My modded Skyrim is stuck at 60fps while my vanilla isn't HELP PLZ

SelectroXP

Question

Hello, I have a problem with my modded skyrim, my game is capped at 60 fps and I don't know what to do.

First af all I use Mod Organiser 2 for a bunch of mod I wanted to play for my first playthrough of the game BUT I don't think the probleme came from a mod, but with the skse64_loader.exe or with a .ini file attached to it, because I tried to deactivate all the mods from MO2 and launching the game with the skse64_loader.exe and the probleme is still here.

I also have ENB but when I launch the game with ForceVSync=false off and EnableFpsLimit to false in the enblocal.ini, the game is still running at 60fps. (I also try with the ingame menu of ENB)

I tried the BethINI editor as well as doing the HAVOK fix : doesn't work either.

I tried to instal the SSE Display Tweaks mod to change the fps limit to 240 which is finally working BUT, now even when changing the SSEDisplayTweaks.ini with my resolution, the game is stuck in 1920x1080 black bars. (I have a 240Hz, 2560x1440 monitor) (and here's what the important part of the .ini looks like)

So now I have to chose between playing at 60fps with my native resolution or playing with the SSE Display Tweaks mods in 1920x1080 with black bars

Can someone know what is happening because I'm clearely lost, when I launch my vanilla game with steam my fps are not capped but when I launch with MO2's skse64_loader.exe : capped at 60fps.

Thanks in advance for your help !

4 answers to this question

9 hours ago, SelectroXP said:

Hello, I have a problem with my modded skyrim, my game is capped at 60 fps and I don't know what to do.

First af all I use Mod Organiser 2 for a bunch of mod I wanted to play for my first playthrough of the game BUT I don't think the probleme came from a mod, but with the skse64_loader.exe or with a .ini file attached to it, because I tried to deactivate all the mods from MO2 and launching the game with the skse64_loader.exe and the probleme is still here.

I also have ENB but when I launch the game with ForceVSync=false off and EnableFpsLimit to false in the enblocal.ini, the game is still running at 60fps. (I also try with the ingame menu of ENB)

I tried the BethINI editor as well as doing the HAVOK fix : doesn't work either.

I tried to instal the SSE Display Tweaks mod to change the fps limit to 240 which is finally working BUT, now even when changing the SSEDisplayTweaks.ini with my resolution, the game is stuck in 1920x1080 black bars. (I have a 240Hz, 2560x1440 monitor) (and here's what the important part of the .ini looks like)

So now I have to chose between playing at 60fps with my native resolution or playing with the SSE Display Tweaks mods in 1920x1080 with black bars

Can someone know what is happening because I'm clearely lost, when I launch my vanilla game with steam my fps are not capped but when I launch with MO2's skse64_loader.exe : capped at 60fps.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Check that vsync is disabled in your graphics software and in the game INIs (using BethINI). See our SSE guide for BethINI instructions and SSE Display Tweaks instructions (linked in the top nav). All the info you need to fix the issue is there.

Ok I just fixed the solution and it was REALLY dumb. The resolution option in the sse displaytweaks.ini was in comment (#) so that is why it did not work...

Thanks for your help and time anyway, and sorry for the loss of time

• Like 3