NPC Jittering Up And Down

mooit

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I've noticed some NPC at times when standing still, but more so when walking, are jittering/bobbing up and down, sometimes too, looking like they're vibrating up and down.

Is this an engine game pyshics issue that causes NPC at times to do this?

Here's a video of Talsgar the Wanderer at Oakwood, while I'm standing there, I see him twitch up and down several times. This is a new game I started in SSE...

Click the V in the lower right to watch it on Vimeo.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

13 answers to this question

Does anyone know anything about this, if it's a Vanilla issue?

I have also noticed he'll either snap up or down, and then snap to the left or right at the same time.

It's almost like when you rubberband in online gaming from net lag, is how this looks at times.

Here's another video where it looks like this rubberbanding.

THANKS

Posted (edited)

It's a bit hard to ignore when you are interacting with the NPC and their jerking all around, seriously kills the immersion.

I'm even seeing at times the NPC jittering/stuttering when walking.

I thought I've read others have seen this too, as possibly collisions, game physics, etc...

I made a post over at Nexus USSEP and someone replied they have seen it happen on vanilla terrain occasionally.

If this is a vanilla issue, it would be great, if it's possible for USSEP to patch it. Or if there are collision mods I should be installing and using?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 5:20 AM, DoubleYou said:

Perhaps see if increasing land friction in Bethini Pie helps. 

I'm not using Pie, but the previous version. If I only adjust the Land Friction and I don't touch anything else and save in Pie, this won't change any of the others settings I've made in the original BethINI, everything else will be untouched and carry over, as well as any other settings I've changed or added manually?

THANKS

P.S. The UI of PIE looks really! :thumbsup:

Edited by mooit

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

It will sort the ini and remove any unrecognized settings, just like original BethINI. You will probably be fine, but compare if you want to be certain.

Is this called fLandFriction?

I don't see anything in Skyrim.ini or SkyrimPrefs.ini

THANKS

P.S. I found it;

[Landscape]
fLandFriction=32

Edited by mooit

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Skyrim.ini

[Landscape]
fLandFriction=2.5000

I increased it as you mentioned, the drop down had two options; 2.5 and 32, I placed it on 32.

Can we manually specify amounts?

Off to go test this...

THANKS

Edited by mooit

Posted (edited)

It's hard to tell if this makes a difference, what I've actually noticed is when using Vsync Fast on Nvidia.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

Posted (edited)

fLandFriction didn't do anything, any other ideas anyone?

NPC twitching and flickering around is really bad in the game for me, and I don't know what is causing it.

But then I just found this mod related to plates twitching around and it makes me wonder if this is the same type of an issue.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64728

I don't just see the NPC occasionally twitching, I see this all the time, and it's just killing the game immersion really bad, I seriously need to figure out what is going on, and help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

P.S. Someone mentioned to me this is a Vanilla issue... hmm

Edited by mooit