Can't edit settings under [ENVIRONMENT] in or out of game.

Vakturion

Question

CPU: 3930K @ 4.5ghz

GPU: GTX 780 3gb SLI

RAM: 32GB 1600mhz

playing @1440p 60Hz

Using Vividian ENB.

Loadorder

Mod List

Skyrim.ini

Skyrimprefs.ini

enblocal.ini

enbseries.ini

So I'm having a problem editing "AmbientLightingIntensityInterior*" and anything else under the header [ENVIRONMENT] in the enbseries.ini .

Here are some pictures to show what I'm talking about.

1st: enb on
2nd: enb off

3rd: changing settings (i've gone as high as 50.00, not just 2.00) 

4th: result of changing values.

as you can see, nothing is happening.

I've been looking around for a couple of days and have found some people having this problem, they solve it by removing enbhelper from their folders. I found removing it let me edit the files, but then I don't have enbhelper...

Just wondering if anyone might know what happening here?

It was an overnight thing, it was working the night before, then it wasn't. All I remember doing is updating drivers (Geforce beta drivers, since then I've rolled back to 337.88 drivers and nothing changed).

I've tried disabling all mods, and running skyrim with enb. I've tried reinstalling the ENB. I've tried using vanilla ini files with bfloatingpoint=1. and I've tried changing nvida 3d settings.

If anyone has any ideas i'm all for it.

6 answers to this question

There is always an ini file uses... all ini files should have the same interior values on everything or you will experience issues with interiors suddenly looking off. When you open the weathers tab you will be able to see the name of the .ini file currently used. 

If you where in an exterior cell and then went inside the weather still works. However during certain dungeons there aint any weather, and the ini file reverts to use enbseries.ini values. 

Also as long as you follow the SRLE guide then you can disregard what mangaclub says about Relighting skyrim and ELFX. The reason both are used in SRLE is because ELFX does not cover everywhere.. and Relighting skyrim does. However Relighting skyrim only affects all the locations that ELFX does not. When you throw ELE on top then you have every single interior handled, and you really only need to make sure a few locations look good and you can be sure they all will. 

Hiya,

Interiors are unusual dark, i would suggest, if you dont use any other weather mod, to install vividian with the Brighter interior options.

but then have a look at your mods:

mintylightningmod.esp (dont know that try disable it)
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp ELFX - Exteriors.espELFX - NoTaverns.espELFX - Dawnguard.espELFX - Dragonborn.espELFX-BFU-Patch.esp

Do not use ELFX at all if you have Relight Skyrim enabled.

I would suggest to disable Relight skyrim at all and reinstall vividian with the ELE interiors option, that goes well with elfx and gives a good lighting.

Simple... when weather system is enabled then the values under Environment is set for each individual weather .ini. And in the case of vividan.. there are a lot of them! :) 

The reason it works when you disable the helper is because then you disable the weather system part of ENB. 

You go to the weathers tab of ENB and then you adjust the Environment values there for one weather.. then you can go out of game and adjust it in notepad for all the rest. The reason you need to do it for all the rest is because weathers are also used for interiors. 

Hope that helps. 

Thanks for the replies Mangaclub and Aiyen.

@Mangaclub

Mintylighnting adds lightning strikes to stormy weather shouldn't have any effects on interior weather I'd assume, but I will check.

"Do not use ELFX at all if you have Relight Skyrim enabled."

I should mention I used "Skyrim Revisited: LE" so I'm using "a subset of this mod is used to be compatible with ELFX" sorry for the confusion, I'll try and play with those as well.

@Aiyen

That actually makes a lot of sense, I didn't realise there was weather inside. I don't want to adjust lighting for the weather. its just odd that one night my lighting is fine and I'm able to change the "AmbientLightingIntensityInterior" line and see results immediately then between the time of saving and reloading later changing the value has no effect what so ever, in the same spot and dungeon.

I think I understand you, I just cant find the weathers tab. I'm In game I bring up the GUI and I see weather and it has one option that says enable multiple weathers.

-Edit

Found the weathers window >.< I'll let you know how I go.

-Edit 2

I got it now, thank you very much! and I understand everything now haha.

Edited by Vakturion

ahhh no i see:)

didnt know that about the RS and ELFX thing.

If you think your interiors are generally too dark then you might just want to have a look at the shader window that where open first and open the enbeffect.fx.ini tab.

There you will find Exposure values for Interior to brighten it up to your needs.

Although you may also just install the brighter interior version first and see if that helps.

• +1 1