Snow in Riverwood forest

poellafrire

Hello,

Now I completed the STEP guide, I want to mod Skyrim further using it as a base but I'm currently facing an issue : There are some little snow areas dispatched around Riverwood forest I want to get rid off but I can't put my finger on the mod which is causing it.

Has anyone else noticed these areas ?

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for answering. I tried to disable Cathedral Landscapes but it doesn't remove the snowy areas.

Here are some screenshots (I disabled grass to better show the landscape).

CknDuy6.jpg

Chjwbpk.jpg

Something strange is that, despite "Landscape Identification by Terrain Texture" mod being enable, the name of the snow texture doesn't show. It seems that it is not directly landscape which is textured but an overlapping mesh dynamically added. I thought to Better Dynamic Snow, but adding it to a mod-clear version of the game does not make these areas appear and I believe that BDS only modifies textures, it does not add meshes.

Edited by poellafrire

7 hours ago, poellafrire said:

Hello,

Thanks for answering. I tried to disable Cathedral Landscapes but it doesn't remove the snowy areas.

Here are some screenshots (I disabled grass to better show the landscape).

CknDuy6.jpg

Chjwbpk.jpg

Something strange is that, despite "Landscape Identification by Terrain Texture" mod being enable, the name of the snow texture doesn't show. It seems that it is not directly landscape which is textured but an overlapping mesh dynamically added. I thought to Better Dynamic Snow, but adding it to a mod-clear version of the game does not make these areas appear and I believe that BDS only modifies textures, it does not add meshes.

You aren't running the current Step mod list. landscape is different, trees are different, etc.

Your issue is related to one of the mods you've added. Fall back to the Step mod list to resolve and then add your other mods one by one to determine which is causing this.

For comparison:

Step

SkyrimSE 2023-08-18 08-45-33-12.jpg

Yours

Chjwbpk.jpeg

14 minutes ago, poellafrire said:

Yes, as I said, I started to mod the game further using the very good STEP guide as a base but you are right, I've gone too fast and I will probably have to restart from scratch and test mods one by one. Thanks for your feedback.

I wouldn't start from scratch but rather simply disable the extra mods and ensure your install priority order matches the guide. Then begin adding your extras one by one after confirming it looks OK. In MO, look at conflicts in CL where CL is overwritten by one of your new mods.