Found extra files in SKSE64 mod

In an effort to pinpoint CTDs I keep having, I'm going through all my mods.  I noticed my SKSE64 mod with the 'Scripts' folder in it had a few extra files in there (being placed into the 'Data' folder.  Any idea where these came from and how they got placed into my SKSE64 mod?  Are they required files?

image.thumb.png.7b141021dd6665363e810a58863f6529.png

Edited by Kattmandu

• Kattmandu changed the title to Found extra files in SKSE64 mod
4 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

No such files in my SKSE Scripts folder. Looks like you have three full mods in there. O_o

How did you get MO2 to install three mods into that folder?

- "Skyrim Sewers"

- The icepenguine has to do with "A Quality  World Map"

Granit Hill mod

I'm just as baffled as anyone else.  I have no clue how they would end up in the SKSE64 mod.  I suppose those could be the reason for my CTDs....maybe.

It shows that I haven't even previously download Skyrim Sewers or Granite Hill.  :laugh:  The only thing I can think of is that I originally downloaded those mods through the Creations menu on my Xbox and somehow they got downloaded from the Creations menu in-game on my PC.  But not sure why they would und up in the SKSE64 mod.

image.thumb.png.74db54961992a2358e76db49f0d80e68.png

image.thumb.png.88fc7b4765ecb8f7b0cab41a2e7a3686.png

Edited by Kattmandu
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

In an effort to pinpoint CTDs I keep having, I'm going through all my mods.  I noticed my SKSE64 mod with the 'Scripts' folder in it had a few extra files in there (being placed into the 'Data' folder.  Any idea where these came from and how they got placed into my SKSE64 mod?  Are they required files?

image.thumb.png.7b141021dd6665363e810a58863f6529.png

Check that you aren't pointing your xEdit or some other app output into your SKSE mod (review config of your MO executables).

Otherwise, this was probably mistakenly done by you at some point. There's probably lots of ways it could happen, but it would be human error.

49 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

I'm just as baffled as anyone else.  I have no clue how they would end up in the SKSE64 mod.  I suppose those could be the reason for my CTDs....maybe.

It shows that I haven't even previously download Skyrim Sewers or Granite Hill.  :laugh:  The only thing I can think of is that I originally downloaded those mods through the Creations menu on my Xbox and somehow they got downloaded from the Creations menu in-game on my PC.  But not sure why they would und up in the SKSE64 mod.

image.thumb.png.74db54961992a2358e76db49f0d80e68.png

image.thumb.png.88fc7b4765ecb8f7b0cab41a2e7a3686.png

That's very likely one possible reason. If you have things like this, there's bound to be more strangeness.

Strange things can also happen if you have files in MO Overwrite, and send them to a mod, but accidentally select the wrong mod (and never noticed it).

This is one reason why we recommend sending SKSE output into the SKSE64 Output mod and xEdit into xEdit Output mod, etc.