Any way to change MOs Internet Browser choice? Or fix "download with manager" bug?

Scarus

Question

Hi,

I've tried everything, antivirus, smartscreen, firewall, messing with the settings in the browser, but I can't seem to get Firefox to work when you click on "download with manager". Its so strange, it was working a few weeks ago just fine.

is there a way that MO can open a different browser for downloads, say, I.E, so I can download mods with the above option? Its not preferred, as it doesn't run BOSS in the best way...but suggestions are welcome.

argh, so tedious.

thanks

alternatively, anyone got any other suggestions for getting Firefox to work with the download button?

6 answers to this question

It doesn't matter which browser you use. Start the browser you want, click on a download and if MO is associated with nxm links it will open.

If it doesn't work for one browser, it shouldn't work for any other because its windows delegating such download links.

If MO is not associated with nxm links then click the globe icon in MO to fix that.

Firefox is default, sorry, I probably haven't been clear enough. :P

On the nexus site, clicking the "download with manager" button does not work on Firefox, it doesn't load the mod for download.

(I load MO, click the Earth Icon, go to the site, find the mod, click the green download with manager mod button, and nothing pops up, it doesn't load. Sending it to a new tab just gives me a white screen.)

The globe icon on the right is greyed out, so something must be blocking it. Idk what though.

It does work however on IE, (if I set it as default browser) hence why I was wondering if MO could load IE separately just for mod downloads.

But no biggie, I'd just prefer it if I could use one browser for everything. :)

In Firefox go to settings, applications and look for nxm on the left side. On the right side under Action change the action to Always ask. Doing this will allow a pop up box to appear when the download with manager button is pressed. You should see in that box two options, the first will be the nxm option and the second will be Choose another Application. Try this and see if the nxm option is there and report back.