Loot issue : no ESP are showing despite being activated in MO2

Hi all,

So, I'm currently running into an annoying issue and I'm at loss. I am building an entirely new load order on a downgraded version of Skyrim SE (from the last update to 1.5.97). New pc, new windows, so there is much to be done, and the STEP guide has been a very essential asset for me.

Back to my issue. Even though I activate my mods (esp) in the left panel of MO2 (last version), when running LOOT from the MO2 executables (in the right panel) the only plugins registered in the LOOT pane are the main files and CC content. All my esp are absent and doesn't show. Some pictures (sorry, it's in french) : 

- https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=24/01/nv9c.png

- https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=24/01/97ho.png

ip0r.png as you can see, no esp are showing whatsoever, as far as I remember modding this game it's the first time I see this) 

Loot is installed on a folder inside my SSD near MO2 and other modding tools (I moved it several time but to no avail), so no UAC concerns I think. I entered the right command in MO2 following the STEP guide. So I really don't know why LOOT isn't showing anything. 

Fun fact, the button "putting in order" in MO2 just below the Plugin tab displays the esp

Edited by Constantine

1 hour ago, Constantine said:

Ok, found the issue.

Glad you got it sorted out by yourself. However, for the sake of fellow/ future users, can you please describe what the problem was and how you fixed it? The STEP community is as much a "troubleshooting" community as a modlist one.

And an observation from your screenshots: I saw you installed at least the utilities in F:/steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Modding. I would strongly advice against installing anything other than the game itself in the Steam directory. The reason being that Windows has a 255 character limit for filenames. So the further from the root directory (F:/ in this case), the more likely it is that you will run into this limit. That will cause files not to be recognized.

My suggestion would be to create a directory called F:/Modding or even F:/Skyrim and install everything into that.

Hi !

Yes, I was a complete moron because I completely botched the installation steps. I don't know what was the mistake exactly, but I think it was something related to the MO2 directory in which the mods are stored, it was on my C:Drive, and after I moved it to my SSD, the issue solved itself. In fact, I was completely oblivious of this game directory path ; I assumed it was in my MO2 installation folder, which is on my SSD. 

It was especially humiliating since I modded Skyrim quite a few years back, and it was the first thing I make sure to double check !

54 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Hi !

Yes, I was a complete moron because I completely botched the installation steps. I don't know what was the mistake exactly, but I think it was something related to the MO2 directory in which the mods are stored, it was on my C:Drive, and after I moved it to my SSD, the issue solved itself. In fact, I was completely oblivious of this game directory path ; I assumed it was in my MO2 installation folder, which is on my SSD. 

It was especially humiliating since I modded Skyrim quite a few years back, and it was the first thing I make sure to double check !

It is very easy to forget one tiny simple thing which completely ruins your installation. Um, so I have heard... it has never happened to me of course.:whistling: