Another Naked NPC - Hunter and Fugitive encounter

DanielCoffey

Question

I must be doing something wrong with my Bash tags but I have come across another NPC who was not only naked but unarmed as well and I need help tracking down the specific NPC in TES5EDIT.

It was the Fugitive and Hunter encounter where the fugitive rushes up and gives you an item and flees. The fugitive was properly equipped with iron armour and a two-hander. The hunter was totally naked - nothing at all. He was also unarmed so rushed to a nearby chopping block and picked up the woodcutting axe before charging the terrified fugitive.

Once the Fugitive was dead, I went to pickpocket the Hunter to inspect his inventory (honest) and all he had was one septim.

I looked in TES5EDIT and found three Non-Player Character (Actor) records for "Hunter". One could be excluded because it was just for a female but that still leaves 000621BC WE25Hunter and 00073FBE EncHunter00Template.

Is there a way I can find the record for the Fugitive/Hunter encounter and see which Hunter it is using?

8 answers to this question

I'm interested to know this too. Ever since I started using bashed patches I have the unfortunate pleasure of encountering a few naked NPCs. I am pretty sure your hunter was one of them as well. I thought it might have something to do with a mod changing the vanilla armour making it inaccessible to some NPCs.

I have started digging. On the assumption that it uses 0006218C WE25Hunter (Male Nord)...

That uses TPLT LvlBanditMissile. That references the vanilla LVLN LCharBanditMissile but OBIS changes that to LVLN LCharBanditOBIS.

The LCharBanditOBIS uses SubCharBandit01Missile for levels 1 to 9 (I was level 6 at the time of the encounter).

SubCharBandit01Missile is a long list of Race and Male/Female variants like EncBandit01MissileNordM but there is an edit from USKP that OBIS does not reflect. EncBandit01MissileWoodElfM is in the list twice for example.

Looking at EncBandit01MissileNordM since I am fairly sure the naked Hunter was a Nord, he gets the following equipment. One each of LVLI...

LItemWeaponDaggerTown

LItemBanditWeaponMissile

LootGoldChange25

LootBanditArrows15

LootBanditRandom

His default outfit is OTFT...

BanditArmorMeleeNoShieldOutfit

Looking at the outfit first since it is the most visible...

BanditArmorMeleeNoShieldOutfit is modified by Cloaks.esp, CCOR_Remade and OBIS and has a SR Conflict Resolution entry. The final record is SR Conflict Resolution which should give him...

LitemCloaksCommon

1Dr_BAN_Bandit_BandolierPouchLIST_CCO

LItemBanditRandomArmor (from OBIS)

Looking at LItemBanditRandomArmor, we see he gets one each of...

LItemBanditMixedArmors

LItemBanditFullArmors

In LItemBanditMixedArmors at level 6 he gets either Leather Armor, Fur Armor or SublistArmorSteelCuirassVariants

LItemBanditFullArmors gives him LItemBanditCuirass, LItemBanditBoots, 50% LItemBanditGauntlets50 and 50% LItemBanditHelmet50

I will stop at this point because SublistArmorSteelCuirassVariants should guarantee something on the chest slot.

I have to admit to being baffled.

I did find one naked bandit in Blackblood Marauders and I reported it to Indigo since it was an OBIS issue. I have not seen a naked hunter though.

Sometimes I think there is a vanilla issue going on though in some of these cases.

From what I've been reading I'm expecting a large OBIS update before long.

I recently changed from OBIS to ASIS but I can't be sure which one I had installed for my naked hunter.

Ralof and Ulfberth are always naked in my game since I started using a bashed patch. I can resetinventory on them which fixes the issue. Although Ulfberth still doesn't wears shoes - I guess he's a touch bohemian.

I've always had CCOR installed and had no problems with naked dudes before the bashed patch - so I don't think that is the cause.

Oh and PCS is supposed to fix the naked courier issue from memory - so this one is a vanilla problem I believe.

The only time I ran into a naked NPC was just after install CCOR. I think that mod is causing some of those issues. This was on an old save. My newer saves all have clothed NPCs, thus far.

Now that you mention it, I think this was when I started seeing them as well... I know it was something added by 2.2.9 for certain, since I was adding those mods in as they showed up in the (then unofficial) guide, but for some reason I was associating it with the Better Males stuff... since I can't read TES5Edit-ese, I was left just kind of coping with it.

"I have a package for you, your eyes only."

THis... just won the most distrubing mental image award for the day... *shudder*