Question about water LOD color

darkrain261

Question

Looking through posts on the forum and Internet, I know that LOD water is using DefaultWater record, so in my understanding, any change to it will also change the LOD water including the color. However, I'm using Skyland-RWT green water color addon, which is winning DefaultWater in xEdit. But in-game, my LOD water color is still bright blue and only change back to normal when I come closer. Some suggested that the color is from reflecting but I have disabled sky reflect, only objects, trees and lands are enabled.

Any idea how can I improve this situation? Thank you all.

1 answer to this question

On 9/29/2023 at 12:02 PM, darkrain261 said:

Looking through posts on the forum and Internet, I know that LOD water is using DefaultWater record, so in my understanding, any change to it will also change the LOD water including the color. However, I'm using Skyland-RWT green water color addon, which is winning DefaultWater in xEdit. But in-game, my LOD water color is still bright blue and only change back to normal when I come closer. Some suggested that the color is from reflecting but I have disabled sky reflect, only objects, trees and lands are enabled.

Any idea how can I improve this situation? Thank you all.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Terrain-LOD-and-Water-LOD

LOD generation does not affect the LOD water record or vice versa. Color may also be affected by the LOD water reflection settings.

Best to ask questions about water records on the comments of the mod changing them.

• Thanks 1