Long time no see. Checking in.

phazer11

So. I haven't really had time to find my password and come over to say hi and catch up. It's been a long few years since I logged in last, but I finally found my password and noticed my email was the old one I don't use anymore so that explains why I couldn't reset it. Going to spoiler this it's a little heavy and I'm not sure everyone cares to read.

Spoiler

Had my gaming computer die on me in late 2017, then my second computer died in mid 2018 so couldn't play or do any work to help out here. Dad died in 2019 (at least he's not suffering anymore) and been picking up the pieces since. I feel older than 30. Had to help mom and stuff, especially after she broke her leg and her back hasn't been the greatest since her car accident when I was a kid. Got laid off during COVID.

Finally turning things around, found a nice job even if the pay isn't what it should be in mid 2021. I'm also looking at building a house soon on some land the family has owned for a while, designs are almost finalized. I've been keeping tabs on STEP and Lexy's LoTD guide for a year or two now but hadn't had a chance to do more than get the mods installed for both sets in MO2 (a few times) before I had to take the opportunity for a bunch of Overtime (each time weird how it always works out that way).

How's everyone here? I've seen Tech, Ess and DoubleYou pop up in Steam a fair amount.

• Like 1

We're all doing well. Not so much activity for the summer. I'm working on a new guide for Fallout 4, making various mods along the way. @TechAngel85 has started maintaining a guide for No Man's Sky. EssArrBee hasn't stopped by for awhile.

There's a lot of expectation for Starfield on the horizon. I believe most all of us have preordered it.

12 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

We're all doing well. Not so much activity for the summer. I'm working on a new guide for Fallout 4, making various mods along the way. @TechAngel85 has started maintaining a guide for No Man's Sky. EssArrBee hasn't stopped by for awhile.

There's a lot of expectation for Starfield on the horizon. I believe most all of us have preordered it.

I'm glad to hear everyone's doing well.

I think I'm going to hold off on Starfield for a bit, wait for a sale and see what I hear about how it lives up to expectations. I've got a backlog anyway (says the guy modding his game at this very moment) I've yet to play any of the Witcher games, or Outer Worlds for instance.

Edited by phazer11

Hey! Glad to hear thing are on the up for you, you also have my condolences as well.

Everyone is still around besides EssArrBee. I haven't heard from him in a couple years now. 

I'm doing fairly well. Nothing to really complain about. Work is good, and my partner and I just closed on a house. Most of my free time has been spent painting and fixing things. The house was built in 1947 and hasn't received a lot of modern upgrades so there is plenty to do. For example, nothing in the house is grounded beside the stove because none of the wiring has been updated. I actually love that kind of work, though, so I don't mind doing it all myself.

Each one of us is basically spearheading a Guide on there own, now. I don't really do much of anything with Skyrim anymore beside maintain mods once a quarter. I'm sort of over Skyrim after 10+ yrs of it and ready for something new on that front. Most my time around Step is spent handling the No Man's Sky guide. Though, I'm planning to immerse myself into Starfield when it's released.

2 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Hey! Glad to hear thing are on the up for you, you also have my condolences as well.

Everyone is still around besides EssArrBee. I haven't heard from him in a couple years now. 

I'm doing fairly well. Nothing to really complain about. Work is good, and my partner and I just closed on a house. Most of my free time has been spent painting and fixing things. The house was built in 1947 and hasn't received a lot of modern upgrades so there is plenty to do. For example, nothing in the house is grounded beside the stove because none of the wiring has been updated. I actually love that kind of work, though, so I don't mind doing it all myself.

Each one of us is basically spearheading a Guide on there own, now. I don't really do much of anything with Skyrim anymore beside maintain mods once a quarter. I'm sort of over Skyrim after 10+ yrs of it and ready for something new on that front. Most my time around Step is spent handling the No Man's Sky guide. Though, I'm planning to immerse myself into Starfield when it's released.

Thanks Tech. Also, cool! I know a lot of those older houses had Aluminum wiring, so that probably sucks. Some things like that can be relaxing to fix if you're not being rushed, well not wiring imo but the rest. Let me know in Steam if you think to if you find any cool fixtures and stuff for bathrooms or kitchen. I've been all into looking while I'm waiting on permits to remove the trees.

I'm not done with Skyrim just yet. Whenever Lexy posts her big update next month I'll probably hop in and do the DLCs and such. I never got to actually play the DLCs and one or two of the faction quests, when I finally got the DLCs I spent most of my time in game testing here. Plenty of Dungeons and minor quests I'm sure I missed too.

I'm looking forward to the SkyBlivion release, hope they keep their timeline. I never got to play it, came out when I beginning Highschool with a lot on my plate and now all the models look like potatoes so I went straight from Morrowind in middle to Skyrim at the end of Highschool.

I have yet to get No Man Sky, try FO4 (hated FO3 and NV for some reason), or Outer Wilds. I have recently caught up and played the Bioshock 1 (finally got over my annoyance at the controls and played) and a few others. Next on the list is Dying Light and maybe Pathfinder Kingmaker, followed by Horizon Zero Dawn.