Has anyone had any issues with the Bloodskal Blade?  When I drop it from my inventory, the blade disappears.  If I put it in a weapon rack, it's permanently stuck there, no retrieving it. It's also positioned way too high in the weapon rack.  I have the Bloodskal Blade in my inventory by completing the quest, not using the console command to add it.  If I add the blade to my inventory via the console, that version doesn't shoot out the red energy blast when the sword is swung like the version obtained after completing the quest.  Very weird bugs.

Edited by Kattmandu

According to the mod Bloodskal Blade - Tweaks and Enhancements, which I use, the energy blast effect only works on the blade instance obtained during the quest. This would explain why it doesn't work on a copy added via console:

The effect only works on a specific reference, rather than the base ID.

No specific idea about the blade disappearing when dropped. Don't drop it, stash it in a container instead :) I rarely drop items, except when I need to look at them with the console. Sometimes they disappear into the ground or floor, it can be anything: book, potion, food, weapon... I don't know why. So I always save before dropping any item I know I'm going to pick back up, and retry elsewhere if needed.

About the weapon rack: this discussion (reddit) may provide some solution(s).

If you've lost the blade forever, or it's stuck in the rack forever, you could give the aforementioned mod a try. MAKE A SAVE, install, enable, load, grab a new copy via console. If it works, great, keep the mod enabled, but be mindful of that mod's other changes and tweaked mechanics. If not, disable, uninstall, and reload the previous save.

Alternatively, you could try to retrieve the dropped and disappeared blade instance from the quest by moving it to you via console. Make sure you stand on clear flat hard ground. If it works, it should appear at your feet.

prid 0401E201
moveto player
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:
prid 0401E201
moveto player

Those console commands seem to have permanently fixed the issue of me not being able to pick it back up off the floor or the weapon rack, even after restarting Skyrim.  Thanks for that!  However, the blade still sits quite high on the weapon rack.  Not sure how to fix that.  Also, I noticed that after I picked the blade up (after entering those commands in the console) it's now showing it is oiled whereas beforehand it didn't.  The item card shows an arrow with a snake wrapped around it.  Maybe I applied some sort of snake oil to it in the past and that messed up the script causing it to act wonky?  EDIT: Just did a quick search.  Apparently it's poison applied to the sword.

image.thumb.png.87b52b70014584db03a57719fd9c6434.png

image.thumb.png.75f66ba9aba93daf68d0d2a3f030d52d.png

image.thumb.png.f705b2c925fbdc746ceb64948226aacb.png

Edited by Kattmandu

14 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

LOL, weird that it only showed after entering those console commands though.

Those console commands cannot modify the object. That's impossible.

Either you applied a poison and forgot about it after you lost the blade or it became stuck, and panic ensued, or a dragon fairy sneaked in and applied snake oil while you were sleeping.

You never ever used poison or noticed the green icons on any weapon before while playing Skyrim? Hard to believe, but why not. I'm not judging.

Anyhow, the poison will be consumed the next time you successfully strike an opponent with the blade. The green inventory icons will also disappear. Until next time you apply poison again.

2 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Those console commands cannot modify the object. That's impossible.

Either you applied a poison and forgot about it after you lost the blade or it became stuck, and panic ensued, or a dragon fairy sneaked in and applied snake oil while you were sleeping.

You never ever used poison or noticed the green icons on any weapon before while playing Skyrim? Hard to believe, but why not. I'm not judging.

Anyhow, the poison will be consumed the next time you successfully strike an opponent with the blade. The green inventory icons will also disappear. Until next time you apply poison again.

I generally don't use potions but I did try applying poison to weapons in the past.  I apparently applied poison to the Bloodskal Blade some time ago, however, before I entered those console commands to retrieve the blade, it didn't show that the blade had any poison applied to it.

Edited by Kattmandu

8 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

before I entered those console commands to retrieve the blade, it didn't show that the blade had any poison applied to it.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the green poison status icons are only visible when the weapon is in the player's or an NPC's inventory.

2 hours ago, Mousetick said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the green poison status icons are only visible when the weapon is in the player's or an NPC's inventory.

It's always been in my inventory since I acquired the Bloodskal Blade through the quest line (until I just recently tried to put it in a weapon rack and drop it from my inventory).  I even loaded a save from before I entered the console commands, no poison icon on the blade.

Edited by Kattmandu

25 minutes ago, Greg said:

My theory is that you just dropped that vial of snake oil into your inventory bag without adequate protection so the vial cracked while banging around in your bag and leaked snake oil on the blade.

That is the only logical explanation.