Is there a term for this kind thing

Tuggi

My google fu is weak today and my brain will not let it pass, so help!

When you are troubleshooting, is there a term for when you select half of the variables, check for errors and then either:

a) No errors, so ignore the variables from your current selection because no errors were produced and apply the check to the other half

b) Error found, so select half again of the current variables and check for errors.

Then repeat until the error source is identified.

Yes you can change the word variables to mods, I was just (temporarily) thinking beyond modding skyrim :D

Edited by Tuggi

There is a computer science term for it if you just make the error your search. Look up the search algorithms and it will be one of those. I forget the name because it's been over ten years since I learned that stuff.

Oh man, did I really just say it's been over ten years since I was an undergrad. :'(

LOL ah man you got me!

Yup my grammar is pretty bad, stay in school kids, or you will post just like me  ::P:

Okay process of elimination, well don't i feel dumb, haha. Although what SRB said was the gist of my thinking. Using mod organizer I was probably getting computer science flashbacks from over a decade ago.

Don't worry man, I am not ready to compare grey hairs yet either!