the files the regular way, it works.

It's clearly the combination of both programs that doesn't work.

And I can't use my mods if I don't use Mod Organizer to start the game.

Please help me, it's getting very frustrating.

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Profiles have their own Skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini that can be accessed via the INI Editor in the Puzzle menu.

Or it could be you have a bad value in skse.ini. Or skse.ini could be skse.ini.txt and you not realize it.

skse.ini is named correctly.

Can you give me further explanation about your first comment, and a possible way to fix that?

Well, if the ones in Documents/My Games/Skyrim don't crash, and the ones in your profiles do, I'd copy and replace them.

What he sais. I reckon that your crash issues do not have to do with SKSE at all, but with some (accidently) bad profile INI editing.

For having a 'pristine' INI, you may delete the .ini files in your My GamesSkyrim folder (backup first, except you didn't change them) and launch Skyrim from SteamLibrary. Let the launcher set your resolution etc. That'll produce new .ini files in above folder. Now copy the whole Skyrim.ini, and in your Mo profile open the INI Editor (not the configurator) and highlight the whole Skyrim.ini there, then hit paste. Repeat for SkyrimPrefs.ini

Mind, you'll have to do that for every profile except Default (which you hopefully never touched).

Now you can repeat the Step 2.2.9 INI Tweaks section and adjust the INI files in Mo. The INI Configurator reduces the risk of accidentally edit a wrong line.

Test if that helped.

If the crashes are random, are you certain you got the Memory Patch correctly configured? Generally speaking, the vanilla game is not CTD-prone when using ENBoost + Skyrim Memory Patch + Unofficial Patches.

You mean adding this

[NotPlacebo]

GiveFirstBornToSheson=1

to skse.ini?

I don't have any more CTD on launch issues now, but I have instead issues with my character getting stuck randomly and making it impossible to play.

It's probably related to a mod I have installed from a custom list, it's hard to track because it's completely unpredictable.

Thanks for your help anyway, you were very helpful.

I barely had time to actually play the game, but I had to restart from scratch 3 times (fresh install, fresh new character).

Just got out of Helgen tho, I don't if my character will get stuck out there too.

Basically, the character is running by himslef, but I can't rotate or perform any action, he's just running endlessly on the same spot (cardio?).

It happened mainly during the dragon attack sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxH8Qns6CT4

Reloading seems to solve the problem because it doesnt happen at the same spot twice.