My Skyrim has no grass after Step Guide

4 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I hate the term "priority" as regards load order, as it is confusing. Confirm that the right plugin panel has the order as:

• Grass Cache Fixes.esp
  • Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp

And NOT:

• Grass Cache Fixes.esp

Can confirm that Loot order it wrong. So atm we have to move Grass Cache Fixes.esp in order to achive that load order. (doing that and rerunning Texgen and DynDOLOD now)

Moved Grass cache Fixes.esp and rerun DynDOLOD. Now the grass is as intended. :)

• +1 1

9 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I hate the term "priority" as regards load order, as it is confusing. Confirm that the right plugin panel has the order as:

• Grass Cache Fixes.esp

And NOT:

• Grass Cache Fixes.esp

Priority is the only absolute way to correctly describe it. Above/below is relative ;)

6 hours ago, z929669 said:

Priority is the only absolute way to correctly describe it. Above/below is relative ;)

I understand that, but your typical user hears "higher priority" and thinks that means higher in the load order, so they can easily become confused despite the technical correctness of the statement. I prefer to say "load after" or "load before" partially because of LOOT's Load After rules, and because Vortex users are more familiar with those terms. 

6 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I understand that, but your typical user hears "higher priority" and thinks that means higher in the load order, so they can easily become confused despite the technical correctness of the statement. I prefer to say "load after" or "load before" partially because of LOOT's Load After rules, and because Vortex users are more familiar with those terms. 

I can relate to your preference for "load after/before", which is also correct and arguably more universally applicable in a semantic sense.

But it only applies to plugins, which is only applicable to load order. The layperson also often confuses LO with install priority, causing another huge source of miscommunication and misunderstanding. This is why I use 'priority'. It's the only nomenclature that applies to the order of both installed mods and plugins in relation to the winner/loser.