Can I create my own categories in MO?

CovertSlinky

Question

Hello, was wondering if it was possible to do that at all. Was just thinking about making categories just like the STEP mod table categories. Except some of the category names would need to be added. Could this be done? I have been looking back over the MO guide page and the advanced, but not seeing anything close. I am assuming no, atleast by any convenient means.

5 answers to this question

I'm not at home so am unable to check if you can create custom categories. I want to say 'No' but I'm not sure.

However, if all you're wanting to do is organize sections of mods better, one way to do it is to create 'dummy' mods in MO.

Just go the .../Mod Organizer/mods folder and create empty folders naming them whatever you want (i.e. '-----Clothing & Equipment-----' or '-----Gameplay-----')

These dummy mods can be left unchecked in the left pane of MO and will help to create a sectionalized view of the mods.

Edited by Vaportrails

I'm not at home so am unable to check if you can create custom categories. I want to say 'No' but I'm not sure.

However, if all you're wanting to do is organize sections of mods better, one way to do it is to create 'dummy' mods in MO.

Just go the .../Mod Organizer/mods folder and create empty folders naming them whatever you want (i.e. '-----Clothing & Equipment-----' or '-----Gameplay-----')

These dummy mods can be left unchecked in the left pane of MO and will help to create a sectionalized view of the mods.

That was a good idea, and I was just about to start doing that till I saw EssArrBee's post. He is correct about that method. I could not see this listed anywhere in the guide, might have over looked it. But I would think this is worth noting in the guide. So thanks for the help you two, appreciate it.

Regards,

Slink