Upgrading

What is the simplest and easiest method for upgrading from STEP + LIGHTING to STEP + LIGHTING + POST PROCESSING.

I would like to maintain my existing profile to go back to in case of performance issues.

Im running the latest version of STEP

10 hours ago, MightyCrow said:

What is the simplest and easiest method for upgrading from STEP + LIGHTING to STEP + LIGHTING + POST PROCESSING.

It's really not upgrading in this case. 12-Post Processing is the final modgroup you need to install. You should also revisit the mod tables to revisit the installation of those mods that have post-processing flags (see Mod Table Reference). Then revisit Performance Tuning, which will advise revisiting the BethINI setup, where important post processing settings should be updated.

Ok thanks. I’ve done all that. Created a separate profile in case performance was not good enough.

i have one more question on LOD Generation, do i need to run it all again? I’ve also updated to BethINI Medium Preset from Low. 

5 hours ago, MightyCrow said:

Ok thanks. I’ve done all that. Created a separate profile in case performance was not good enough.

i have one more question on LOD Generation, do i need to run it all again? I’ve also updated to BethINI Medium Preset from Low. 

Probably not terrain and occlusion, but object LOD should be updated. I would regenerate everything, personally.

It's definitely not going to hurt anything if you don't though. Maybe wait and see what you think after some testing.

Thanks. I ran all the LODs again just in case.

everything seems to be running well! I’m surprised my GTX 1060 can handle it! I’m running Medium INIs with Heavy ENB, LODs with no grass. Getting upwards of 40fps in exteriors.

out of interest, what is the performance hit of running Grass LODs?

8 hours ago, MightyCrow said:

out of interest, what is the performance hit of running Grass LODs?

It depends on the grass density you choose in DynDOLOD, but all I can say is that it will have a performance impact, depending on other factors as well. The only way to know is to disable all of your current DynDOLOD output and regenerate with grass into another output. Then you can test by comparing the two using similar testing routines. I would personally do something like ...

1. load up a save in a WR interior using the existing output, exit the WR gate, and walk in a b-line across the tundra towards Markath (noting my FPS spikes and trends)
  2. reload the same save to disable DynDOLOD via the MCM wile in the starting interior, save again, and go through the general clean save process .
  3. regenerate and enable the new DynDOLOD output with grass
  4. reload the clean save with new output, and do the same test done in #1