STEP: MO Load Order Warning after using BOSS

JareX

Question

Hi, I just finished installing STEP CORE. MO was fine til step M

Then I used BOSS and the following warning appeared on MO:

The conflict resolution order for some mods with scripts differs from the corresponding esp. This can lead to subtle, hard to locate bugs. You should re-order the affected mods. The following changes should fix the issue:

• Move M - Run For Your Lives after M - Traps Make Noise - More Dangerous Traps
  • Move M - When Vampires Attack after M - Run For Your Lives
  • Move M - Even Better Quest Objectives after M - When Vampires Attack
  • Move M - The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options after M - Even Better Quest Objectives
  • Move M - Non-Essential Children after M - The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options

Does that mean the BOSS messed up my load order?

13 answers to this question

OK thank you :)

Another question:

I'm in the process of cleaning dirty edits with tes5edit

If I choose my "STEP CORE" profile in MO and then launch tes5edit from MO and then clean the dirty edits...what happens with the same files in other profiles? lets say I have another profile called STEP + CUSTOM MODS. Does the files get cleaned on that profile too? or I should clean them again?

OK thank you :) Another question: I'm in the process of cleaning dirty edits with tes5editIf I choose my "STEP CORE" profile in MO and then launch tes5edit from MO and then clean the dirty edits...what happens with the same files in other profiles? lets say I have another profile called STEP + CUSTOM MODS. Does the files get cleaned on that profile too? or I should clean them again?

The cleaning is written directly to the file, so it shall be clean across all profiles.

mmm that leads me to my other question:

If I want to use 2 profiles that share one particular mod that has compatibility tweaks when used in conjuntion with X mod. whan happens if in profile A I have X mod installed but in profile B that same mod is not installed. what happens with the first mod? I supose it will stay with the same config across all profiles, but that will be a problem in this case.

I ask this because I want to have the following profiles:

1) STEP: Core

2) STEP: Extended

3) STEP: Custom

So, for example in the STEP core profile the "bring out your deads" mod is not installed, but in step extended it is. That causes problems with the "consistent older people" mod that has two different versions depending on wether or not you have BOYD installed or not. (the same thing applies to diverse priest)

Another example is that in my "custom" profile" I use Climates of tamriel which might conflict with the other step profiles that have COT compatibility options that are usually turned off on the default Step profiles.

So, how do I get around this issue?

Further points, whether or not another profile is involved.

That is the way it's designed to be done for any mod with optional variants, the only restriction is only activating one at a time.

Best achieved by naming the same apart from

some indicator of the choose only 1 status.

I use the suffix

* - Variant # of #

Where

* = My Standard Mod name

# = Number

So that I know to choose only 1 to activate at once and sorting by name still groups them together, if not already same priority.

However you name variants, it is best to use the same method for all Mods to avoid mistakes.

Regarding the first post, for the benefit of any non STEP Mod Organizer users. The possible bugs reported are about Mod priority orders causing file conflict errors, not load order.

In other words, some files deemed required by your load order are overwritten by later Mods. This can cause a CtD when that file is needed by game.

Other Managers call this Install Order and need mods re-installed.

Just rearrange Mods as required by Drag and Drop.

STEP users will have later instructions that sort this issue out.

Oh and the Red Triangle with ! icon, when lit up indicates this issue. Selecting the warning statement in the new window will provide more information if available.

I'd really like to know why I get errors after running BOSS from MO, that never used to happen.

DEBUG (08:17:02.0300): findfirstfileex new 1: nothing found (2)DEBUG (08:17:02.0305): findfirstfileex new 1: nothing found (2)DEBUG (08:17:02.0305): findfirstfileex new 1: nothing found (2)DEBUG (08:17:02.0311): findfirstfileex C:Program Files (x86)Notepad++plugins*.dll: DSpellCheck.dll (20)ERROR (08:17:02.0313): Windows Exception (c0000005). Last hooked call: unsigned long __stdcall GetPrivateProfileStringW_rep(const unsigned short *,const unsigned short *,const unsigned short *,unsigned short *,unsigned long,const unsigned short *)DEBUG (08:17:02.0316): hooks removedERROR (08:17:02.0394): Crash dump created as C:Mod Organizerhook.dll.dmp. Please send this file to the developer of MO----------- LOG END -----------

I'm guessing that you have set Notepad++ to be the default program to open the BOSS log file (typically html, although it could be txt). For some reason, it is throwing an exception. Setting your web browser as your default html program may fix it.

It hates my web browser too  :(  Pale Moon 64 bit...