General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what the limit for the crafting menu is. I don't think I've ever had a real problem with it; I just hate having cluttered lists. ;) I do have IA, IW, Cloaks, WIC, Bandoliers, Jaysus and a half-dozen or so other equipment mods, but I don't think I've experienced a CTD while in the crafting menu. Do you still experience the problem if you don't have any of the smithing perks? If reducing the items in your crafting menu through a lack of perks manages to bypass the limitations, then the conditions that I'm adding will do the same.

Yes, the way I have it set up, you need to open the MCM any time you want to change it. It isn't quite ideal, but it does allow for a lot of flexibility, and I think it actually ends up being fairly quick. It's certainly quicker than having to track down a specific forge located somewhere in the world.

One thought is that you could use the menu simply to limit items based on the type of character you're currently playing. For example, a ranger/archer type might have absolutely no need to ever see heavy armor or two-handed weapons in the crafting menu, and a heavy-armored warrior might not care about jewelry, light armor, clothing, etc. Or there may be certain items that you use but rarely craft, and only want to toggle them on occasionally. For example, let's say that I rarely craft armor, but I'm constantly creating new weapons to enchant, and I use mostly 1H blades & bows. In this case, I could have the menu set up to only show dagger, swords, and bows...but as soon as I run into a situation where I want to create a new pair of boots, then I can have that available with only a couple of clicks.

I would certainly welcome your feedback, so if you do decide to check out the new CCO file, please let me know what you think.

Is anybody else having a crash when trying to build bashed patch with Wrye Bash 303?

When it loads Dawnguard.esm it crashes displaying a C++ runtime error and Wrye Bash closes.

I am running it through MO as per SR instructions. Using Win 7 64bit.

Looking around for this issue I read that 302 version is ok.

Anyone has encountered this before?

Thank you!

Been on 303 eer since I started using WB and all works. Hmm. C++ error sounds like you may not have the right Visual C++ package, or that got messed up somehow. the read me says you nee the "MSVC++ 2008 redistributable at https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyid=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e&displaylang=en". Otherwise, maybe it's where you installed Wrye Bash? Not sure otherwise.

So I started noticing weird paint-like designs on some of the cows and it would appear something is wrong with AV (Bellyache's Package) I've tried switching to unoptimized but the files appear the same in DDSOpt.

You are not talking about the Giana's cows (or ones farmers are giving them) are you (with blue designs painted in them)?

Been on 303 eer since I started using WB and all works. Hmm. C++ error sounds like you may not have the right Visual C++ package' date=' or that got messed up somehow. the read me says you nee the "MSVC++ 2008 redistributable at https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyid=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e&displaylang=en". Otherwise, maybe it's where you installed Wrye Bash? Not sure otherwise.[/quote']

I have MSVC++ 2010 redistributable will all security patches, as they come from Windows Update.

Wrye Bash is installed, by its installer.exe, where Skyrim game is...in a folder called Mopy.

I also followed the install procedure (not configure) as it is outlined here: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Wrye_Bash#tab=Pre-installation

EDIT: Tried it with 302 version and it seems it works. Any ideas lads why it does not work with 303. Used to work in the past...

Also, Bashed Patch, 0.esp is in Overwite folder of MO.

Been on 303 eer since I started using WB and all works. Hmm. C++ error sounds like you may not have the right Visual C++ package' date=' or that got messed up somehow. the read me says you nee the "MSVC++ 2008 redistributable at https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyid=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e&displaylang=en". Otherwise' date=' maybe it's where you installed Wrye Bash? Not sure otherwise.[/quote'']

I have MSVC++ 2010 redistributable will all security patches, as they come from Windows Update.

Wrye Bash is installed, by its installer.exe, where Skyrim game is...in a folder called Mopy.

I also followed the install procedure (not configure) as it is outlined here: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Wrye_Bash#tab=Pre-installation

EDIT: Tried it with 302 version and it seems it works. Any ideas lads why it does not work with 303. Used to work in the past...

Thing with these types of programs is that in my prior experience is that they're finicky; when it says it wants C++ 2008 that's exactly what it wants, and it won't work with 2010. Try installing the 2008 package alongside the 2010 version and see if the problem with 303 doesn't clear up. Odd though. The Bashed Patch is where it's supposed to be when running under MO, so that's fine.

So I started noticing weird paint-like designs on some of the cows and it would appear something is wrong with AV (Bellyache's Package) I've tried switching to unoptimized but the files appear the same in DDSOpt.

You are not talking about the Giana's cows (or ones farmers are giving them) are you (with blue designs painted in them)?

Here.

Posted Image

Been on 303 eer since I started using WB and all works. Hmm. C++ error sounds like you may not have the right Visual C++ package' date=' or that got messed up somehow. the read me says you nee the "MSVC++ 2008 redistributable at https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyid=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e&displaylang=en". Otherwise' date=' maybe it's where you installed Wrye Bash? Not sure otherwise.[/quote'']

Thing with these types of programs is that in my prior experience is that they're finicky; when it says it wants C++ 2008 that's exactly what it wants, and it won't work with 2010. Try installing the 2008 package alongside the 2010 version and see if the problem with 303 doesn't clear up. Odd though. The Bashed Patch is where it's supposed to be when running under MO, so that's fine.

Actually I just realised that I also had MSVC++ 2008 redistr alongside with 2010. So, still 303 version crashes when building the bashed patch (while loading dawnguard.esm).

Using 302 seems to resolve this, but it is still a bit weird as WB 303 used to work in the past!

Here.

Posted Image

This is a giant's cow.  It's in vanilla I'm pretty sure.

The freezes are getting irritating. To be completely honest I have no clue what could be causing them though I suspect this latest one was caused by Real Shelter; I've enclosed the log. Does anyone know an alternative to Real Shelter? I don't know about anyone else but the whole raining underneath roofs bit gets on my nerve. Granted it could have been how fast I was traveling (Convenient Horses: Horse speed maxed out but I wasn't sprinting) but I don't think so.

Also has anyone tried using the combined Book Covers of Skyrim .esp?

Papyrus.0.7z