Load order between Better Dynamic Ash/Snow, Cathedral Landscape, and Majestic Mountains

Solmir

Question

Hi, beautiful people on the forum!

Got a card from my buddy recently. I'm looking to STEP up the graphics for my SE setup. Consumed a good part of the guide but didn't fully follow it. Here is the conflict situation (conflict loser view) in my setup right now:

[0D]       MajesticMountains_Landscape.esm
              | overwritten by Snowy Landscapes in Snowy Regions (by design[1]) and Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods (claimed to not be a big deal[2])
[4A]       Cathedral Landscapes.esp
              | snow and ash objects overwritten by the Better Dynamic counterparts
[FE136] MajesticMountains.esp

Feels kind of insecure continuing with the generation phase without knowing the gravity of these conflicts. I'm sure these are covered by the step patch, but unfortunately, I'm short of a couple of mods to load that in. Maybe this is already covered by a post on the forum, but I can't seem to find it. In the spirit of "me dumb, me ask", could you suggest a load order between Better Dynamic Ash/Snow, Cathedral Landscape, and Majestic Mountains? Directing me to a related post also helps. Thanks.

[1] Notes on the mod page https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64738
[2] The author replied in the comment section https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5459602-landscape-fixes-for-verdant-grass-se/page-110#entry89255403

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Solmir said:

Z - Thanks for the prompt reply!

Gave LOOT a run. It puts Cathedral at the end, among other changes (load order below). Yes, I've read the guide that it should consumed with the patch installed. Though admittedly, I'm only taking advantage of the guide as a landscape setup. Almost all of the gameplay/character changes are left out. It would prove difficult for me to gather the dependencies of the step patch, hence why I started to post for some guidance on the load order between these few mods.

If it weren't too much to ask, could you take a look at which mod the step patch chooses as the winner for the conflicting material objects (screenshot below)? By the look of it, the winner of the snow ones can be Better Dynamic Snow or Majestic Mountains (Cathedral's edits are the same). The winner of the ash ones can be Better Dynamic Ash or Majestic Mountains.

MajesticMountains_Landscape.esm
Better Dynamic Snow SE.esp
MajesticMountains.esp
Better Dynamic Ash.esp
Cathedral Landscapes.esp

image.thumb.png.c393895aeb69a6021e92ffcaebc8f8e3.png

Attached is my MO sorted LO in my dev build. Keep in mind that some mods will be sorted arbitrarily by LOOT where order of one or more mods doesn't matter. This applies to some of these. Just check records in xEdit if you don't trust that.loadorder.txt

44 minutes ago, Solmir said:

Hi, beautiful people on the forum!

Got a card from my buddy recently. I'm looking to STEP up the graphics for my SE setup. Consumed a good part of the guide but didn't fully follow it. Here is the conflict situation (conflict loser view) in my setup right now:

[0D]       MajesticMountains_Landscape.esm
              | overwritten by Snowy Landscapes in Snowy Regions (by design[1]) and Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods (claimed to not be a big deal[2])
[4A]       Cathedral Landscapes.esp
[FE136] MajesticMountains.esp

Feels kind of insecure continuing with the generation phase without knowing the gravity of these conflicts. I'm sure these are covered by the step patch, but unfortunately, I'm short of a couple of mods to load that in. Maybe this is already covered by a post on the forum, but I can't seem to find it. In the spirit of "me dumb, me ask", could you suggest a load order between Better Dynamic Ash/Snow, Cathedral Landscape, and Majestic Mountains? Directing me to a related post also helps. Thanks.

[1] Notes on the mod page https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64738
[2] The author replied in the comment section https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5459602-landscape-fixes-for-verdant-grass-se/page-110#entry89255403

Just sort with LOOT per the guide, and as long as you have all of the plugins required by the patches, you can trust the LO set by LOOT. Master and master-flagged plugins always load first and are overridden by normal plugins. You must install the Step Patches and their masters as well per the guide.

In short, just follow the guide and trust the result.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

Just sort with LOOT per the guide, and as long as you have all of the plugins required by the patches, you can trust the LO set by LOOT. Master and master-flagged plugins always load first and are overridden by normal plugins. You must install the Step Patches and their masters as well per the guide.

In short, just follow the guide and trust the result.

Z - Thanks for the prompt reply!

Gave LOOT a run. It puts Cathedral at the end, among other changes (load order below). Yes, I've read the guide that it should consumed with the patch installed. Though admittedly, I'm only taking advantage of the guide as a landscape setup. Almost all of the gameplay/character changes are left out. It would prove difficult for me to gather the dependencies of the step patch, hence why I started to post for some guidance on the load order between these few mods.

If it weren't too much to ask, could you take a look at which mod the step patch chooses as the winner for the conflicting material objects (screenshot below)? By the look of it, the winner of the snow ones can be Better Dynamic Snow or Majestic Mountains (Cathedral's edits are the same). The winner of the ash ones can be Better Dynamic Ash or Majestic Mountains.

MajesticMountains_Landscape.esm
Better Dynamic Snow SE.esp
MajesticMountains.esp
Better Dynamic Ash.esp
Cathedral Landscapes.esp

image.thumb.png.c393895aeb69a6021e92ffcaebc8f8e3.png

11 hours ago, z929669 said:

Attached is my MO sorted LO in my dev build. Keep in mind that some mods will be sorted arbitrarily by LOOT where order of one or more mods doesn't matter. This applies to some of these. Just check records in xEdit if you don't trust that.loadorder.txt

Majestic Mountains wins over Better Dynamic Snow, and Better Dynamic Ash wins over Majestic Mountains. This is a good enough base for me to start. I can always change things around if I notice some mismatches later.

Thanks again for the lightning-fast responses and helpful support!

• Like 1