General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

behaviorbehaviorbehavior

That depends on how many mods you have installed. It takes long time for my Skyrim to start - I never actually measured it' date=' but I would say 3 minutes until main menu appears! I have about 400 mods installed.[/quote']

Well' date=' I just measured mine and it takes 1 min 42 sec until Main Menu appears from pressing the RUN button in MO. Not that bad I guess - and that's on HDD.[/quote']

Then there's most likely something wrong with my Skyrim installation or mods. If a HDD can beat SSD that easily.

E: I uninstalled Skyrim completely. Currently in progress of reinstalling Skyrim from DVD (afterwards patching through Steam) and hopefully getting SSD level performance after modding. This time Mod Organizer is going straight into Skyrim's folder which is going to be on the OS SSD but outside Program Files (x86) to remove any admin rights gimmick.

If you also have a large HDD, you might consider putting the MO download folder there so it doesn't clutter up your SSD.  I'm not positive you can do this but wish I had done it.  I like to leave downloaded mods in there for when I want to reinstall - something to consider with SR -LE coming up.  I can see a lot of reinstalls in my future.

Yes, I left the download folder to HDD but the unpacked/installed mods and Mod Organizer are now on OS SSD inside Skyrim's install folder. I decided to reinstall the mods instead of copying the old mod folder to prevent any strange behavior so it will take a while before I'm able to test the full SR again.

Did you try with the ENB Injector version?

Yes... no luck there. So... I found what the problem is.

Reducing resolution from 2560x1600 -> 1920x1200 gives me 60fps with everything enabled and no stutter. The weird thing is, even 2560x1600 gives me good fps but there is just a horrible stutter.

In any case, I'm just calling this a case of ENB not optimized for higher resolutions and calling that done. Unfortunately since it's below my monitors native res I get a bit of blurring on text.

Odd.

I guess at your native resolution there's just too much to process.

I wonder if you could decrease the blurring without stutter by going back to your native resolution but using borders (maybe vignette) to reduce the screen size a bit - probably not and what's the point of having a huge monitor then?

Did altering the FOV have any affect on the stuttering?

Perhaps modify some mods considering there are some mods with "Special Installations".

Personally I'm waiting for map marker mods to be updated for SkyUI 4.0 :(

While there is a delay on the mod author's end to update NACMIM's compatability patch, SkyUI 4.0 does not prevent the map mods from working. You'll get a version error when you open the map the first time upon a new play session but that's it. Beyond that it works the same.

Has anyone here gotten the infinite load screen/ crash bug?

It stays on the load screen forever until you alt+tab and then it shows a skyrim has crashed message.

I had infinite loads screens which Aiyen fixed by getting rid of the z fighting tweaks.