General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

CTD´s in the crafting menu happens. The system is not built for massive amounts of different craftables.

If you experience it, one trick is to not scroll too fast, since I found that it provokes CTD´s freezes.

I eventually removed bandoliers since it added obscene amounts of stuff to the lists. Removing that solved most issues for me, but of course I do not use all the sword and armor mods, but every little bit helps.

One can hope that in the future more mod makers will do like cloaks of skyrim, and move the crafting of those to a seperate crafting station so that the lists overall is not as cluttered.

CTD´s in the crafting menu happens. The system is not built for massive amounts of different craftables.

If you experience it, one trick is to not scroll too fast, since I found that it provokes CTD´s freezes.

I eventually removed bandoliers since it added obscene amounts of stuff to the lists. Removing that solved most issues for me, but of course I do not use all the sword and armor mods, but every little bit helps.

One can hope that in the future more mod makers will do like cloaks of skyrim, and move the crafting of those to a seperate crafting station so that the lists overall is not as cluttered.

Kryptopyr has a complete crafting overhaul esp available in her weapons and armor fixes remade ( https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34093/ ) which allows you to control how many items show up in the crafting menus via MCM. This should help prevent crashes and freezes on the crafting menus.

Another solution could be for the modders to include a book for example that the player would have to place in their inventory for the items to appear on the crafting list. If the book is not in your inventory, you don't see the items that the given mod provides.

Another solution could be for the modders to include a book for example that the player would have to place in their inventory for the items to appear on the crafting list. If the book is not in your inventory, you don't see the items that the given mod provides.

Didn't Lorecraft attempt to do that?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

No I think Aiyen is on to something I think that if Immersive Armors and Immersive Weapons and the other mods were all at a newly created forge the issue would go away. Sort of like the Skyforge weapons only being craftable at the Skyforge except that you couldn't make anything but those items at that location.

@Kryptopyr - This Weapons & Armor Fixes and Smithing Perks Overahaul mod set of yours look interesting. Based on a SR install, where in the load order would you place these?

Anything else to tweak once these are going or are they patched enough within SR to work as-is?

Thanks!

*EDIT* I'm already using Weapons & Armor Fixes along with the multi-mod compatibility patch, so I guess I just need confirmation on where in the load order you recommend Smithing Perks Overhaul. Based on the description I'm assuming Smithing Perks Overhaul goes directly after this, correct?

So I've noticed recently that my follower's no longer heal themselves or regenerate health. Did Extensible Follower Framework introduce changes to them in regards to how they heal or is this one I'm using just potentially bugged? First time I've ever seen this happen.

I don't think it's EFF as I am using it and not having this issue. I remember this happening a few months ago, then removing a mod, updating or patching corrected it - sorry I can't remember which mod was causing the issue. You can manually correct with via the console but as I remembered the bug would periodically reassert itself, maybe every time I went through a loading screen or the like.

To check if this is the issue use

GetAV healrate and

GetAV CombatHealthRegenMult

IIRC these should be 0.7 and 0.7.

You can reset them with SetAv healrate and SetAV CombatHealthRegenMult.

But my memory is a bit fuzzy on this so you might have to experiment a bit.

Is it happening to all your NPCs/followers or just some? IIRC the bug I had was strange in that it affected Uthgard but not Janessa. Maybe it was caused by a follower mod (changing follower appearance perhaps that had some unintended side effects?)

@Kryptopyr - This Weapons & Armor Fixes and Smithing Perks Overahaul mod set of yours look interesting. Based on a SR install, where in the load order would you place these?

Anything else to tweak once these are going or are they patched enough within SR to work as-is?

Thanks!

*EDIT* I'm already using Weapons & Armor Fixes along with the multi-mod compatibility patch, so I guess I just need confirmation on where in the load order you recommend Smithing Perks Overhaul. Based on the description I'm assuming Smithing Perks Overhaul goes directly after this, correct?

As long as you aren't using another mod that alters the smithing perks, you should be able to put it anywhere in your load order.  Personally, I have it loaded just as you say... Weapons & Armor Fixes, WAF compatibility patch, Smithing Perks Overhaul, (and Complete Crafting Overhaul just after these).

No I think Aiyen is on to something I think that if Immersive Armors and Immersive Weapons and the other mods were all at a newly created forge the issue would go away. Sort of like the Skyforge weapons only being craftable at the Skyforge except that you couldn't make anything but those items at that location.

I really hope that mods DON'T start doing this.  I've downloaded a few that did and manually edited them to remove the need for the special forge.  I can't begin to imagine how many conflicts it would create if every medium-to-large armor/weapons/clothing mod started to drop crafting stations into the world.  It sounds like a headache to me.  Plus, without some good reason or storyline behind it, I feel that only being able to make certain weapons at certain forges would break immersion.  The fact that the Skyforge is special is supported by lore; it would be hard to justify multiple other unique forges. 

I never tried it, but isn't there a mod/project called the Blacksmith's Guild that was attempting to do something like this?

Kryptopyr has a complete crafting overhaul esp available in her weapons and armor fixes remade ( https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34093/ ) which allows you to control how many items show up in the crafting menus via MCM. This should help prevent crashes and freezes on the crafting menus.

A large part of the reason that I released the early version of Complete Crafting Overhaul is that I'm planning to contact some of the major armor & weapons mod authors and see if I can persuade them to incorporate compatibility with my menu into their crafting recipes.  I've designed the system so that it wouldn't require any of the mods to be dependent or mastered on CCO, and if a user didn't have CCO, the extra conditions wouldn't have any sort of effect on normal use of the mod.  It's actually really easy to do and took me less than two hours to set up all the vanilla weapons & armors to toggle on/off using this method.  I obviously can't do every mod on Nexus, but if I can convince the mod authors to let me, I would be willing to put in the necessary work for some of the really popular mods (Bandoliers, Immersive Armors/Weapons, Cloaks, WIC, etc.).  Obviously the more mods I can get to include compatibility, the more useful the menu feature in CCO becomes. 

So I started noticing weird paint-like designs on some of the cows and it would appear something is wrong with AV (Bellyache's Package) I've tried switching to unoptimized but the files appear the same in DDSOpt.

@krypt I obviously do not enjoy the thought of having extra forges but with the game's limitations it is one of the only ways I see to fix it. However I hear you're making a crafting mod. I assume it would be tied into your Smithing Perks Overhaul and Weapons and Armor Fixes. HAve you tried incorporating some of the mods by yourself to see if it allows you to bypass the limitation?

I assume with the games limitation you would have to go into the MCM menu every time you wanted to change what you saw? As in it wouldn't fix the vanilla game's crafting limitation for the number of items or whatever the issue is.