Grass PreCache Always Crashing On Tamriel Worldspace (-26,9)

Hello! I'm trying to regenerate my Grass Cache because I added a few new mods. Running through MO2, the process keeps entering infinite CTD loops when trying to precache "World 117 out of 117, Tamriel (-26,9)." Crash logs initially indicated that MuJointFix and Faster HDT-SMP may have been the problem, but I disabled them and ran the process again, and it's still crashing in the exact same spot. And, now, the crash log doesn't even seem to be pointing to any specific culprit.

Most recent crash-log below, followed by most recent load order.

Crashlog - Pastebin.com

Load Order - Pastebin.com

Can anyone more tech savvy than me make sense of this? Is there some obvious trick I'm missing here?

With 1500+ plugins, it's very likely you'll CTD.

The crash log tells me nothing.

I suggest disabling/removing Trainwreck and acquiring/enabling Crash Logger SSE AE VR - PDB support

You can then install CLA into your ./My Games//SKSE/ folder to assist with interpreting the crashlogs generated from Crash Logger.

It will only interpret Crash Logger crashes though.

Alternatively, disable half of your masters and half of your other plugins and use the binary approach to find the problem plugin. This will be burdensome, since testing requires generating the cache for some period of time each iteration.

If you use MO, you can esily resolve any missing masters errors by just disabling those plugins.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I suggest disabling/removing Trainwreck and acquiring/enabling Crash Logger SSE AE VR - PDB support

You can then install CLA into your ./My Games//SKSE/ folder to assist with interpreting the crashlogs generated from Crash Logger.

Alternatively, disable half of your masters and half of your other plugins and use the binary approach to find the problem plugin. This will be burdensome, since testing requires generating the cache for some period of time each iteration.

If you use MO, you can esily resolve any missing masters errors by just disabling those plugins.

I had been using Crash Logger SSE AE VR previously. It just randomly stopped generating logs on me (after I transferred my MO2 Portable Instance to a new computer), which was why I had installed Train Wreck. I guess I'll try it again.

Edit: Okay, better Crash Logger is working again. I'll make another attempt at Precache and see what it says.

I recall having more or less the same issue with regards to Grass Cache generation when I did this last year. I was able to resolve it. Unfortunately, however, I didn't take any notes on what needed to be disabled. 

On the plus side, however, now that I've upgraded to a 4090, I might not even need the Grass Precache. I'm experimenting with max view distance on BethINI PIE right now, and I can barely tell the difference, while sitting around 70 fps (Thank you, NASA lol).

Edited by gath88

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Okay! Turns out the problem was the Law Bringer plug-in for Bleakwind Bluff. I disabled that, and the whole thing went off without a hitch!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gath88 said:

Okay! Turns out the problem was the Law Bringer plug-in for Bleakwind Bluff. I disabled that, and the whole thing went off without a hitch!

So LCO_BleakwindBluff.esp? You might want to make a bug report about this plugin on Lawbringer. The MA may be retired from this mod though.

3 minutes ago, z929669 said:

So LCO_BleakwindBluff.esp? You might want to make a bug report about this plugin on Lawbringer. The MA may be retired from this mod though.

Yes, that .esp. I will see about leaving a message about it on the mod page.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, z929669 said:

When I generated the PreCache Mod from the overwrite, it seems to have sucked in a whhhhooooolllleee bunch of other stuff too, including the grasscontrol.config, an Elsifier, a bunch of defunct bashed patches, and even some CC content, for some reason. This didn't happen last time.

Is this a problem? Do I need to delete all of these extra things from the mod for it to work?

Edited by gath88

1 hour ago, gath88 said:

When I generated the PreCache Mod from the overwrite, it seems to have sucked in a whhhhooooolllleee bunch of other stuff too, including the grasscontrol.config, an Elsifier, a bunch of defunct bashed patches, and even some CC content, for some reason. This didn't happen last time.

Is this a problem? Do I need to delete all of these extra things from the mod for it to work?

Sounds like you may have had other stuff in Overwrite before generating the grass cache. This is one of the pitfalls of Overwrite (for those that don't keep their eye on it or the MO warning at upper right). We will soon begin recommending that an SKSE Output mod be created, pointing SKSE64 executable to send its output there rather than Overwrite.

grasscontrol.config is from NGIO (the old version). You should be using the new version of NGIO-SKSE and Grass Cache Helper NG.

Remove everything in Overwrite unless you know you need some of it (move it into a mod then). Then regenerate the grass cache.

NGIO output will also go into SKSE output rather than Overwrite.

... so your grass cache files will be in SKSE Output where it belongs.

On a side note...

Are you using the latest version of No Grass In Objects ?

Also, when the grass is being created, are you pressing the tilde key and opening up the console to watch it?

I have noticed in the past on many different mod setups, that when I open the console it crashed a lot. Now I keep it closed and it creates the grass without problems, just the usual crash and restarts it will do on occassion.

Edited by mooit