Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Sakedo

Here's another upcoming open world medieval RPG. It looks pretty great to me:

"We’re mixing the freedom and mechanics of Skyrim, the setting of Mount and Blade, the storytelling styles of The Witcher and Red Dead Redemption, and the tough combat dynamics of Dark Souls into a single, gorgeous package"

"we are developing our own proprietary RPG-MAKING TOOLS for easy development of this and any future content, including custom support for game design, animations, branching dialogue, clothing definitions, etc. We plan to release these tools to the modding community."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13577-Kickstarter-Kingdom-Come-Deliverance

Here's a link to the Star Citizen sight where the chairman Chris Roberts voices his support for Kingdom Come Deliverance's kickstarter (and links to it's trailer) and speaks of the collaboration between the two games. Exciting times ahead for CryEngine.

Saw this a while ago when Gopher made a video on it. I never thought it was going to go over, say, 600k, but even just the past... three days, I think, it's now gone over the 900k mark. I never thought it would do that, especially not in half a week. And everyone was telling them no one wanted a game like they were making. :rolleyes:

I have great hopes for this game.

... And everyone was telling them no one wanted a game like they were making...

I think they told Chris Roberts the same thing, and he's raised $38,819,803 for his game so far. I'm really excited that the two will be sharing CryEngine expertise. Who needs AAA publishers? Power to the gamers for the gamers!

Makes me somewhat proud to see developers from my country being able to create something much much bigger and seemingly better than the usual indie stuff with crappy visual quality.

Sadly, I know I won't play this (despite it looking amazing) because of absence of third person camera. That's a deal breaker for me.