Here i am again....i followed the guide to clean the step patches puglins from the Book Cover master plugin....after that i disabled that since LOTD already has that. Now the game works fine, the only problem is that i surely ****ed up a lot of book since i can't see theire preview from the inventory and when i try to read one the game just crash. Does anyone know how to help me? 

21 minutes ago, Reick said:

Here i am again....i followed the guide to clean the step patches puglins from the Book Cover master plugin....after that i disabled that since LOTD already has that. Now the game works fine, the only problem is that i surely ****ed up a lot of book since i can't see theire preview from the inventory and when i try to read one the game just crash. Does anyone know how to help me? 

In your case, you should 'Remove' every BCS and BC-Lost Library record from the Step Patches, since LotD already patches these (presumably).

Going further, you should check the Step Patches for conflicts with LotD records and 'Remove' those from the patches as well (at least check them, as some may be 'good'). Just look at any records in the LotD plugin that have red text, and if any of the Step Patches overrides one of these, remove it from the Step Patch (right click the Step Patch in right pane > Remove).

Also, test on a new game and not a save.

How should i proced with this removal? I am how do i check the record? From xEdit? In the same way i cleaned the master? Sorry to bother you but i am new to the modding territory

1 hour ago, Reick said:

How should i proced with this removal? I am how do i check the record? From xEdit? In the same way i cleaned the master? Sorry to bother you but i am new to the modding territory

Yes, using xEdit.

21 hours ago, z929669 said:

In your case, you should 'Remove' every BCS and BC-Lost Library record from the Step Patches, since LotD already patches these (presumably).

Going further, you should check the Step Patches for conflicts with LotD records and 'Remove' those from the patches as well (at least check them, as some may be 'good'). Just look at any records in the LotD plugin that have red text, and if any of the Step Patches overrides one of these, remove it from the Step Patch (right click the Step Patch in right pane > Remove).

Also, test on a new game and not a save.

Mmmh, i am sorry i don't really understand what i should do about removing the BCS e BC-Lost Library records from the step patches. I already cleaned the the patches to remove the masters, i don't really know how i should use xedit to do what your suggesting :C

5 hours ago, Reick said:

Mmmh, i am sorry i don't really understand what i should do about removing the BCS e BC-Lost Library records from the step patches. I already cleaned the the patches to remove the masters, i don't really know how i should use xedit to do what your suggesting :C

This is an example of one BCS record overridden by the Step CR Patch. If LotD also edits this record, then you will want to remove it from the Step patch as shown. If not, then leave it.

image.png

You should probably familiarize yourself with xEdit first. See links near bottom for official xEdit doc and Discord support.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

This is an example of one BCS record overridden by the Step CR Patch. If LotD also edits this record, then you will want to remove it from the Step patch as shown. If not, then leave it.

image.png

You should probably familiarize yourself with xEdit first. See links near bottom for official xEdit doc and Discord support.

The issue is that both Book Covers Skyrim and Lost Library and are included in the LOTD plugin so Book Covers Skyrim and Lost Library need to be removed completely from the patch and from the load order.

EDIT: In this specific record, I think the BCS_Book_BHE02 static reference in INAM - Inventory Art may retain Book Covers Skyrim.esp as a master.

47 minutes ago, Greg said:

The issue is that both Book Covers Skyrim and Lost Library and are included in the LOTD plugin so Book Covers Skyrim and Lost Library need to be removed completely from the patch and from the load order.

EDIT: In this specific record, I think the BCS_Book_BHE02 static reference in INAM - Inventory Art may retain Book Covers Skyrim.esp as a master.

Yeah, IDK without having LotD im my LO, which I don't. Just illustrating how to remove redundant records is all.

Alright thanks you, i'll try look into it again. The only thing thats bothering me is that i did actually remove a bunch of records to remove the master from the step patches. For example from the conflit one i had to remove a lot of model and  INAM. Also i did remove BC e Lost library from LO. I don't understand if this is what caused the models of book not showing in game. (When i select the book in the inventory the model is that of the last item seen...if i try to read it the game just crash) But yeah i'll try to look into it again and see. Thanks you yall

I am sorry to disturb you again. I've tried what you suggested but the problem is still persisting. I've tried on a specific book (Mystery of Talara V1) since it's the first book i can find when starting the game with alternate star and the LOTD start, but i had no luck, the model still didn't appeared and the game crashed every time i read it. 

I've found an old topic where they try to integrate LOTD witht he step build. The last post is kinda interesting, Do you think that would still work now? I was thinking to reinstall Book Covers and the Step Patches to bring back all the records i've deleted and try again following those steps. 

1 hour ago, Reick said:

I am sorry to disturb you again. I've tried what you suggested but the problem is still persisting. I've tried on a specific book (Mystery of Talara V1) since it's the first book i can find when starting the game with alternate star and the LOTD start, but i had no luck, the model still didn't appeared and the game crashed every time i read it. 

I've found an old topic where they try to integrate LOTD witht he step build. The last post is kinda interesting, Do you think that would still work now? I was thinking to reinstall Book Covers and the Step Patches to bring back all the records i've deleted and try again following those steps. 

Yes, the last post addresses what I've been hinting at.