Add new stitched object LOD textures for TexGen

Syphel

Question

Hey, 

I'm here to ask some help for a new mod I'm creating. 

When generating LOD for glaciers, we get glacierreallod.dds and glacierreallod_n.dds. These are made from GlacierSlab.dds and GlacierSlab_n.dds. 
However, I want to add new set of ice meshes and have the same generation style through DynDoLOD 3.0 of LOD.

So for example, I want a certain set of meshes that would generate from O_GlacierSlab.dds and then use o_glacierreallod.dds for that new set of meshes. Is this possible to make ? 

If it is, can anyone tell me how I could achieve that ?

If anything is unclear or missing information, let me know ! 

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Syphel said:

Hey, 

I'm here to ask some help for a new mod I'm creating. 

When generating LOD for glaciers, we get glacierreallod.dds and glacierreallod_n.dds. These are made from GlacierSlab.dds and GlacierSlab_n.dds. 
However, I want to add new set of ice meshes and have the same generation style through DynDoLOD 3.0 of LOD.

So for example, I want a certain set of meshes that would generate from O_GlacierSlab.dds and then use o_glacierreallod.dds for that new set of meshes. Is this possible to make ? 

If it is, can anyone tell me how I could achieve that ?

If anything is unclear or missing information, let me know ! 

See https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors#How-to-add-LOD-textures-creation-rules-to-TexGen

Check ../DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/Configs/DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_skyrimesm.txt
It contains 4 lines:
0    1    1    1    textures\landscape\glacierslab.dds    0.5    0.5    0    0    textures\lod\glacierreallod.dds    1    1
0    1    1    1    textures\landscape\glacierslab.dds    0.5    0.5    0    0.5    textures\lod\glacierslabreallod.dds    1    1
0    1    1    1    textures\landscape\glacierslab.dds    0.5    0.5    0.5    0    textures\lod\glacierslabreallod.dds    1    1
0    1    1    1    textures\landscape\glacierslab.dds    0.5    0.5    0.5    0.5    textures\lod\glacierslabreallod.dds    1    1

Just rename the source and destination texture filenames to your needs and add the lines to a new DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_TexGen_[pluginfilenameesp].txt you create in the DynDOLOD folder in "Data". The LOD meshes should still reference the full texture file name and have their UV between  0.0 and 2.0, it will then be automatically replaced with the LOD texture in the process.

0    1    1    1    textures\landscape\o_glacierslab.dds    0.5    0.5    0    0    textures\lod\o_glacierslabreallod.dds    1    1
0    1    1    1    textures\landscape\o_glacierslab.dds    0.5    0.5    0    0.5    textures\lod\o_glacierslabreallod.dds    1    1
0    1    1    1    textures\landscape\o_glacierslab.dds    0.5    0.5    0.5    0    textures\lod\o_glacierslabreallod.dds    1    1
0    1    1    1    textures\landscape\o_glacierslab.dds    0.5    0.5    0.5    0.5    textures\lod\o_glacierslabreallod.dds    1    1

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Stitched-Object-LOD-Textures
https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Stitched-Object-LOD-Texture