Curiosity about a bug caused by ICH in Maids II

Posted (edited)

I had been testing some mods that I had been wanting to play since sometime and I encountered a weird bug

img (Some ebony armoded npc dont have heads but others do)

This is from Maids II Deception, and at first, I thought that It would be a body replacer as I use one, but after disabling everything and going part by part of the step mods and my mods, I tracked down the problem to “Improved Closefaced Helmets” (imp_helm_legend.esp)

After some playing around in xedit I managed to fix it but wanted to ask what would be the consequences of it or what could be the actual cause of the bug to fix with an overwrite to maids insted of IHC.

img

In case the change I did actually creates more problems I will delete the overwrite.

Edit: forgot to mention but this is on a clean savegame, when i disabled all mods while testing i created a new game and advanced to just before traveling to the place where that fight starts to make testing easier.

Edited by MatsurikoDlight

ICH provides different 3D models of closefaced helmets for beast races and orcs than for humans and elves, specifically designed to fit the shape of their heads.

With your patch you'll lose the custom helmets of ICH for the affected races, i.e. they'll wear the same helmet as the humanoid races - which is also how vanilla works.

It's a known bug in Maids II. I don't know if there is a better fix. I played it with the missing heads, it didn't bother me too much.

I'd recommend playing Maids II as a separate game/adventure. When I played it I didn't know what to expect, so I played it in the middle of a typical Skyrim game/adventure. It completely ruined my immersion and I stopped playing that game afterwards. It starts off in the Skyrim universe and then completely goes off the rails, it's not lore-friendly at all. It's a disjointed fever dream. Boy do I regret ever playing this mod, the worst of all story mods I played :)

i havent had the time to check the bug in detail because im busy at the moment, but my fix does cause a big problem in the rest of the game as faces clip tho helmets, when i get some time i want to check it and see how to fix it mostly out of curiosity and undestanding more of xedit really. (I got as far as geting the formid of the npc affected but need to look at them more)

I dont know why but knowing that is a fever dream make me want to play it more to vary a little.